POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Still none in Savannah...argh.Last time I asked about it, the guy was a total knucklehead and looked at me like I was crazy. "I've never heard of Arcee before" I just wanted to laugh....

I pre-ordered a Japanese one from BBTS, but I imagine it will be the shiny paint. I want the normal Animated one, but I do not want to pay $70 on eBay for it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

FortressMaximus wrote:I forgot that I had ordered these two Justitoys WST figures. It was a great surprise today! I esp. love the WST Shockwave!
Ooo, shiny. I'm not so keen on Shockers I've ever bothered to track down the original, but one that size is a possibility...

The see-thru hand and head are a little bit disappointing, but would customise.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

ROTF Bludgeon isn't bad, actually... first impressions are poor balance and meaningful articulation due to kibble, but good transformation, ace weapon storage, decent colours. Not quite as excellent as the cheerleaders and nonces would have you think, but still actually rather good.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

FortressMaximus wrote:Key word is..."NOT Yet!! Be patience...I bet she'll show up soon at your local TRU store! I thought she'd never arrive here! We are ususally the late place to recieve anything!:wave:
Patience? I am afraid it is wearing off. I don't think lone star state is USUALLY late, at least from my POV, you guys are better than my north star state. Anyway, from your picture, she really got a big head.

Got Cybertron T-Rex Megatron, my son will love it as he is so much into dinosaurs right now.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Cliffjumper wrote:ROTF Bludgeon isn't bad, actually... first impressions are poor balance and meaningful articulation due to kibble, but good transformation, ace weapon storage, decent colours. Not quite as excellent as the cheerleaders and nonces would have you think, but still actually rather good.
Yeah, I rather enjoyed the figure too, and I typically don't like ROTF stuff. But lets be real here, it is Universe Bludgeon really, now isn't it? I was fairly surprised by the amount of natural looking poses I could get him into, without looking silly. I actually don't recall any balance issues with mine though, but you may have put more effort into it than me.

My biggest issue with the figure is the amount of force that has to be applied to get the upper body to slide down onto the waist area. It may just be an isolated issue with my figure, but I had to use so much force to pull it back up, when transforming back to tank mode, that the legs just pulled right off in my hand. Granted they pop right back on, and with subsequent transformations it feels like its getting easier, it still was a lot of force initially to transform.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've only had a quick fiddle with him, so posing might get easier with practice. But yeh, agree about that waist joint - not too bad tank > robot, but the other way back, especially first time when not exactly sure what was attached to what, it was downright worrying. And yeh, total Backdoor Universe toy, a la Crankcase/Breakaway/Big Daddy/Fracture, but at the same time doesn't look out of place with ROTF stuff... It seems this slightly hybrid style will be the norm for the Transformers No Subtitle line for 2010, and Bludgeon's a positive start on that.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:I've only had a quick fiddle with him, so posing might get easier with practice. But yeh, agree about that waist joint - not too bad tank > robot, but the other way back, especially first time when not exactly sure what was attached to what, it was downright worrying. And yeh, total Backdoor Universe toy, a la Crankcase/Breakaway/Big Daddy/Fracture, but at the same time doesn't look out of place with ROTF stuff... It seems this slightly hybrid style will be the norm for the Transformers No Subtitle line for 2010, and Bludgeon's a positive start on that.
Just so you know, that little flap thing on his left hip plate? His swords store in there (there are actually two slots). I was a bit iffy about Bludgeon at first, but after figuring out that and how to put the long sword back in the turret without bending the tip (naturally the opposite way of how he's packaged), I quite like the thing.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I actually haven't bought a Transformer in over 2 months now. I'm getting the shakes.
I was sorely tempted by Brawn, and Mindwipe and Bludgeon look great, but I'm not going to pay full price. My five year old daughter advised me that Brawn will probably be there again when they're on sale. Good girl. :)
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Notabot wrote:My five year old daughter advised me that Brawn will probably be there again when they're on sale. Good girl. :)
makes me almost reverse my position on never having children. ever.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Not bought any Transformers for just over 6 months until my girlfriend bought me some ROTF Legends figures back in January. since then I've bought the following:-

ROTF Legends

Sideswipe
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Optimus Prime
Springer
Jetfire
Starscream
Megatron
The Fallen
Devestator

Classics

Voyager Optimus Prime
Voyager Jetfire

Universe/Classics 2

Legends Classic G1 Bumblebee
Voyager Blades
Voyager Blaster
Voyager Dropshot
Leader Countdown
Ultra Onslaught
Ultra Darkwind
Ultra Powerglide
Ultra Silverbolt
Deluxe Prowl
Deluxe Silverstreak
Deluxe Hound & Ravage

Henkei

Megatron
Starscream
Ironhide
Ratchet
Minibot Attack Team (Wheelie, Warpath, Cosmos)
Minibot Spy Team (Brawn, Beachcomber, Cliffjumper)
Grimlock

Still waiting delivery on Henkei Grimlock,Ironhide,Ratchet and Universe Hound & Ravage.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

@ Rookwise: Holy buying spree. Now my newest TF doesn't look as fun as your haul!

As a small graduation present from my wife, I got ROTF scout Skystalker! For a scout toy, this guy is awesome. And I really dig the matte paint job on him. Plus he's got wicked-cool hooks for weapons. :up:
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Yea I did kinda go on a spending spree lol. Most were half price in Toys r Us so everytime we went in for something for my daughter I got a few.

Henkei Grimlock finally arrived yesterday. Not bad. Dino head makes him look like some sort of robotic mutant rat than a dino. Had to tighten up every screw on the figure as they were quite loose.

Just waiting for Henkei Ratchet and Ironhide and also Universe Hound & Ravage to turn up now.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Picked ROTF NEST Alliance Brawn today. Plan to pick up Breakdown soon....

But looking at Brawn, now that I've got him in robot mode exactly as the instructions said to do, I'm wondering if they were originally thinking of making this Roadbuster. The brown, green colors, the fact that he comes with handguns, the shoulder cannon, even the head design are all screaming Roadbuster. I may get another one and some paint......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Bought Scout Class Skystalker at Walmart. Really Awesome. Can't wait to pick up Voyager Mindwipe when it's released in stores

BTW Is Deluxe Brawn worth his plastic. He seems to remind of "07" Deluxe Stockade. Opinions much obliged.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well, I like him. I think he's a pretty solid figure. He's pretty posable, although if you accidentally pop his head off, it won't go back on easy.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Power Up VT6 and Longview - Japanese versions were stupidly cheap at HLJ. Power Up VT6 is a bit poor... Longview is ace, though, almost as good as Spyshot 6. Oh, and Wreckage from the first movie line - not bad, shame about the red plastic, though.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

My girlfriend got me Universe Treadbolt from TRU yesterday. Paint apps are ok and suits the figure. Had to tighten a few screws up to sort out the loose joints and one of the backpack blaster tips were cracked. Strengthened it up with a dab of superglue.
Not a bad contrast to the Jetfire mould I already have but I do prefer Jetfire.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Power Up VT6 and Longview - Japanese versions were stupidly cheap at HLJ. Power Up VT6 is a bit poor... Longview is ace, though, almost as good as Spyshot 6. Oh, and Wreckage from the first movie line - not bad, shame about the red plastic, though.
What's wrong with the red? I think the red/white combination makes it pretty striking, and it stands out from most other transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, it just doesn't sit well with the quasi-realism of the line... It's like the designers thought they were working on Cybertron or something and had best jazz it up for the six year olds.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Cliffjumper wrote:I dunno, it just doesn't sit well with the quasi-realism of the line... It's like the designers thought they were working on Cybertron or something and had best jazz it up for the six year olds.
I like the fact you see none of it in alt mode, it adds to the feeling of robots-in-disguise-ness*.

*shakespeare weeps at my hyphen-abuse, i know