Advise me. (Please)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Funnily enough, that KO (which somehow is better than the official Wheeljack) has done what getting the odd Alternator always does - briefly makes me want to collect the set... Thankfully it seems to have passed. For impulsive types like me, ebay's watching function is a real moneysaver - put everything in watching, give it a day or so, go back and delete it all. Only ended up getting a 99p Silverstreak in the end, and that can be moved on at a profit (well, should be, anyway).

I kinda like the KO Grimlock - but then I was completely forewarned having suffered the soul-crushing experience of the Mustang before, and that it was a KO Kali kindly bunged in with some other bits really helps. Plus the mould just suits Grimlock that bit more - he works better as a clumsy, lumbering oaf. Plus I do like his dayglo toothpick... Now if only you could store the gun in engine configuration while he's in robot mode...
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

IMHO the Ford GT mould is better than the Honda S2000, the Dodge Viper and the Mustang. I like it a lot. Twin hand guns ahoy! :clap:

I think the Subaru's are great toys (and I would certainly recommend getting a Silver/Bluestreak or a Smokescreen), but the overall transformation scheme is a little too similar to the excellent Mazda RX-8 to make one my theoretical second buy. The Ford GT offers a nice variation, plus Hot Rod(imus) is available at half decent prices on eBay... or are they cunning KOs?

EDIT: Nearly forgot, The Toyota Scion is well worth a look too. Skids may be a tubby little guy, but the articulation is good and the transformation is challenging. Seriously, I've had one for about 3 years now, and only recently fully got the hang of folding up the arms right. If you can, get the Binaltech version of Skids. I think the colour scheme is far, far better (plus he is a very satisfying lump of die-cast).
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Halfshell wrote:Maybe Windcharger, too. And Clay will possibly tell you that the Mustang's awesome, but if he does you must remember that he's wrong about it.
I AM NOT WRONG. IT IS LIKE A DELICATE FLOWER UNFOLDING AT THE DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING. IT IS A THING OF INTRICATE BEAUTY.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Its' knees come up to its' chin. And not in a good way.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

See?

[EDIT] DAMN YOU QUICKSILVER!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Clay wrote:I AM NOT WRONG. IT IS LIKE A DELICATE FLOWER UNFOLDING AT THE DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING. IT IS A THING OF INTRICATE BEAUTY.
Cliffjumper wrote:Its' knees come up to its' chin. And not in a good way.
I fear a late frost may have just done for that delicate first flower of Spring. :(

I am actually keeping my BT Grimlock over and above the MP version. He has a certain muscle-bound lunkish charm.
Wreck and Rule!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Smokescreen is all the Alternator/BT you will ever need.

Possibly a Dead End. But my recommendation on him comes soley from the fact that he is a Viper.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

There are many great transformers to own, either to play with or just look at. to look at shockblast is definetly one as is(in my small opinion) the energon version(and sixshot), energon galvatron, both alternator smokesceen and silverstreak- i couldnt resist getting both of them, rotf bludgeon and nightbeat(love his color) all the classics. and clocker.

to play with, i always found the cybertron toys always surpised me(in a good way cliffjumper) and i love ejector(if only he could stand)

depends on your reason for collecting really, but to be honest i like tfs too much to give advice, because i usually like most of them. people are usually too harsh on them since they are only toys.

and if you can get a complete black shadow or fort max u can make me jealous
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I was absolutely dreading packing up my Altertech toys after a few years of not having touched them but I wound up finding it surprisingly easy to get them back into vehicle mode and back into the box. I think I'd been brainwashed into believing most of them were difficult to transform by all the girly moaning on here.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I have nothing against my Alt. Wheeljack, but then again it was my last day in Reading, went into Argos and managed to pick it up for 7 pounds. That's about what's good about the mold. It's cheap enough. ;)

Grimmy, bnot so much. The sword's too puny for Grimlock, at least for Wheeljack you can pretend its sort small knirfe he uses or whatnot.

I say after the Mazda, get a Subaru (Just how many versions of Smokescreen are there? Plus Silverstreak...), and a Ford GT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote:I kinda like the KO Grimlock - but then I was completely forewarned having suffered the soul-crushing experience of the Mustang before, and that it was a KO Kali kindly bunged in with some other bits really helps. Plus the mould just suits Grimlock that bit more
Least it's ended up somewhere less bored-with/anti-Alternators than here.

This is one way to update Wheeljack, and the sort of thing to set aside as an idea for 3D printers;

http://www.transformersbay.com/forum/tr ... ljack.html