POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Towards the end of last month (post-botcon) a friend of mine was able to procure for me a pair of those wonderful MP bots... Star Saber and Ultra Magnus. I'm ust sad right now because I gotta figure out what to do for space... cause right now.. I'm outta it!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Grabbed Combiner Wars Protectobot Blades from Myer with a 20% reduction last Sunday.

Probably going to have to rely on eBay or Amazon for the wave 2 guys.
Destruction is my specialty
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So I've tipped my toe in the Combiner Wars pool with Hot Spot and Blades (sadly the local Smyth's had no First Aid).

Quite nice fun toys that have some nice little touches to their transformations, good kids toys as well. I do like how ****ed off Blades looks.

The main thing that I've either not got a good handle on yet or is going to really annoy me in the long run is that Blades' Blades seem to flop about a bit in robot mode.

I'm more interested in the individual Protectobots than Defensor (and based on the hand/foot that comes with Blades, that might be a good thing, the hand especially is a bit meh), but I liked these guys enough to think I'll complete the set.

What's that? Takara's Proper Groove is only in a boxset of the lot?

Bugger. How can I re-enact the Return of Optimus Prime on my bed without him?

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 0484800514

EDIT: Though I should add, as fun as they are, neither toy is remotely good enough to have been reused as much as they have in such a short space of time. One Blades is niffty, 87 gets old.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Snagged me a CW Legends Rodimus and Skywarp yesterday. That Legends Seeker mold is kind of cool. Almost but not quite enough to make me wish I'd gone for one of the earlier releases.

Rodimus is a nice re-use of the Blackjack mold, I just wish they'd done some remolding to allow the axe-thingy to clip to his back to properly mimic the spoiler wing. A new tab on the other side of the axe from the regular two would have done it
numbat

Post by numbat »

Got Hasbro's Wildrider Brake-Neck yesterday. He's my second CW Stunticon, and I'm still pleased even with the basic transformation. The flaps which provide 'solid' legs are a very nice touch, which reminds me of the thought put into Third Party figures, rather than mainline HasTak. I also like how the front of the car folds down on the back rather than just flipping over. The only real niggles are that the windscreen hinge is very stiff and showed stress marks after transformation number one, and his joints are rather loose with the exception of the incredibly tight ratcheted wrists - why they even need ratchets I don't know!

All-in-all a very nice update of the G1 figure with a view to Scramble City combiner-style compatibility.

Looking forward to getting the rest of the Stunticons. (Randomly the instructions indicate Menasor to include Brake-Neck and Offroad as an arm and a leg on the same (left) side - that would be a very grey Menasor given the options!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:I liked these guys enough to think I'll complete the set.

What's that? Takara's Proper Groove is only in a boxset of the lot?
Snagged a set of the US ones since Masterforce has an offer on the core five and the TT ones don't seem to be out until the end of year.... with the legends Groove on a reversed Rook, it looks pretty decent. Just a pin into some foam in the cavity Rook's got on the underside, and it avoids stupidly large knees.

http://i.imgur.com/h5bPfdI.jpg
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Picked up RID Sideswipe, who shall henceforth be referred to as "Chad".
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Defensor up there looks like he's trying too hard to be happy...like he's fallen over and hurt his knee and is smiling through the pain. And looking like that, I am not surprised :down: Shame really, as the original Defensor is a cracking toy and this doesn't really improve on it. Like Menasor, his proportions are all wrong.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Hit the local flea market and snagged Breakaway and Sharkticon for $3 a pop. Breakaway because I thought he looked neat and Sharkticon because I've kind of wanted one for a while. Something about that submarine/battleship alt mode appeals to me.

Also I snagged CW Cyclonus who shall now be known as Armada.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Skyquake87 wrote:Defensor up there looks like he's trying too hard to be happy...like he's fallen over and hurt his knee and is smiling through the pain. And looking like that, I am not surprised :down: Shame really, as the original Defensor is a cracking toy and this doesn't really improve on it. Like Menasor, his proportions are all wrong.
Straight-on isn't the most flattering angle -- I think it looks a lot better than Menasor personally, particularly the ornate scaffolding of the chest. Arms are a little out of proportion; on Superion they still display acceptably if folded in to be shorter but that doesn't work with Defensor.

It's not so much a vast improvement on the original as it's more in-scale with modern stuff and has joints. I like him.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Friday brought the Takara box set of Superion and the Japanese Toy Fair Black Convoy (G2 Optimus deluxe figure redeco).

I like Superion quite a bit. Very simple, very straightforward, and it works. While I had already picked up Alpha Bravo some months ago, I am convinced that he'll make a better Protectobot understudy than bench warming Arialbot.

Black Convoy is very nicely done. Also kind of surprised at how relatively cheap it was ($40) considering it was a convention exclusive on top of being an import. I think the Collectors' Club version was resold for more than twice that.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Walmart's already got RiD Warriors on clearance here. I got Strongarm, and am pretty satisfied. The way the gauntlets form the grill is something I haven't seen before. The only issue is the panels on the back pack. If you fold them back, they sit agaist the roof panel and look like a giant block. If you fold them out G1 Skids style, they get in the way of the shoulder kibble. An extra hinge to fold each panel in half would have allowed them to lay flat behind the roof.

I thought about getting Steeljaw, but decided against it. Steeljaw is too monochromatic to look interesting, and his face is too feral to represent the cunning criminal boss he is on the show. It's too bad he's the only Warrior Decepticon out now. The animal influenced robot modes look more interesting than the Autobots. I'd really like a decent Warrior Thunderhoof.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I like the looks of the Dead End mold and I've wanted to pick up one of the sixty different versions of it. Finally I decided to grab the man himself, because I don't want to buy Wildrider online, Takara's Streetwise makes the Hasbro one look awful, and why in the world would I want Prowl or Smokescreen?

He's definitely as good as I'd hoped. All of the other Stunticons look like varying degrees of crap to me, but Dead End's always had the best colours of the bunch and his CW toy has the others beat when it comes to proportions too. He makes the most of the required CW limb transformation too, adding a different wrinkle to the legs that makes him stand out from the Aerialbots I've got a little bit. I like that he's got a chest plate covering up most of the combiner port, too.

Not so fond of the tailpipe-club weapon thingy he comes with, though. It probably works better as an add-on to Menasor than as a weapon in its own right. His hand/foot gun is a bit better, but not much.

Overall though, I like him as much as Air Raid -- which means that he's a good standalone figure and not just a functional arm or leg.
Sades

Post by Sades »

CW Not-Slingshot and Not-Wildrider hath arrived.

Peep that flavour text... Heh. Cute.
Warcry wrote:
Not so fond of the tailpipe-club weapon thingy he comes with, though.
Yeah, this. I thought it was supposed to be some sort of lame nunchuck or something at first.
Attachments
IMG_0958.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

MP-10 Convoy
Encore Starscream

So here we have at least 30 years worth of difference in engineering, and which one do I end up playing with more? Well, the one who can't even store his own fists in his vehicle mode, of course.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Just received my Masterpiece Bumble(bee). He's so little and Bumblebeeish. It's cute.

Love the whole completely superfluous wheel-cover thing just so his back looks like the animation model. Though the one wing-mirror thing is a bit weird.

First original mould I've bought in years. I likes.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Did you go for the original release with Spike or (what will likely be my preference when I get one) the "G2" Bumblebee? If the former, is the Spike as bad as everyone says?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

G1 version.

Spike/Daniel/GenericExoSuitGuy is a bit meh. A step or seven above the Dr Arkeville figure from the MP jets, due to not just being a tiny lump of plastic. Joints are a bit loose and some form of detail on the face might have been nice. Haven't tried the alt mode because it looks ridiculous. But that's a side-effect of it being a toy version of the exo-suit, really. There's not really a lot you can actually do with it and still have it be that animation model.

It is what it is, y'know. A bonus accessory to pad out the pack. Can't imagine anybody's buying the toy specifically for it.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Amazon's Prime Day really did manage to capture the feel of Black Friday... at least the frustration and disappointment of it. Nothing like side-scrolling through over a hundred pages of pointless items to find out the one thing you kind of wanted is gone already. Or waiting as the clock counts down for the sale to start, only to have the item inexplicably disappear and relocate itself about 50 clicks away.

I did get one thing, though. I got the Covenant of Primus book thingy for $30. I figured it will be worth a look and I can probably resell it again for not much of a loss. Bonus disappointment with Amazon: My free Prime 2-day shipping is taking over a week because I'm forced to put a PO Box in my address and they see that instead of my physical address. Oh well. I'll probably have forgotten that I ordered it by then and it will be a happy little surprise for me.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Got the last Generations Blitzwing at The Entertainer.

Update: I'm a bit underwhelmed.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!