POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Then society has improved immensely. I've the vague feeling I didn't know my Ramjet wasn't Starscream until much later on...

Still, at least the price of the reissue wound up fairly sensible, imagine paying full whack for it (speaking of which, Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus is now 29.99 in Smyth's stores if you're in the UK).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:(speaking of which, Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus is now 29.99 in Smyth's stores if you're in the UK).
That's a reduced price? ****. Ing. Hell. And it looks like a piece of shit with his nineteen elbows and crap face. Hasbro should at least take UK retail buyers out to dinner a few times before going straight to the brutal anal ramming.
inflatable dalek

But the anal ramming is the fun part.

Heard nothing but good things about the toy myself and 30 doesn't seem so bad for the size of it (assuming I've got the scale right in my head).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:Still, at least the price of the reissue wound up fairly sensible, imagine paying full whack for it (speaking of which, Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus is now 29.99 in Smyth's stores if you're in the UK).
It's not that much bigger than a voyager IIRC, so that still would feel like normal RRP more than a discount...

Decided to get CW Onslaught as they were on clearance (still don't like CW Swindle though) and Bruticus is generally up there with Superion as a success story of CW. Brawl turned out particularly well. (If anyone spots a G2 one sold separately, I'm interested).

http://i.imgur.com/Ip8UA5C.jpg
inflatable dalek

Well yeah, I meant a sane price rather than a ludicrously cheap one. Toy itself actually feels quite tall, I'd have gone for bigger than Voyager at a guess.

The shame about the high RRP is he's a really good kids toy, nice and poseable, big and striking and lots of different variations you can put him into to increase playability. But no parent is going to buy their little sprog a toy that expensive of a character they haven't heard of.

Good fun toy overall, happy to have him as IDW Magnus whilst the MP serves as the Marvel one.

Slightly puzzled as to why the Japanese made Minimus Alpha Trion though. I mean, I get why they'd want to turn him into someone more familiar to the target audience of local fans, but I'm not sure why they didn't go for Dion (the full fanwank) or just White Ultra Magnus Chest Guy From Offa The Original Toy.

Love his little 'tache though.

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 7744940032

Be amazed at my thumb in one pic like a pro.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

As I'm a sucker for Combiner War moulds (and having heard good things about them), I decided to pick up the Hot Rod and Powerglide upscaled KOs.

I have to say, they are mighty good, quality-wise (Powerglide's legs even hold together in jet mode, and he has GUNS!). Joints are incredibly tight. On the minus side, the upscaling means that Powerglide's gun mode handle is now larger than 5mm, meaning that Superion can't actually hold him any more. Boo!

Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:Well yeah, I meant a sane price rather than a ludicrously cheap one.
For the record it's currently £40 (ON SALE) at Kapow, if that helps give anybody a reference point.

Personally I think it's a horrible ugly looking robot and am unsure how attachment to a storyline would change that; but then I've also just been online and bought Marvel Legends Boomerang, so I'm really not one to talk.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

RID Legion Steeljaw: For $3 I don't feel too put out on this guy. He's small, he's basic, he's a legion scale figure. Really I just like the character and wanted a pocket scale version.
inflatable dalek wrote: WHO BUYS THEIR CHILDREN A RAMJET IN 1987?
My mom. -.-
Denyer wrote:It's not that much bigger than a voyager IIRC, so that still would feel like normal RRP more than a discount...
He's actually pretty tall. It all depends which Voyager you stick him next to. He's still taller then my few Ultra class figures I have out. To be fair to Ultra Magnus, Brainstorm is one of the taller Voyagers.

Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Cliffjumper wrote:Thank **** for the formatted full line name or none of us would have any idea what you were on about.
You see this why I don't bother writing a long winded reviews in this thread, because I simply don't have the time and with stupid replies like this why should I even want to waste my valuable time to do so?
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It was pretty unnecessary. But calm the **** down, it's the internet. So not worth getting your jimmies rustled over.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Have hope again Canadian Transformer fans, I have found Chop Shop in the wild, and while I was there I saw Groove. Sadly I picked up Groove 6 months ago when visiting a nation with Stars and Strips in its flag.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got a combo in the post...

MMC Eupatorium, Azalea, Commotus: Found those three MIB at a price I could not pass up. The completist in me is one step closer to filling out that MMC collection.

All three are standard MMC lore---very detailed, very well built, lovely compact packaging. There's a LOT of green on Commotus that shows as dark blue or straight black on a lot of the photography.

The fembots actually hold together better than my Salvia. Don't think I'll bother transforming them much.

Commotus' joints are far smoother than Impactor's, making him a far better figure to fiddle with. There is a lot of remoulding on this one and he does make the better tank of the two of them. The headsculpt is ace.

:up:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
inflatable dalek

Turns out that Groove is in the heart:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 3772813312

Very nice toy with a lovely chin-heavy head sculpt, fun transformation and more paint apps than the rest of the Protecobots put together. The main problem, and it's a biggy, is how visible the hands are in bike mode. Even being able to just turn them inwards would help.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:Turns out that Groove is in the heart:
THAT'S LEG GROOVE YOU CLOWN IT'S THE CHEST-BOT GROOVE THAT YOU GET TO MAKE DEEE-LITE JOKES FOR HAVE I TAUGHT YOU NOTHING
inflatable dalek

I meant I dug up the corpse of Tony Hart and buried Grove in his decomposing chest.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Better
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well I got MP Wheeljack today.

What was weird that the mailman just left the box outside my door. Never had that happen before! Must've worked for USPS or something.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Combiner Wars Sky Lynx - Got at Toys'R'Us with a 20% discount.

Combiner Wars Shockwave - Found at Myer and if I had waited I could have gotten it a couple bucks off. Also means I have finished off the Combaticon team.

Finally, I put Titans Return Fortress Maximus on lay-by during Big W's 'Mid-Year Toy Sale', will probably make full use of the six month lay-by duration.
Destruction is my specialty
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Somewhat doubtful that Takara will do a Cliffjumper due to the proportion squishing, and besides that this'll be the only unmodified MP Bee I get unless maybe there's a Glyph, so...

http://i.imgur.com/hL6r2JC.jpg
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

MP 25L Loud Pedal

Holy shizzle, this is a very pretty toy. The alt mode looks deadly, love the sleek black colouring and purple tinted windows. Flame decal looks good, and the triangle and Decepticon logo stop it looking too much like 'Black Tracks' (not sure about the 'CS' sticker that you can slap over this - a Diaclone hangover???). Robot mode looks sharp too - lots of little paint apps which stop all that grey looking like a terrible tracksuit. Headsculpt is rocking it and I love the bronzed Decep badge on his chest. Not done the flying car mode or given much of a hoot about the other accessories, because I've just stuck him robot mode and marvelled art how pretty he is....despite one of his shin panels being ready disassembled in the box :( For a cool looking 'bot, his stats are rubbish. 3?! Are you kidding me?

And I've just remembered these guys from The Entertainer, which is having a sale on selected Transformers toys (all that AOE crap they can't shift, mostly), but did score a couple of excellent RID Legends toys - Clampdown (he's a proper Crabulon Crabulon Crabulon Crabulon etc) who I've been looking out for, and Undermine, because he looks weird and I do like the weird s*** the RID line is throwing out. Still no Quillfire anywhere though. Curses!