POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Depends how solid it needs to be to cover -- Sharpies aren't bad, but they do come off with handling (the metallics particularly).
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I got CW Powerglide yesterday. He's neat.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

We got an Air Raid a few days ago. I'm pretty certain I haven't posted that yet. (Ow, the wallet...)

So after collecting some of the CW Aerialbots/Stunticons mostly by proxy, I'm finally sitting down with them. Don't expect a whole lot of cohesive "flow" to this haphazard mini-review thing I'm doing here, I've been writing it all morning/most of the afternoon in little bits.

Initially, when I hadn't yet played with Superion but watched Hound putter around with it, I preferred the plane bits on the legs behind the figure (as Hound had it originally). Now that I've gotten a chance to fiddle around with it myself I think I prefer them facing out the front. It just looks more "balanced" that way, functional knees are good plus call me spoiled but I'm not a huge fan of robot bits all sticking out in alt mode on the individual figures (Planes and jets... gahhhh). Having the legs backwards for a "proper aesthetic effect" or whatever (G1 toy etc) is just too much like that for me.

I'm not so much enamoured of the individual Aerialbots. Individually the look of them is kinda just "meh" for me. After playing with Silverbolt for a bit I've kind of lost my enthusiasm for playing with the rest so I might do it later.

Originally I don't think Hound wanted to pick up an Alpha Bravo and I was like "whatever" but the fact that we have an incomplete Superion is kinda bugging me now (it took me way too ****ing long to figure out why there was no Slingshot/if there was a Slingshot/what happened to Slingshot, BTW. Yes, I know... read the comics blah blah. I PAE ATENSHUN GUD). After looking at Alpha Bravo online, it doesn't look that bad. It looks like it'd make an interesting arm. And it's not another freaking plane.

Hound wants to get a Quickslinger, I kinda want to get an Alpha Bravo... So yeah, that kinda sucks. :lol: Superion is more his than mine though. So whatever, Menasor is better anyway. :p

I REALLY like the Stunticons. More than I thought I would. Though Dead End's hips are loose on our figure and it's a little frustrating. Dead End would be my favourite if it wasn't annoying to stand him up- he's got a fantastic robot mode and a fantastic vehicle mode. I even like his non-feet, though they remind me of those furry leg warmers chicks wore back in the early 00's.

Breakdown is so favey. There's nothing I don't like here. There's a little streak of blue on the hood of ours that shouldn't be there that annoys me a bit and I'm a little worried about the eventuality of the blue on white paint apps chipping away but for now I'm really enjoying him.

Dragstrip is my least favourite Stunticon so far, but that doesn't mean he's bad. He's super simple, and I appreciate that. I don't really like his head, though. :/

All in all, Hound can keep his precious Aerialbots. I'm all about the Stunticons.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I got my Quickslinger and Break-Neck in the mail today. I opened them both and fiddled with them some before sticking them where they belong. They both look good as who they are, even if they are simple head swaps with different decos.

What is all over the place is the tolerances on these guys. My Wildrider does not like to have his front end peg into place in alt mode, but the little bit where the fist/foot plugs in that loves to pop off on my Dead End is solidly in place and rotates smoothly without popping off. Also his hood is very, very tight and I have to use some force to get it into and out of place. The hood/front end thing really doesn't bother me as he's probably going to live most of his life as a robot or a leg for Menasor anyways.

Slingshot's leg hinges for transformation are loose, but he pegs together pretty securely. I'm not a huge fan of his head sculpt, but as an arm I don't have to worry about it. It's not that the sculpt is bad, I just don't care for it.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Score Motormaster! Haven't had a chance to poke at it but it looks good.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Managed to get CW Dead End, and I really like him. Hips are a bit loose and his weapon's a joke(geez, I was hoping TF: Battle Tactics was wrong), but overall I like him.

And given how quick the rest seems to have cleared out, he might be the only other Stunticon I get besides Dragstrip. Pity, I was hoping to find Air Raid......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finally found a Prime Beast Hunters Shockwave of eBay, unfortunately the treads on the back broke so I'm going to have to superglue that back on.
Destruction is my specialty
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

AoE Wave 2 Micro-Changers (Gears, Skalor, etc) are at Dollar Tree. Since they're only $1 each, I bought the whole box to be sure I got the ones I wanted. There were 23, but the clerk must have miscounted, since I was only charged for 22.

CW Breakdown is pretty sweet. The notches on his Menasor hand make for a good backback/engine for the Sunstreaker repaint. Plus, the way his arms fold into his sides means he's the only CW gestalt arm (so far) whose own arms don't stick out. Fireflight's a close second, since his arms can at least flip over his back and stay out of the way, but they're still highly visible.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
numbat

Post by numbat »

Got Transformers United UN-16 Blurr thanks to Knightdramon.

The Drift/Blurr mould always looked really neat, and not really having any love of Drift, Blurr was the one I'd hoped to find. However, I'd pretty much written off the figure, as I missed the boat when he was released and prices seem to have sky-rocketed since (I've had a few failed eBay bidding experiences...). I'm very pleased to have got him, and the United one was my preferred version to boot! He just looks gorgeous in both modes - the car is beautiful and the robot mode is a great combo G1/IDW homage. A really very beautiful Transformer indeed. When Takara get a paintjob right, it can be spectacular.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Two official releases in the house...

MP Exhaust: Hmmm. So this is what all the fuss was about. Nifty bot, but if you have Wheeljack, you are not missing much. New launchers for his shoulders can bump into his ears. Very nice headsculpt, like his paint more than Wheeljack's. Mine is a bit flimsier than Wheeljack and does not lock in properly in car mode [at least out of the box].

MP Star Saber: Another hmmm. Too much fuss [although less than Exhaust!]. I can see that the designer wanted to put EVERYTHING into him--on interviews he had stated that a Star Saber figure is what he wanted to do forever. Can't say I'm into any of the modes more than the others, big robot mode is too clunky and cannot hold any weapon besides the short hilt saber, his elbow joints are too lose and he can't hold the shield, and the little robot has classics astrotrain legs.

Hmmm. Favourite MPs for me are still Magnus and Rodimus. Hmm.

EDIT: Fiddled with them more and went through another TF cycle. My Exhaust is indeed a bit loose and has difficulties tabbing together, the worst offender being his back engine/vents cover, which untabs on its own if things are not lined up PERFECTLY. Paint chips from tabs...now I am a bit more apprehensive of WJ not being painted fully.

Star Saber handles a bit better, and I discovered that his shoulders can pop out to do that two handed pose with the sword. Joints are a bit too lose [especially arms] for that size, and his thigh ratchets have too much of a give between the clicks. I keep finding new tabs and locks. Weapon holding is insanely flimsy sadly.

Any place to store the long sword handle and the little sword hilt in either mode?

Despite my misgivings, I cannot argue the point that this is, alongside MP10, the most bang for your buck release in the line. He has -EVERYTHING- and I like the shield/display stand.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Combiner Wars Motormaster, Offroad, Breakdown, Dead End, and Air Raid.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

My brother- and sister-in-law gave me Off Road as an early birthday present. Very awesome, and now my Menasuperion is no longer an amputee!
Terome

Post by Terome »

Late to the party as usual but I opened up Whirl, Roadbuster and Sky-Byte as a housewarming present to myself. Man, they are great. Roadbuster might be my favourite - really nice transformation and he looks suitably intimidating.

Now to track down a Sandstorm at a decent price!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Had a Legends Viper arrive yesterday. Nifty figure. I can see why people liked the Powerglide version, though the gun mode is kind of crap.
Been waiting for them do an A-10 into Rattler redeco for a long time, and they really went for it on this one. Got the winged Cobra insignia with the Decepticon insignia in the middle, the random Z06 on the wing. Viper's face even resembles Wild Weasel's helmet. I'm highly tempted to army build this sucker.

Would also have a Legends Groove right now but HasbroToyShop screwed up and forgot to pack it with Viper. They're sending a replacement though.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

AoE Microchangers Wave 2: Found these at a local Dollar Tree for $1 a pack. Bought the store out of them in hopes of getting a complete set, which I did. I think my favorite out of the batch is Skalor, followed by Sea Spray and Runamuck.

Energon Arcee: One of two figures I picked up at a local comic shop that deals in toys. I'm disappointed in her. Dishonor on her. Dishonor on her family. Dishonor on her horse.

RTS Optimus Prime: This was the other figure I picked up. I missed him the first time round and got him for about the same price now, so no trouble there. His truck mode looks like multi-colored poop but his robot mode is pretty awesome looking. I'm glad I picked him up this round.

CW Rook: Since I'm planning on getting the Takara Defensor that comes with Groove instead my wife picked me up Rook as a surprise. I'm a rather big fan of his overall look and feel. I love his Russian hat/American football helmet of a head. He looks like a brawler so I'm keeping him around just because.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I just picked up the US Protrectobot limbs. I heard some people were putting those off, or just buying Rook, because they were planning to get the Takara version with Deluxe Groove. I just figure Hasbro'd release Deluxe Groove somehow, like Wildrider and Slingshot. Has there been any confirmation either way on this?
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Tantrum wrote:I just picked up the US Protrectobot limbs. I heard some people were putting those off, or just buying Rook, because they were planning to get the Takara version with Deluxe Groove. I just figure Hasbro'd release Deluxe Groove somehow, like Wildrider and Slingshot. Has there been any confirmation either way on this?
Iirc there was a kind of cyptic "Asia only" thing next to the promo pictures of him from Japan and since then Takara has been pushing him as an exclusive. Haven't heard a peep from Hasbro.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Tantrum wrote:I just picked up the US Protrectobot limbs. I heard some people were putting those off, or just buying Rook, because they were planning to get the Takara version with Deluxe Groove. I just figure Hasbro'd release Deluxe Groove somehow, like Wildrider and Slingshot. Has there been any confirmation either way on this?
The Deluxe Groove mould seems to feature clear plastic, for example the windshield. I've heard this is something of a no-no for a Hasbro Deluxe, so speculation is it will Takara only*. Time will tell, of course.

Personally, I'm hoping the Takara set has:

* A black head on Hot Spot.
* Less red on First Aid's alt mode.
* No blue on Streetwise.
* More white on Blades.

Basically, I'm hoping it will be more in line with the G1 toys. Yes, I am that Geewunner.

* I expect this theory to now be proven utter hogwash.
Wreck and Rule!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:The Deluxe Groove mould seems to feature clear plastic, for example the windshield. I've heard this is something of a no-no for a Hasbro Deluxe, so speculation is it will Takara only*.
Hasbro's Generations Chromia has several clear plastic pieces, a windshield and her back wheel that splits into two (it's painted). Generations Bumblebee, Orion Pax, Trailbreaker, and Hoist also have clear plastic windshields. Those are from the most recent line anyways. There are more. I had to go looking for clear and not tinted see through plastic. They do love their tinted windshields don't they?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Thunderwave wrote:Hasbro's Generations Chromia has several clear plastic pieces, a windshield and her back wheel that splits into two (it's painted). Generations Bumblebee, Orion Pax, Trailbreaker, and Hoist also have clear plastic windshields. Those are from the most recent line anyways. There are more. I had to go looking for clear and not tinted see through plastic. They do love their tinted windshields don't they?
They're you go. That'll learn me for repeating things I've read without thinking it through!

Another argument raised (by others) for Groove being Takara only was that he will come with two small guns that look to be inspired by his G1 saddle bag blasters. All the Hasbro Combiner Wars Deluxes have had one gun only so far, AFAIK, and I see no indication that they try to replicate the characters' G1 weapons. I'm not sure if this point holds much weight, but it's food for thought.

Another thought is that Hasbro have already made the conscious decision to release Groove in CW as a Legends figure, with integration into CW Defensor being part of the suggested play pattern. Would they do that if they planned a Deluxe Groove release also?

Personally, I hope deluxe Groove does get a release in the US and elsewhere. I do have my doubts though.

/derail

I recently got CW Air Raid, and built my Superion over the weekend. I'm impressed with how well it all works, and how big Superion ends up. I love the head sculpt! Face plate ftw!

BTW, I've built Superion using Air Raid & Skydive as arms, and Fireflight & Slingshot as legs. This is how I remember I used to build him back in the day, probably based on early promotional material. I know that using Fireflight & Slingshot as the arms and the other guys as the legs is also popular. Which way do you prefer? Could this be another RIRFIB / RIBFIR? AR&SDAA, FF&SSAL / FF&SSAA, AR&SDAL, anyone? :lol:
Wreck and Rule!