POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Bumblemus Prime

Post by Bumblemus Prime »

So...

is Carnifex out yet?

is he

is he

is he?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Denyer wrote:The Max alt transformation is mainly a case of getting the legs limbo-ed back behind the body so the leg guns are underneath, and hiding the arms under the ramps. Just don't forget that the knees have that sideways shuffle ability.
Thanks man - just gave it a go. Loving it! Much better than the laughable official base mode, and far tidier than my skyscraper legs.

The WSTs agree this is the best Fort Max configuration yet.

Just waiting on the Toyhax stickers to add more windows...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I picked up mold-mates RiD 15 Scorponok and Paralon. They're an interesting take on partsforming. The robot shoulder pads/scorpion claws aren't actually connected to the rest of the figure. They slide down the arms and envelop the robot hands in beast mode. However, they're molded with a ring of plastic the encircles the arm, so they can't be removed from the figure (unless you pop the arms off).

It works, but at the expense of beast articulation. The claws can't open to grab anything, and the scorpion elbows are locked in position. The shoulders move, though. The scorpion legs have no articulation. There are a couple joints in the tail, and the jaw opens.

Limited beast articulation is the only functional flaw. The other two are aesthetic. First, the front of the robot torso is molded to have a very thin waist, giving a triangular torso. But, the rear of the torso is rectangular because the scorpion legs attach there, somewhat ruining the triangle effect. Second, the scorpion tail is hollow when viewed from above.

On the other hand, the robot forearms arms avoid the hollowness so many figures have there by being curled into points instead of having regular hands. This looks unusual, which in this case is a good thing.

The bot lower legs are hollow in the back, but it's not noticeable due to the thinness of the lower legs. The bot legs have three sections instead of two, which also works in giving the figure a unique look. I haven't played around enough to know how this helps with posing. The feet are long, which should help with stability.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Titans Return Blaster
£24.99 from TK Maxx (RRP £35.99 -so what's up with your price of £49.99 TRU...?). Wouldn't have paid anything more than this, tbh. He's a good, chunky robot with solid plastics and a fun set of play feautres, but he's no way worth what he's being sold for. Streets ahead of his original toy and a very nice looking figure all the same and I like him.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

&quot wrote:official base mode
Definitely positively surprised at the many fan modes that are showing up with a lot of Titan Returns stuff... base modes out of things like Sentinel Prime, an exosuit out of Hardhead, flight modes for various ones including Skullcruncher, etc.

Maybe it helps that the alt modes are sci-fi to start off with, maybe it's partly that the master gimmick encourages fiddling and dismantling, transformations are generally complex enough to repurpose, etc, but it feels like the designers are going for this sort of thing too.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Popped into the new Smyths thats opened up near me and picked up...

Titans Return Blurr
Holy crap this guy is excellent. Really great looking robot mode with great articulation. Good weapon and the shield is good too. Transformation is superb and the alt mode is fab. I like how it looks like its hovering. Titan Master Hyperfire is a nice little dude too - and has some good paint apps. Probably the best figure from the line what I have picked up.

Titans Return Galvatron
Galvatron is a good toy and I like him. He's chunky and robost and a good update of the original toy. He does lack a lot of the finese of the other TR figures though and that's really a shame. Its the boring grey plastics that kill him and the weedy and unfinished Nucleon who seems far too tiny for this bulky looking body. The 'battle mask' being on a spring (why?) restricts movement of the head and just looks ... crap, but then Nucleon looks a bit feeble in head mode without it. I've stuck Terri-Bull on there and he looks much better. The triple changing is nice, although the jetmode is questionable. With better finishing, this could have been a excellent figure.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Skyquake87 wrote:Titans Return Blaster
£24.99 from TK Maxx (RRP £35.99 -so what's up with your price of £49.99 TRU...?). Wouldn't have paid anything more than this, tbh. He's a good, chunky robot with solid plastics and a fun set of play feautres, but he's no way worth what he's being sold for. Streets ahead of his original toy and a very nice looking figure all the same and I like him.
+ they now have Sky Lynx too!
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-10-14-15-19-42.jpg
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Masterpiece Red Alert!

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 1637192704

Technically the anime version, practically hard to tell it's not trying to be the toy unless you put them side by side. I'm just glad to get the guy though, I think I could quite happily own every version of this toy.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Picked up TR Ravage after being impressed with the other two 'data pads', Rumble and Laserbeak. Oy, Ravage took a bad turn. He's not terrible per se, but there's just so much lacking. Definitely the weakest of the three by far. I still like him, I was just hoping for soooo much more.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

As Smyths have the Titans Return line on sale (aside from Voyager scaled figures), I picked up TR Mindwipe, Wolfwire, Scourge and Highbrow.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nice score. Got Blaster from TK Maxx and I can see this and the Soundwave being perfectly decent MP stand-ins for a lot of people. Side by side you're going to notice but other than that? Do think Blaster's the better use of the mould.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/08/27/tita ... ery-323928

Plus a nice little cartoon stand-in...

http://i.imgur.com/MGetH9o.jpg
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Aye, Blaster's pretty awesome. I'm surprised by how much I like all the TR figures I've picked up. Especially at the prices I've managed :p. I think it helps for me that a lot of these are the '87 characters that I really like, but got lumbered with pretty mediocre toys the first time around. And, much as I'm not much of a fan of reheats of what went before, I can't help but get a lot out of these toys. The designs are good, I like the colours and they're a lot of fun :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Scotimus Prime wrote:That's cool, but also i noticed in the background there that you've got the Project Genesis Guardian repaint!(or it's deffo a Guardian repaint of some Omega?) now THAT is cool:cool:
Kapow are now clearing them, BTW --

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/sale.html

edit:
Skyquake87 wrote:Aye, Blaster's pretty awesome. I'm surprised by how much I like all the TR figures I've picked up. Especially at the prices I've managed :p. I think it helps for me that a lot of these are the '87 characters that I really like, but got lumbered with pretty mediocre toys the first time around. And, much as I'm not much of a fan of reheats of what went before, I can't help but get a lot out of these toys. The designs are good, I like the colours and they're a lot of fun :)
Mmm. CW and TR are riddled with compromises but been far more interesting personally than most of the previous CHUG stuff, being more the stars of the original fiction I got in at the ground floor with than the original Ark crew etc. Which isn't to say I don't appreciate the characters by this point, and the way different releases and 3P stuff muddles together into shelf displays is what I like most about the hobby, but TR has a lot more immediacy than most modern stuff.

Makes a nice last hurrah before TF action figures disappear in a puff of economic viability, too.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finally picked up CW Buzzsaw.
Destruction is my specialty
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Having perused the Kapow sale thanks to Denyer's link, I now have a Combiner Wars Menasor (G2 colours) gift set. Its ace. Opal Fruit colours, big daft logos (love the G2 Decepticon faction symbol - right bit of design work that), awesome big box with ace character art and a print (!). Good stuff. Shame the box wasn't tarted up with a Generation 2 logo. That would have been nice.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

CW G2 Menasor: My wife found him for $40 at a local discounter, so she snagged him as an anniversary present for me. I love the daft G2 colors they picked out for the team. Drag Strip looks way more awesome then he did before. I adore the teal and purple on Breakdown. Over all I'm pleased as punch with the set and the price can't be beat.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Caved and bought a TR Blaster. He's still in the box. I'll have to open him soon, though; I've been told that he, and everything else I haven't opened, will be opened for me if I don't. Should probably get around to doing that (just not tonight...). :p
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

G1 Getaway - He's complete, a little discoloured around his rear left fender and a bit on his right side door, and the paint on his nose has rubbed off, but other than that he seems to be fine. Definitely needs some new decals tho.

G1 Triggerhappy - no noticeable discolouration as far as I can tell, and his arm cannons actually stay up, which is good. A bit of rust on some of his screws. Missing Blowpipe.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

TR Astrotrain w/ Darkmoon (really?)

Good fun figure that sh*ts all over the Classics version, even if one of the modes isn't much of anything (I think its supposed to be a boat or something). He's a little lanky in the legs, but otherwise fills out nicely. Mine has a slightly floopy left knee, though. As with Galvatron, the Titan Master could have used some more paint apps to make him look a bit more interesting. Overall, I like. And I think I'm all Titaned out now.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

TR Scourge with Fracas - Was planning to get Blurr instead but someone else must've bought him before I got there, Still I think he's better than the previous version they did a few years back.
Destruction is my specialty