Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Cliffjumper wrote:Leaders are the only thing from the line to be consistently reduced over here
Interesting. I actually had the hardest time finding Jetfire in this set. And if memory serves, Brawl was hard to find last time, too.

I am excited for Leader-Starscream. But like others have mentioned, Blackout would be cool, too. It was just such a cool design, and he was a bad ass in the first movie. A Leader-Bonecrusher would have been cool, too. But heck, I'd settle for Voyager of him, too. (not to mention Scrapper)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

This is all starting to become one big BumbleBee overkill!!!

The situation here's the same as with Cliffjumpers, except from two things:

They are bloody expensive here compared to the US, thank the Euro for that one... so nobody's able to buy them

Secondof all, at your places, the toys get at least replenished by a new wave, something that won't happen here, because they aren't even able to sell the first wave... There are also very little TF-fans around here. I live in a city with 48.000 residents and I'm probably the biggest buyer, and only, of those things....
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Brimstone wrote:Interesting. I actually had the hardest time finding Jetfire in this set. And if memory serves, Brawl was hard to find last time, too.
Jetfire is the hardest to find of the three over here - I think simply because Prime and Megatron were already clogging the shelves, so the assortment/class wasn't reordered by many.
I am excited for Leader-Starscream. But like others have mentioned, Blackout would be cool, too. It was just such a cool design, and he was a bad ass in the first movie. A Leader-Bonecrusher would have been cool, too. But heck, I'd settle for Voyager of him, too. (not to mention Scrapper)
Hell yeh, I could go for pretty much all of that. Blackout had a fabulous CG model, and the toy we did get wasn't bad - it just needed to be twice the size. I think our best hope might be that the CG model is dusted down again and given a larger role as someone similar-looking in the third one.

With Bonecrusher it's frustrating that they blew the budget for a new Voyager figure on a piece of crap like Stratosphere who wasn't in the film, and never will be either (though that said I'd have loved to see the Springer model getting a bigger figure - maybe he'll be in the third one?)...

The same goes for Breakaway, Dirge and Blazemaster getting the nod over Scrapper... I'd have prefered Voyager, but I'd have taken a Deluxe or indeed anything other than the Kinder Egg piece of crap he ended up with.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The leader figures are now back up to full price at work, possibly for the first time as I couldn't get my head round them being forty bloody quid.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

inflatable dalek wrote:The leader figures are now back up to full price at work, possibly for the first time as I couldn't get my head round them being forty bloody quid.
Around here the Leaders are perpetually on sale at some place for about $35. Now, if only Walmart or Target would have a fire sale on Demolishers. I'm getting sick of seeing him clogging up isles and inventory systems. Seems EVERY store but the Toys R Us has about a zillion of him floating around and disrupting shipping of new assortments.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Around my area in Target, Walmart, and TRU, voyager seems like the best seller since there is always very few of them left in the store. Most of the stores right now are either half shelf empty but packed with deluxe or full with animated, universe, useless kids laptops and masks. So far I see no signs of any NEST figures. I want my Bludgeon!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Paul053 wrote:Around my area in Target, Walmart, and TRU, voyager seems like the best seller since there is always very few of them left in the store. Most of the stores right now are either half shelf empty but packed with deluxe or full with animated, universe, useless kids laptops and masks. So far I see no signs of any NEST figures. I want my Bludgeon!
I've got Bludgeon and Dirge so far out of the new NEST stuff. The local Super Target has the Deluxes in randomly. They only put them out because they ran out of the older stuff and needed to fill the pegs right after Christmas. They had intended to hold them until they had all the NEST stuff in and the new layouts got put out, so I got lucky there.

The Super Walmart nearest to me (one of two in the general area) got the Voyager NEST first wave in and put it out to fill up the endcap they've got stacked high.

Now, to wait for the new Scout Class toys...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

There's been a few scattered sightings, here's the pictorial proof: Wave 2 of the Robot Heroes Battle Scenes is out, although it appears that distribution is sketchy for these ones.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... il-168982/

Redeco of Voyager Long Haul, supposedly as one of the drones from the ROTF video game:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ay-168994/

And it appears that Human Alliance Barricade is out at US retail.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... il-169009/
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Yeah I saw that HA Barricade last night at Wal*Mart. I didn't realize it was that new though.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

If those weren't 30 bucks, I'd probably have one...

But Barricade is at least worth it.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Bunch of new toys in packaging at BWTF:
http://bwtf.com/node/1304
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yikes, contrary to my earlier enthusiasm Divebomb really doesn't look good, bootleg-esque, in fact. Are the rest of those Cybertron recolours, or just such terrible moulds they look like Cybertron recolours?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Ratchet, Lockdown, Scattorshot and Skystalker are new molds, and Recon Ravage is a mail order exclusive redeco of ROTF Ravage.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I'm actually kind of excited about Skystalker, but then I've got a thing for drones or drone-like Transformers. After having taken a better look at Divebomb...yea...no. He looks kinda cool as a plane (the Red Baron reference is win) but over all I'm not as impressed now as I was initially. I didn't pick up Ransack because Divebomb was on the way (I try to avoid recolors of molds I already have, unless the character/mold is badass or it's part of a set) but I might change my tune and go get Ransack because he looks better over all.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Battlefield Bumblebee/Soundwave two-pack is out.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... e-tru.html
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Saw the link for pics of the new "leader" Bumblebee at Unicron.com. Battle Ops Bumblebee. :wtf:
http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=3870
Note the non ROTF packaging.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

burnitall wrote:Saw the link for pics of the new "leader" Bumblebee at Unicron.com. Battle Ops Bumblebee. :wtf:
You are kidding right, are you? Are you? Please tell me it's not true.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

I found Human Alliance Barricade at one of my local walmarts last night. Sweet a$$ figure.
Preda

Post by Preda »

burnitall wrote:Saw the link for pics of the new "leader" Bumblebee at Unicron.com. Battle Ops Bumblebee. :wtf:
Note the non ROTF packaging.
Just saw it on the packaging... since when are there 6 levels of difficulty regarding the transformation? 0 to 5? I just remember 4...

Figure looks weird, another one for kids I guess...