Am I the only one who dislikes Animated Jetstorm and Jetfire

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Sorry, Ack. Thanks for the photos but I'm still not feeling any good vibes off of them. The combined mode looks a lot like Kikaider but I'm not tempted to get them at all.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

If you don't like the arms all spread out, they CAN be rearranged into a G1 Jetfire backpack-style configuration.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Civ wrote:Sorry, Ack. Thanks for the photos but I'm still not feeling any good vibes off of them. The combined mode looks a lot like Kikaider but I'm not tempted to get them at all.
Eh, can't please everyone :swirly:

I did come to two realizations last night when taking those photos though. I like their individual bot modes exponentially better than the combined Safeguard, and there is really no way at all to make the combined vehicle mode look cool without using your imagination and spinning them as though they fly in a spiral sort of pattern :lol:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Hell, I'm probably going to skip these. I want it, but I need a new lappy more then anything at this point, and I just blew~$100 on Revoltechs.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

[Quote=Treadshot A1]

I personally think the only thing good about these two are their individual plane modes.

[/quote]

I had the opposite reaction. I thought their robot modes looked pretty good, and Safeguard look gorilla-esque, but neat (maybe I'm just a sucker for combiners). The plane modes looked less than impressive to me, and the "super jet mode" seems unnecessary.

Anyway, Akula, you're pics sealed the deal. That's the first time I've seen them in any sort of action pose(s). I've now picked them up, and pretty much confirmed my first impression (I haven't tried out Safeguard yet. Figuring out his transformation looks like it's going to take awhile. :)).

And, secretcode, don't say I never got you anything.

Fusion!
Attachments
fusion.jpg
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Saw them in person at the store the other day. They do nothing for me . . . :\
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

After playing with them for a while, I still don't like their alt modes. BUT since the rear of the plane (which is the main problem) converts to the robots' legs, they are super posable and can be arranged in a lot of different configurations.

Like so and so (1)

Still not great, but better, IMO. And, anyway, a plane with hands is amusing. :lol:

And because I'm bored:

2) Jetfire's Worst Nightmare
3) Jetstorm Chills Out
Attachments
displayandfun005.jpg
displayandfun004.jpg
altaltmodes001.jpg
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

OMG! that first pic is so awesome. I might just use this as a y-wing crossover. :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I've warmed up to these guys some after looking at all these pics. They're priced as a voyager, right? I might pick em up. I would display them separately, I like that way better.
LOL @ the fu-sion HAA! pic:lol:

*I did end up getting them. Seeing them in person did the trick, plus there were no uni. Inferno's or ani. Shockwaves that I was hunting for. $21.96, not much more than a voyager, unless the price went up for them, too.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I saw this at the store the other day and thought the vehicle mode was nice, good looking jets, but both robot and combined mode looked a bit offset. The colors should have complemented each other, and maybe if they had stayed with a Jetfire/Jetstorm color theme, I see something in the toys. The gestalt mode reminds me of a failed Joker bot mode. The individual bot modes are not as bad, but I am still not impressed.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

They look okay, but I'd have to see them in person first.

In fact, I haven't seen them in any store at all. One of my friends owns them, and she said that they were the only ones she has seen.
Huh...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I figured I'd copy and paste my post from the Animated Toys thread:

Got Safeguard today. Bots are pretty nice looking in robot mode. I'd give the edge to Jetfire because of the Pilot goggles. Jet modes are fairly basic but they're still pretty cool. The combined jet mode is the lamest part of the set. I guess there weren't really that many other options they could have gone with, but it would have been nice if they tried to go for more of a G1 Dreadwing combination. Safeguard works surprisingly well in robot mode. Would be nice if he (they) had some weapons. He's also fairly back-heavy.

Also of note, in Canada these guys were priced the same as Ultras. I didn't see the price tag before taking them to the counter, and almost put them back when the cashier rang them through. Decided to give them a try, and although I do like them, they should not be priced any more than a Voyager in my opinion.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Blitzwing wrote:Also of note, in Canada these guys were priced the same as Ultras. I didn't see the price tag before taking them to the counter, and almost put them back when the cashier rang them through. Decided to give them a try, and although I do like them, they should not be priced any more than a Voyager in my opinion.
I'm afraid I have to disprove that statement. They were priced the same as Voyagers in the Wal-Mart I bought them in.:|

Individual jet modes are good, individual robots are great, Safeguard is great, and the super jet mode is only good for storage.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

So my wife offered to buy me a Transformer and I opted for these two. ( It was get the one Smokescreen or them)

So I have yet to actually play with them, but I read the comic. The story and writing was ok but the art was worse than Megatron: Origins.

Also the pack in comic was all mangled. Geeze.
Come on and wind me up.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I picked these guys up finally. Twice. In the first pack, Jetstorm's shoulder had the pin inserted at an angle that came out through the plastic and made it twist strangely. I took it back to Target, who didn't have any more. Toys R Us, however, had several in stock. (It's sad, isn't it, that TRU is now the cheapest place to get Transformers? Who would have ever predicted that?)
Anyway, I like them quite a bit. The vehicles are pretty awful, but they're great little robots and I really like the combined Safeguard robot. I thought the comic dialogue was pretty awful (please don't let them keep calling each other "brother" in the show), but kind of a fun little story.
All in all, I like them, and I really like that it's a fairly original twist on the combiner.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got them, and I love them.

Hint: Pose the legs BEFORE you join them together.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I have had some time with them now and I still don't like them very much. They are a bit floppy, the transformation to Jet mode is fiddly and the Combined mode is a mixed bag.

The individual robot modes are ok, nothing to write home about.

I like the head sculpts.
Come on and wind me up.