Dudes...HLJ has free shipping!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Dudes...HLJ has free shipping!

Post by Knightdramon »

Using paypal to checkout on hlj from now 'till September 28th will net you free shipping.

The entire process is better described on their frontpage, but this is the damn time to get those SOCs, Henkeis\Masterpieces, Macross, Gundam Perfect Grades, Jumbo grades and all the other crap you want but shipping would cost a fortune.

..........this begs the question though-is HLJ really that massive\colossal to be able to afford this, or are they suffering so much from the economic depression?

Personally, I'm buying my ass off for all the aforementioned items.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Thanks for the heads up.
Just ordered me an Encore Thundercracker/Skywarp set which was half price in their sale(worked out at £20 shipped) so I'll be able to sell my Commemorative Series ones for more than I paid for these and have non Safety missiles and launchers.:swirly:

Was just thinking about what you said on the shipping and they must be making a loss on this transaction.
They must be selling the 2-pack for not much more than cost and then they are shelling out for the shipping which is nearly the same price as the item so it makes you wonder.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Thanks! :up:

Clearanced Master Grade G-Fighter+free shipping=yes, please!:D
Steam: Hot Shot
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

So for you guys, how did it work out? Did you get charged for the items+ shipping and then refunded the shipping as they say?

I'm seriously going to order a BUTTLOAD of macross stuff, but the items are expensive and shipping starts at 3000-5000 yen, which I HAVE to have refunded for future purchases.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Dont know yet it says on the site they wont do anything til the offer ends on the 28th when they will bill and ship for all items ordered between now and then.(hopefully giving me time to sell my SW and TC on Sunday and get the funds in time to pay for my Encores)
Its not like they are a startup or fly by night operation as they seem to have a good rep from various members on numerous TF boards so I think we are safe!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I did go ahead and purchased some things [robot damashii figures and strike\super packs for my valkyries], so I'm waiting as well.

Definitely did not go for the big stuff I wanted, as I don't have that much cash available and it seems like you do have to pay for shipping before it gets refunded...
Sades

Post by Sades »

Awesome... I wonder if Canada counts? *off to investigate*
diaclone
Protoform

Post by diaclone »

Am I imagining things or did they raise prices on heavy items?
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Knightdramon wrote:Definitely did not go for the big stuff I wanted, as I don't have that much cash available and it seems like you do have to pay for shipping before it gets refunded...
I didn't go through with my order for the same reason. Should've looked into the shipping rates before I got my hopes up, I suppose.
Steam: Hot Shot
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Shipping rates have changed since most of those items were first released.

Only things I did not order that I did want were the SV-51 Nora version and backordered items from SOC and Macross frontier. Not really in the mood to risk paying shipping for 25.000+ yen of merchandise that got restocked on the 29th, :lol:
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

So I just got my invoice from HLJ and its all good.
They only charged me for the item-no shipping then refund nonsense-and at the currency rates I got them for £21.68 delivered.
I sold my Commerative Reissue SW and TC for £24.98 yesterday so Im up on the deal and get the better versions into the bargain.
So y'all should have filled your carts!!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Damn manipulative bastards...I received the invoice and was charged for the items only, not shipping.

Had I know that their shipping then refund policy was BS, I would have bought a much different selection of items. :down: