Alternity Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron in two colors and Masterpiece Grimlock

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

With the exception of the miki mouse listings, that two page sheet just cost me around 250-350 USD. Can't really tell if Cheetor and Hound are coloured in their henkei schemes or not, Dinobot surely looks different.

And oh boy, Grimlock looks perfect. Could try to get greedy and order 2...wow, just wow. Colour me impressed.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

On page 2 of that sheet, what was the car near the bottom on the right hand side? It looked like it had a mini-copter bot with it?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Masterpiece grimlock? WTF?

It makes sense.

But WAITER MODE???

Suddenly all the energon weapon, Kreemzeek, Dr Arkeville and Ultra Magnus nonsense doesn't seem so bad anymore...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

ganon578 wrote:On page 2 of that sheet, what was the car near the bottom on the right hand side? It looked like it had a mini-copter bot with it?
Universe Hot Shot.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I hope to see Hot Shot in colors eventually.

I like Big Grim. :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That is a pretty determined attempt to sabotage the thing, isn't it? "Let's put in tie-in gimmicks to the two most painful episodes we possibly can...".

It does look good - though size and complexity are two big concerns. It needn't be any bigger than an Alternator (though, as TakaraTomy seem intenton reminding us all of the kids' shown, it being an inch or so taller than Convoy wouldn't surprise me) or much more complicated than a Universe figure (though I suspect you have to turn his feet in three complete anti-clockwise circles and will probably never be able to get it back into T-Rex mode with all the panels flush again... the arms will probably pop off a bit as well). But no, we'll have to have some 12" dick substitute, won't we?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

That's why. Too big and it's out of scale with everybody. Just look at Ultimate Bumblebee.:p
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

RID Scourge wrote:I hope to see Hot Shot in colors eventually.
Sorry. HasTak rang - they're releasing it exactly as per the picture. Grey is the new black.

Gods, you can see them doing that, can't you? "Limited Edition Call of the Primitives post-Tornitron Version". Good grief.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Grimlock is... lacking? One would hope that, given the size this thing will supposedly be at the suggested price, that they would take the opportunity to make the dinosaur mode articulate (tail and all). Doesn't seem to be the case from the thumbnail picture, though.

On the bright side, they're making up for it with the waiter mode... :eyebrow:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Halfshell wrote:Universe Hot Shot.
Thanks! Is Hot Shot part of the Classics series? Or is he part of another series like the K-Mart Mini-Cons being part of the Armada series, and the Springer/Ratbat 2-pack being from the War Within series?
Jeramotion
Protoform

Post by Jeramotion »

"Hello tiny human, Me Grimlock be waiter this evening." "Can Me Grimlock get tiny human drink to start while look at menu?"

And just what tip do you leave for an enourmous metal dinosaur waiter?

::shutters at the thought::
glazios

Post by glazios »

Was hoping for a T-Rex accurate mold, perhaps something along the lines of the IDWverse version, but still decently-Grimlock-looking.

Alas, mine hopes are dashed.

I don't think I'd be getting this, even if by some minor miracle I found my self with the money for it. The Robot mode looks ok(ish), but I wouldn't touch that Alt. Mode... not even with a bargepole.

Shame too, I was excited about this Masterpiece...
Clay

Post by Clay »

ganon578 wrote:Thanks! Is Hot Shot part of the Classics series? Or is he part of another series like the K-Mart Mini-Cons being part of the Armada series, and the Springer/Ratbat 2-pack being from the War Within series?
Those are all under the "Universe" banner, as Hotshot will also be. :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

glazios wrote:Was hoping for a T-Rex accurate mold, perhaps something along the lines of the IDWverse version, but still decently-Grimlock-looking.

Alas, mine hopes are dashed.
Yeah, the t-rex dragging its tail is a killer. Would like to see bigger pictures in more variety before I finally decide on whether it's awful or not, but from the one photo so far it doesn't really seem all that superior to the Animated toy. It even gets the dinosaur posture correct. :|
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, it's meant to be G1 Grimlock, isn't it? If it looks like he did, or thereabouts, it's fine by me. Aside from the maybe-too-boxy shoulders, this loks pretty good to me. My main reservations are whether it'll be too large (almost certainly) and Takara's Heath Robinson approach to engineering.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Please discuss the Henkeis in their own thread, thank you. :)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Clay wrote:Those are all under the "Universe" banner, as Hotshot will also be. :)
Right, I got that part, but I thought too that on the sides of the Universe packaging they're also listed as part of a series, like in the case of:

Cyclonus - Generation 1 Series

and Cheetor - Beast Wars Series

and Sideswipe - Classic Series

Where the series is listed on the right hand side just above the bubble. So I didn't know what series Hot Shot was from... :D
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Hot Shot will most certainly be "Armada Series".
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

How will the waiter mode work then? Flip out bow tie? Or is it a fancy way of saying he comes with a couple of bits of cloth?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Going by the images, it's a fancy way of saying he comes with a plastic "tray and glasses" accessory.