POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Heinrad

Re: POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post by Heinrad »

Fans Hobby Mi-

"Hel-LO, NURSE!!!"

"Do not insult the female, Vermin."

Are you two going to jump in every time I get a new figure?

"If she looks like that, you betta believe it."

Minerva: Yeah, I know the character is technically named Athena, but it's definitely Minerva.

———

Minerva stretched, feeling myomer bundles creak slightly, pirouetting slowly. “I love this new transector! It feels so limber!”

“Be still my beatin’ energon pumps! I think I’m in love!”

Minerva looked down, her eyes widening. “Rats? We’ve got RATS?!?!?”

“Think’ as me as yer cuddly furball’a love! Gimme a kiss, baby!”

“I’ll give you something all right, you little weirdo!”

Dinobot chuckled. “This will be.... interesting, Vermin. This is not Minerva from Masterforce.”

“Wit’ those curves? She’s gotta-“

“She is from the RPG.”

“She’s what?”

“HOPE YOU LIKE LOW ORBIT, YOU LITTLE PERV! HEE-YAAAHHHHH!!!!!” In one smooth motion, Minerva picked up Rattrap and drop-kicked him.

“WAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” Rattrap arced through the air, and while the kick wasn’t strong enough send him into orbit, it did send him flying a good distance.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones Fastlane & Cloudraker - The clones are very simple figures even for legends class figures.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Got a big package (well, actually two packages) yesterday. Some more Kingdom wave one guys, Siege Omega Supreme, and the boxed set of Studio Series Constructicons.

Kingdom's great, people. It's the 2009/2010 line of the next ten years, although there're fewer molds. Optimus Primal and Rattrap showed up yesterday, and they're top stuff.

Omega Supreme is fine. He's the least interesting of the proper titans to me, but after-market prices since his initial release made it an easy choice to pick up for the retail amount of $160 when BBTS started offering more preorders for him last fall. Not sure if it's another production run or just old stock shuffled around. Whichever it is, at least now I have a giant version of Ironworks! I also need to check if the rocket can be docked to Skylynx's shuttle mode, but I don't have the table space at the moment, and I'm old so sitting in the floor is out.

Studio Devvy... well, I already have the individual releases, so I bought the boxed set purely for resale value in three to four years. Some of the individual figures like Long Haul and Scrapmetal already trade at a stupid price while other components are still available at retail. I opened it up to make sure each figure has all their bits, and it seems up to snuff. BBTS limiting people to one order per household helped that decision, too.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The MP-08 Reximus Prime OS KO, the chrome version (which wasn't entirely evident from the auction photos; I think there were regular, US comic, chrome and a gold chrome deco of this OS KO?) The chrome isn't perfect and the reflectivity is a bit overpowering in hand so I'm thinking I might dry brush the inside of the "wings" with a matt grey and/or matt varnish it, but it does stand as a nice centrepiece to the FT Iron Dibots (didn't like the Grinder sculpt) and works better than the Scoria boots on the actual MP. And it did get imported without hassle.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

DOTM Space Case
Retool and redeco of the HFTD Terradive mold, here in translucent blue. I just really wanted on. He's sparkly blue translucent plastic and has a big pointy fork and a cross looking face. Love it.

Generations Thrilling 30 Blitzwing
Had it and sold it. Bought it again. I dunno, I know this mold isn't the best, but I really like it. His head's a bit fat to keep the nosecone flush in jet mode, but it otherwise all checks out. The colours are just nice and the plastics are nice and solid. Fun!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If you can still find, there's more than one 3P upgrade kit -- pretty sure the one I got is the Dr Wu one. The later Blitzwing worked better as the purple G2 Megs, and if I ever see one at a sane price will probably pick it up.

https://tfsource.com/dr-wu/dw-p17-blitz/

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Earthrise Trailbreaker, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, Runamuck - I heard that these had arrived randomly during the week at my local shop through a sightings group I'm a member of and it was easier than buying online, so I picked them up.

Animated Sons of Cybertron: Optimus Prime and Rodimus Minor - I've been after a Rodimus Minor for a while but the Japanese clear version was the easiest version to get a hold of, strangely enough.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Denyer wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:04 pm If you can still find, there's more than one 3P upgrade kit
Neat! Might keep my eye out for one. Not essential, as I'm happy enough with the figure as it is.

In new figure news:

Kingdom Airrazor
My my, what a beautiful figure she is. Lovely mix of plastic colours and paint to make her feel quality. Robot mode is stunning and the beast mode is good fun too. The poseable wings are nice and appreciated.

Kingdom Dinobot
Generally an excellent figure. A lot of work has clearly gone into the design and transformation. Head sculpts is brilliant, really capturing that 'unimpressed' look Dinobot wore for much of the show. The missteps for me are those weird pancake flat dino-mode 'hands'. They look like someone's smashed his wrists. The sword being painted purple is fine, I guess (why not silver?), but the tip is clearly textured to be painted up to form the tip of the tail in beast mode, but it hasn't been. Probably a good thing; the brown hue used is so dark, it'd look like he'd stuck his sword in a poo. I also miss the shield being able to spin.

...I am missing action features in Transformers toys. Doesn't have to be anything clever, but launching missiles and stuff... miss those.

Before I forget, can I just add how rubbish the pack in trading cards are? If only because every damn figure I've bought from Kingdom has had Optimus Prime packed in. Sometimes twice! Boo.

Works Mission G-TR Maximus w/ GT Sister Hiro
Bought the Megatron one of these a few years back - they're beefed up racing versions of the Alternity Convoy mold - and loved it. Been on the look out for the others from time to time. Landed me Maximus, whose equally as nice. The tampo detailing on these is insane. They look stunning. Love a good rally-type car with real-world ads and stuff on (still a big fan of Binaltech Smokescreen for this reason). The die-cast is nice, as are the rubber tyres. The arms are a bit of a mess, with the new tooling causing parts to bump into each other at the shoulder. Race Sister Hiro is cute, though my example is lacking the alternate hands these things come with. Super-articulated wee figure. From the days before race queens were consigned to the dustbin of history, I guess.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Last weekend I ordered what I thought was an Energon Command Ravage from eBay. I say "thought", because what actually arrived was this:

Something seemed off when I unboxed it, but it took me a while to realize what. The tan paint on the limbs and face was all wrong! It's supposed to be gold. Or at least, I thought it was! It's a pretty old toy, maybe I misremembered? But no, a quick Google showed nothing but pictures with a shiny face and details. I was very confused until I read that while the Hasbro figure used metallic bronzy-gold, the Takara one used a flat tan. So I appear to have accidentally bought a Superlink Command Jaguar Desert Type instead. The wiki makes it sound like this is a pretty rare toy, so that's neat.

Anyway, whatever you call him, Ravage here is a really nice toy. I had the standard Battle Ravage ages ago but moved on from it at some point, I think mainly because I thought the colours were a bit boring and I wanted to track down a Command Ravage instead. It took me probably ten years to actually do that, but I'm glad I finally have one, even if it's not quite the one I thought it was. This is just a good, solid Transformer all around...good articulation in both modes, a snappy transformation and tons of accessories. And the colours are great too, a nice change of pace from the standard Decepticon colours that Battle Ravage came in. Though TBH, after seeing how cheap the other deco is on eBay I'm pretty tempted to buy one of those as well.

The Energon Basics were some of the best toys to come out between the Beast era and the movies, and I really don't know why I moved so many of them on. Since Ravage is as good as I remember, I think I might need to track down at least Strongarm, Skyblast and Divebomb again.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

“So lemme get this straight. Ya got Minerva.”

Yes.

“Ya got Chopperface. Fer some reason.”

Yes.

-sigh- Yes.. Just live with it, fuzzball.

“Or keep complaining, Vermin. Then you won’t have to live with it anymore.”

“An’ now ya go an’ get THIS GUY?!?!?”

Look, nobody’s made a Transmetal Rattrap yet. Just calm down.

“Yeah, but HIM?!?”

Studio Series Hot Rod: Even though I pre-ordered him from BBTS, Roddy here was one of the few figures I saw in the wild today, let alone over the last few weeks. And I don’t know what they’re charging in other places, but he was slightly more than a deluxe, but not as much as a Voyager. And I have to say, I do like him. Although he broke the current streak of problem free Studio Series figures(2 easily transformable figures out of 10), but once I got everything in place, he came together wonderfully.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Studio Series Jazz, Kup, Blurr (All from The Transformers: The Movie) - Picked up from Target, I'm liking Jazz a lot, Kup's face makes him look old, so it's on point.

Animated Jazz - Won an eBay auction for him.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

X-Transbots Andras
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Earthrise Leader Optimus Prime: Snagged this from an Ollie's (an American discount chain). Not a figure I had any real interest in getting at regular retail price, as I have more than enough G1-style Primes, but was an instant get at $20.
Prime turned out to be better/cooler than I was expecting. The trailer is kinda cheesy in my opinion, but that's probably due to it being small in relation to the cab. Still, a very good Prime and I don't regret getting one.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Prime Optimus Prime and Bulkhead - Bought these of a mate who is the president of the TCCA while I was at his place watching Wrestlemania and playing with Haslab Unicron.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

RiD Nightcruz, Scavenger and Mirage GT: I've owned all three of these toys before in different decos, but the cheery good guy colours really give them a new lease on life. Scavenger goes from the original's pea soup green and washed out orange to a really clean-looking blue and white, and looks like an entirely different toy. Mirage GT basically flips the palate that BM Mirage used and turns the saturation way up. Nightcruz...I don't think is actually that different from Spy Streak but the one I own is Universe Fireflight, so this one is night and day as well. I wouldn't say any of them are masterpieces of their era's engineering, but all three are pretty fun. Mirage is probably my favourite, I'd forgotten how sleek the car mode is.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I just got the Deluxe class Earthrise Allicon from some dude on Facebook Marketplace. He's a fun little guy, he maybe doesn't hide everything in either mode as well as you might want but I really like posing him all hunched over like a big robo-monster. I never thought I'd get one of these and now I wish I could afford to buy an army of them.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I found the new BW Dinobot, G1 Inferno, and BBmovie Starscream Friday. They're neat. But Wednesday, I had Combiner Wars Devastator show up since Amazon has them in stock again at the original MSRP.

He's big, but underwhelming. I have the 12" bootleg version Denyer recommended so I knew what to expect, but still... I guess I expected that some of the joints (the shoulders, primarily) would have ratchets on the official, giant version and that that was simplified for the bootleg, but nope. He has the articulation to have his arms raise up and out, but the friction joints won't hold the weight of his own limbs.

And when I say underwhelming, I mean that I see plenty of neat ideas used, but that they seem undercooked. I like how the body of the combiner is split up more evenly across the bots (Mixmaster and Scrapper sort of building into Long Haul to make the legs is really neat!), but the whole idea seems like it would have benefited from another pass or two at the design stage. Also his head looks little and tiny, and I don't know why as it's relatively the same size proportionally compared to other Devastators and combiners in general. Maybe it's the shoulder width?

Scavenger and Bonecrusher seem to do the minimum of what we'd consider normal articulation nowadays (or even 2015), and the others even less than that. I do prefer Scrapper's total omission of elbows compared to the ugly mess Mixmaster and Hook have, however. Long Haul is my favorite of the bunch, though. Absolute chunk of cookie dough, he is. If the rest of them together had half his personality, all other shortcomings could be ignored.

One thing I noticed is that this set, as vehicles, actually has *less* functionality than the original G1 figures. The old Long Haul can tilt his dump bed, Mixmaster's cement barrel can spin, Scavenger's backhoe arm can rotate relative to its treads, and Hook's crane arm can actually extend and has a little articulated hook at the end. The Combiner Wars figures, while certainly sacrificing some features for the sake of the combiner mode, really seem lacking because of it. They could have at least given Hook an extending crane arm without any concessions.

But yeah... most of the faults could have been remedied by either making the figures to the par of the other Combiner Wars fare, or by simply making them smaller. There's a reason why the Beast Hunters Abominus works so well despite its simplicity... it's little enough to be cute!

Still, the constructicons are fundamentally fun enough to change back and forth and combine, so I guess they're ultimately okay as a set. They just seem less substantial than the other combiner sets that Hasbro was churning out at the time, despite the size disparity.

I also ordered POTP Predaking on the same day I ordered Devastator, but he's got to come all the way from China. The two seem to tackle the same problem in a similar way (spreading the the 'combiner' out more evenly across the individual figures), so it'll be interesting to do a compare and contrast with Devvy once he gets here.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Transform Element TE-03 Phantom
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Clay wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:28 pm Lots of Stuff about CW Devastator
I had mixed feelings with this set. It's fun and quick to Transform, and I bet I'd have loved this as a nipper, but does all feel a bit Playskool. I missed the play features of the individual vehicles too! I can see with this, and to some extent, Predaking, that Hasbro were trying to produce stuff as big and imposing as all that Third Party stuff fans are happy to splurge on, but as they have proper toy safety standards and stuff to contend with, the end result is lacking somewhat.

I found Scrapper had trouble supporting the weight causing a little bit of a slump to the right in combined mode.

I'll be interested to see what you make of Predaking. He's equally compromised, but somehow the five man menagerie carries it off. I think it helps that the originals are unrefined chunky lads, and so is the fancy modern update. The only thing I would have really liked for the Predacons is some decent individual weapons. And shoulder cannons for the combined mode that don't split in half for no real reason. Predaking is easily the most stable and sturdy of the modern gestaslts. He can stand up, doesn't wibble about and collapse under his own weight. Hooray!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Decepticon Doublecrosser, Prime Anniversary 2-pack Breakdown & Air Vehicon and Prime Anniversary Hades Megatron - Bought as a lot from the TCCA freight forwarding service.

Blackarachnia, Paleotrex, Optimus Primal - Picked up from Target.