What is your favorite Optimus Prime toy?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Summerhayes wrote:STOP THE PRESSES! Today i picked up the Burker King ROTF Fallen Prime. He looks like he's made more than a couple trips to burger king himself. And he has no articulation. And a few bits of jetfire that stick to him innapropriately and make it look like he's attending a masked ball.
Surely the best transformers figure ever constructed?
...still better than BK's Optimus toy from the first movie. That thing was just...WTF?

I recently got the BK Devastator and was a bit surprised by how BIG it is. Also, pretty decently put together considering it is a "happy meal" toy. The little construction vehicles even had individual Decepticon icons molded on! :derailed: <----me!

As cliche as it sounds, 25th Anniversary.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yeah. I am really digging the ROTF since I saw it yesterday. Never been a big fan of the last movie toys, but there are a few movie toys this go around that are starting to appeal to me.

I think I am going to pick up leader class Optimus Prime now, where I had been hesitating before.

I don't have the classics Optimus, but I think it would be wicked cool to pick up the Ultra Magnus.

At least Ultra Magnus is not always just a repaint of Prime. I bet next movie we get to see Megs transform into Galvatron, and Magnus come somewhere into the program.

I seriously doubt that they would do the whole Rodimus taking over leadership now. They downplay Rodimus Prime so much and play off the Rodimus character nowadays.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Laser Optimus Prime. He is going to be one of the few that aren't going into the storage bin coming up.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Given how many versions of Prime I have purchased over the years, the one that keeps making me think "yeah, that's a ****in cool truck" is the Leader Nightwatch Prime from the first movie. Bayformers were pretty damn cool in their re-design, and I thought the toys reflected that as well. Also, because we are so used to seeing Prime in his red/blue color scheme, the Nightwatch paint job is such a win for individuality.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Either the G1 Optimus Prime as he was the first one I got, I think, at Christmas no less, the Master Piece Ultra Magnus repaint who I like to refer to as either TROOP (The Return Of Optimus Prime) or TRO Optimus Prime or the Laser Optimus Prime that was colored black and used for Scourge in RID.
Destruction is my specialty