"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

A few arrivals today.

Legends/EZ Wheelie - pretty much exactly what I wanted. Small, zippy, fairly accurate, looks good next to most of my other figures.

Voyager The Fallen - looks pretty good in robot mode, taller than I expected. Not even tried to transform him yet, not all that sure I'm going to bother beyond curiosity.

1st film Scorponok - barely a Transformer, but again does what I want it to do, and at least the lame robot mode doesn't bugger up the scorpion mode. Love the rotating claws

1st film Swindle - not bad, actually, especially if you do the sensible thing and just accept it as a drone. Very weird looking, but good fodder.

1st film Premium blackout - very nice looking, though I'm completely unable to work out whether he's actually more film accurate as I can't seem to tell what colour Blackout actually is in the film. Normal one is probably getting relegated to Grindor, though.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I'm pretty certain Blackout wasn't as dark a blue in the movie as his Premium toy. The rotor's colors may be more accurate on the Premium than the original, and of course the 4500X on the tail. The Scorponok is definitely more accurate on the Premium. Maybe do some part-swapping if it helps...*shrugs*

It's ironic how some, if not most, of the Premium versions manage to **** up the vehicle mode deco just to make it look different than the original...:|

But, what do I know?
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, the Premium seems a bit too influenced by everyone equating Blackout with Soundwave. He looks better in the darker colours IMO - what we really need is a flatter, greyer one, neither of the decos are quite there in terms of accuracy. Good thing I quite like the mould (despite its' shortness).

Having transformed The Fallen, he's actually kinda awesome. I can see why he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's nice and flexible and displays well with other toys. I can buy the alt mode to be honest - similar sort of thing to Megatron's from the first film. Those feet are cool too.

Also had Ransack turn up in the past hour, having accidentally been delivered next door. Fair play to all those who hyped him, he's a great little figure - different and charming without being stupid. Great alt mode, very fitting robot mode - he looks very old and old-fashioned. He'd have looked superb on-screen.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Bludgeon is as glorious as he seems.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Got Ravage and Dart (who was basically free - job lot win for less than Ravage's RRP FTW). Not transformed Ravage, but he's actually pretty good in cat mode (i.e. the one mode anyone gives a shit about). Dart's pretty lousy, being a Scout - clashing colours, buts that fall off, the half-wheels. Rubbish!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Got ROTF Leader Megatron... he's not bad, actually. Gambled on a cheapo one off ebay missing the missile on the grounds that all the projectiles for my ROTF toys are in a tub unused because they don't look good on the toys, and glad I did. Like the first Megatron, he's not bad, but I'm glad I didn't stump up the RRP. Love the soundchip, and the way his arm just falls off.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Got Ravage and Dart (who was basically free - job lot win for less than Ravage's RRP FTW). Not transformed Ravage, but he's actually pretty good in cat mode (i.e. the one mode anyone gives a shit about). Dart's pretty lousy, being a Scout - clashing colours, buts that fall off, the half-wheels. Rubbish!
Dart?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sorry, Reverb. Colour scheme is lifted straight from this chap - who amazingly is only a slightly worse toy considering he's about 20 years older. Both, however, are crap and should be avoided.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

my infiltration soundwave just got crushed by a heavy book by accident complete with comedy pose. hes ok though.

also i ve just been playing with my 'target exclusive' fallen hes pretty cool ive been flying him around the room.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Well..that is kind of funny. The Soundwave toy was the first ROTF toy I bought. Really the worst ROTF toy I own. Well, hrm..let me think, yeap, he is rather dysfunctional. I wish he had more of role in the movie than the Stalkertron....

Anyway (notice how I like to add tron to most words to make it a robot, then lead into anyway...)

There are quite a few ROTF toys that I like including Bumblebee (HA) and Barricade (HA) as well as Prime and Devy (chibi sized) but for all the trash people talk about the large version, I still likes it.