How do you guys/gals handle, store, display your collection?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
moonbaseone
Protoform

How do you guys/gals handle, store, display your collection?

Post by moonbaseone »

Hey all. LONG TIME no see.

Anyways, was just wondering, how do you all handle, store, and/or display your collection? I am doing some house cleaning this week and gettig rid of alot of crap, but also, I found a lot of TF's toys, etc... That I had laying around in tupperware containers, etc... in the back of the closet. All are in good/mint condition and i gigure, I might as well put them in a proper place. I have a couple laying out but a lot were put in siplock bags, seran wrap, and other containers and put away.

So, what do you guys do?

Also, I am real a big fan of G1, though I do pick up a couple of other Gen toys once in awhile.
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Autobot cars get to go on The Shelves, movie stuff on the windowsill (or the floor, if I'm playing). Other bits (about a dozen or so figures now) in a box. Somewhere.

Long time no see. I see your site is still about as complete as the BBC Archives...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

For a long time I used my two tables to display my collection [at the time, no more than 8-10 binaltech cars], but slowly updated to bookcases and closet shelves.

At the moment, I have one double bookcase and a single one next to each other [15 shelves all in all, bottom ones are used for boxes though] that make up the majority of the display space, one narrow bookcase between two closets that features few toys and a spare bookcase that I store other things.

I have about 41 figures out, and around 50 in storage. Most mainline figures get stored loose in a box and taken out whenever I change displays, japanese releases get stored in a closet\attic storage space boxed and there's a few select figures that never leave the display at all.

My advice though, is to concentrate on a select few items rather than go for entire collections. Most of the G1\BW\RID etc collections I see are made up of cluttered shelves with unposed figures that look like static dolls.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Knightdramon wrote: Most of the G1\BW\RID etc collections I see are made up of cluttered shelves with unposed figures that look like static dolls.
Well isn't that what they are?

As for me, I've got some bookshelves that have toys on them. For anything expensive or that has lots of paint, I keep the box to store it in. Anything else that's more durable just gets put into a big plastic bin.
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

Cliffjumper wrote:Autobot cars get to go on The Shelves, movie stuff on the windowsill (or the floor, if I'm playing). Other bits (about a dozen or so figures now) in a box. Somewhere.

Long time no see. I see your site is still about as complete as the BBC Archives...
Cool. I really need to get going on taking them out of the boxes and showing them off. Though, my neices and nephew found my collection of G1 cassettes once and started playing with them. I need to put a DONOT TOUCH sign up when I put them on the shelf. LOL

And, BBC Archives? Is that good or bad thing? I honestly never heard of it. LOL. Even though I just recently started watch more BBC tv through Netflix.
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

Knightdramon wrote:For a long time I used my two tables to display my collection [at the time, no more than 8-10 binaltech cars], but slowly updated to bookcases and closet shelves.

At the moment, I have one double bookcase and a single one next to each other [15 shelves all in all, bottom ones are used for boxes though] that make up the majority of the display space, one narrow bookcase between two closets that features few toys and a spare bookcase that I store other things.

I have about 41 figures out, and around 50 in storage. Most mainline figures get stored loose in a box and taken out whenever I change displays, japanese releases get stored in a closet\attic storage space boxed and there's a few select figures that never leave the display at all.

My advice though, is to concentrate on a select few items rather than go for entire collections. Most of the G1\BW\RID etc collections I see are made up of cluttered shelves with unposed figures that look like static dolls.
Thanks. I have decide that i will mostly concentrate on G1, which is what i grew up watching and still checkout once in awhile. I will just mke a seperate shelf or whatever for my non-G1 and non-Transformers related stuff. I need to find a place for my Batman Animated Series batwing jet. I LOVE that thing. LOL
"Till All Are ONE"

By - Moonbaseone
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I had plans to expand to a bookshelf that was going to be thrown out at work but just needed some tlc so I dissmantled it ready to take home the next day but one of the care takers beat me to it, darn!

So instead I display on top of my wardrobe, windowsil or top of chest of drawers. I don't usually keep a lot out because I have a small room so those on display are usually in flux and sometimes all of them are put away if I've had a tidy up or a girl is round. The bulk of my collection is split between a drawer under my bed for smaller figs and a section of wardrobe for bulkier ones with a few in the loft.
Had a a clearout of boxes a while ago so they're in the loft and I have more space in my wardrobe.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

All of my TF's are displayed on a bookshelf (3 shelves of it to be exact) so I probably have less of a collection than a lot of people on here. With the exception of a few movie figs, I have all Classics/Universe TF's so it's easy for me to display my entire collection which is around 80-ish bots right now. When my wife and I actually have a house, I'll buy a better shelf than the dark brown bookshelf from 1982 that I have right now...
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

All my G1's are in a 8 by 4 foot closet. All are in boxes and no need to dust.
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

I dont have any room to display mine at the moment so they are in the cupboard under the stairs. All my boxed stuff is stacked, my older more delicate boxed stuff is packed in larger boxes. My loose ones are individually bubble wrapped and packed in boxes, my damaged and spare ones are in a bag, and my loose accessories are inside quality street tins lol.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The stuff in my room is in a bit of a mess as I'm currently deciding on layout, but the living room actually looks pretty niffty at the moment as I'm using my newish bookcases as display areas as well as book/DVD storage.
moonbaseone wrote: And, BBC Archives? Is that good or bad thing? I honestly never heard of it. LOL. Even though I just recently started watch more BBC tv through Netflix.
The BBC Archives are like the Mona Lisa of TV station archive centres. Full of beauty but missing the eyebrows.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I have all my little ones on a little shelf, my masterpieces on the windowsill and the rest on a big shelf, autobots on one side and decepticons on the other like they're about to go to war
i've kept a few boxes, in the attic, but i haven't kept any in boxes
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Some scout class and legend class are on my desk and file cabinet in my office cube. Anything bigger than and includes deluxe class are at home on a book case. Anything on the lower side are eligible for my son to play. Anything upper that my son cannot reach has to get my permission for him to touch them. Usually they are either more expensive or hard to find figures or has parts that are easily popping out or falling off. I recently just sold four, thinking about selling two more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My TF collection and review site
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I keep most of mine on 4 sets of 2 shelves, each about 2 feet wide, on the walls. They've become pretty crowded this year, and I'm running out of room. I've had to put a dozen or more of the ones I like the least away in a box in my closet. I'm going to have to do that again, and reconfigure the whole mess. I'll clean off the layer of dust while I'm at it.:|
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

I've got 14 displayed on 2 shelves either side of the TV at the moment. Decepticons are at the front with the Autobots behind them on higher ground. Jetfire and Ultra Magnus are on their own shelf due to size.
I've kept all the boxes and stored them somewhere.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Most of the toys invade my bookshelf and my table. Big toys like Bruticus Maximus (CLA 2.0) or Metroplex (CYB) stand guard on the large empty space above my bookshelf, as well as assorted Autobots and Decepticons that can stand without falling. More fragile, expensive or downright badass toys like Alternity Convoy, MP Megatron, the Encore toys and some kickass Classics toys proudly stand in a display case, in front of a Gundam and some old Zoids toys. Legends Class figures, Minicons and Cassettes manage to sneak and play around the Zoids and the larger figures. How Brimstone (Minicon) managed to get on top of Metroplex's axe, I can't imagine. I left them that way, though... it looks funny.

Right now on my table, I have all ROTF toys. Dune Runner, the Fallen, Demolishor, as well as the Encore Cassettes I'm reviewing.

I pack most of the toys I'm not interested at the moment into Voyager/ultra boxes that I save (the toys must be placed LOOSELY, mind) and stash them into my little brother's room, where they'll get some love.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Blackjack wrote:I pack most of the toys I'm not interested at the moment into Voyager/ultra boxes that I save (the toys must be placed LOOSELY, mind) and stash them into my little brother's room, where they'll get some love.
Ah, I used to take that approach but my brother's considerably younger than me (I write for a newspaper, he's not at secondary school) so he never treated them with respect. Hell, he used to swap and change between various combiners. SWAP! Devestator with Aerialbots for arms . . . madness!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

All my Classics/Univese/G1/G2/Cybertron are on a large black bookshelf.
My Animated is on a old chest. I have my RiD and Armada figures on a small white bookshelf where I also keep my DVD's and games. And my movie/RotF figures sit on a L-shaped shelf I build in the corner of my room above my bed.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I was pretty sure I'd replied to this.

Mine are mostly in bins. I've no shelf space and what we do have I've let/am going to let the BF take over, he has far more collectibles/other stuff than I do. I might claim a shelf, however... I'd like to have my stuff out once in a bit as well.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

in about 15 boxes, in the basement, in my parents house, 200km away.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up: