[CUSTOM] Dinobots : Merge to form...EXTINCTION!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Dinobots : Merge to form...EXTINCTION!

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Man, I think I lost about 10 years of my life with this project, but I had a lot of fun with it. Please look around for threads of the individual dinobots. Also, there are 2 heads for this custom. the first is Wheelie (I posted him several weeks ago) which TRANSFORMS into Extinction's head. I've also thrown in another head with LED lights (self-containted, and on/off switch on back of head)

bio/story credits to the very talented (and helpful) David "Fabexmax" Walton

Extinction

Following the defeats at the hands of Unicron (TF Movie) and the the Predacons (Call of the primals) The dinobots start to show signs of mutiny in the ranks of the Dinobots. Slag and Sludge question if Grimlock is truly the strongest one there is. Before a battle for a shift of power can begin with their ranks, they are interupted by one of the few Autobots all the Dinobots trust, Wheelie. He informs Grimlock that Gnaw, Wheelie's pet Sharticon went haywire destroyed a small Cybertronian fair, and commendered a shuttle and left for the Quintesson planet! In an attempt to regain control Grimlock decrees that the Dinobots will go to the Quinteson planet and retrieve Gnaw. The other dinobots are leary, but Wheelie's excited cheers about not only returning to his home planet and saving his pet/friend sway them to follow Grimlocks plan. Not being known for their piloting skills, Grimlock, Wheelie, and the Dinobots find Scattershot in the Autobot hanger and convince him to deploy them on the Quintesson planet for a recon mission. Once on the planet, they find that things are amiss. A lone Quintesson looking to reclaim the power that was usurped from them via Hot Rod, Kup, and the Dinobots has initiated Protocol: Frenzy, a program designed to reboot all the Sharticons and send them on a seek and detroy mission throughout the cosmos. Millions of them! Once on the planet, the dinobots are immediately attacked and their ship is over run and literally devoured. The Dinobots and Scattershot fight valiantly, but the sheer numbers of the Sharticons is too great and they are over run. In the midst of the battle Wheelie is searching for the spark of Gnaw, and while doing so is mortally wounded by some Sharticons forcing the heroes to retreat and regroup in Wheelies former hideaway on the planet. Defeated and with no way off the planet or to call reenforcements, their fate seems doomed. Slag says the Dinobots would crush the Sharticons with stronger leader! The fight that started on Cybertron continues in Wheelie's bunker. But in their weakened state, the battle is over shortly as Scattershot states this is madness, you are a TEAM! Scattershot states that if the other Technobots were there, they'd have a fighting chance with Computron. Then the as Grimlock surveys the bunker he sees Swoop holding the dying Wheelie, but also notices that Wheelie has scavenged parts and pieces from the left of parts of the various "residenst" of the planet. "me Grimlock say we, Dinobots ARE a team, and Dinobots shall save the day!" He looks at Scattershot. "You Scattershot will make Dinobots combine" We will be the strongest. We Will crush all those who stand in our way." "But thats... thats... INSANE" Scattershot states, thinking about the sheer destruction all of their powers combined would unleash on this planet, let alone the universe "...but what other choice do we have."Slag and Sludge have enough of following BORING Grimlock" We rather die on Shark planet befor...."Enough!!!!" Swoop says while holding the almost lifeless Wheelie. "Grimlock is dinobot, we are dinobots, he is leader, WE follow Grimlock. Friend Wheelie need our help" All the while Scattershot has surveyed and scan the items into his databanks, and scans Wheelie's body and all of the dinobots..."And help him we will Swoop"

(yes, Wheelie IS the head)

frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

This high detailed Slag was built using an original Generation 1 figure, but mixed in with a variety of parts, giving Slag nice articulation. He's now got articulation : At his shoulders (via ball joints), upper arms (swivel joints), elbows (hinge joints), hips (ball joints) knees (hinge joints) and head (ball joint) Slag was base coat painted with House of Kolors and detailed with Testors Model Masters (enamel) This version of the Dinobots, I went with a more metallic gold rather than the cartoonish yellow-gold used on the last set.

frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Sludge normally loves to get dirty in mud and tar pits, but I was fortunate to catch him after a bath. Sludge was built using an original Generation 1 figure, but mixed in with a variety of parts, giving sexy and nice articulation. I also gave him some eyeballs.

Sludge's articulation : At his shoulders (via ball joints), elbows (hinge joints), hands/wrists (hinge) hips (ball joints) knees (hinge joints) and head (peg)

Sludge was base coat painted with House of Kolors and detailed with Testors Model Masters (enamel) This version of the Dinobots, I went with a more metallic gold rather than the cartoonish yellow-gold used on the last set.

Load more pics of Sludge can be seen here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/s ... 427823450/

or on my facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/FrenzyRumble/277523541966

frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Snarl needed an overhaul. He was built off an original Generation 1 figure, but mixed in with a variety of parts, giving him improved articulation. He was super-tricky because his alt/dino mode is a little more complex than some other G1 figures.

Snarl's articulation : At his shoulders (via ball joints), elbows (hinge joints), hips (ball joints) knees (hinge joints) and head (peg)

Snarl was base coat painted with House of Kolors and detailed with Testors Model Masters (enamel) This version of the Dinobots, I went with a more metallic gold rather than the cartoonish yellow-gold used on the last set.

Full gallery can be seen here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/s ... 428179158/

or on my facebook fan page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/FrenzyRum ... 7523541966

frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Ultimate Swoop

G1 Swoop is a brick. I took an original Generation 1 figure, but mixed in with a variety of parts, giving him improved articulation.

Swoop's now got articulation at his shoulders (via hinge joints), elbows (hinge joints), his forearms extend out for bot mode, hips (ball joints) and knees (hinge joints)

Swoop was base coat painted with House of Kolors and detailed with Testors Model Masters (enamel) This version of the Dinobots, I went with a more metallic gold rather than the cartoonish yellow-gold used on the last set.

Full gallery of Swoop can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/s ... 428630968/

or on my facebook fan page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/FrenzyRum ... 966?ref=ts

frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

I took an original Generation 1 figure, but mixed in with a variety of parts, giving him improved articulation.

Grimlock's now got articulation at his shoulders (via ball joints), elbows (hinge joints), hands (hinge joint) hips (ball joints) and knees (hinge joints) I also made a 'slide' for Grimlock's head in robot mode. I've always felt it sat back too far on the top of the chest. This head also is on a peg joint. Lastly, I added some small details to his lower legs to better represent the cartoon images.

Grimlock was base coat painted with House of Kolors and detailed with Testors Model Masters (enamel) This version of the Dinobots, I went with a more metallic gold rather than the cartoonish yellow-gold used on the last set.

frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

*bio/story (and some of the creative names) credits to the very talented (and helpful) David "Fabexmax" Walton

Moon Base 55
Wheelie's Moon Base serves as not only the Dinobot command center, but in essence Wheelie's life support. Moon Base 55 houses a plethora of weapons and defenses, all at the control of Wheelie's little fingers.

Moon Base 55's full gallery can be seen here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/s ... 430377716/

The Boneyard

Built by Scattershot (of the Technobots) to aid in Wheelie's battles and his struggle to stay alive.

The Boneyard's full gallery can be seen here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/s ... 305630965/

Sabertooth and Mastodon

These 2 drones are key components of Dinobots : Extinction (gestalt)....as well as Wheelie's survival.

"Sabertooth" (ATV tank with 2 teeth type weapons up front) serves as Wheelie's offensive hand.

"Mastodon" (amphibious tank with tusk like features on it's front) serves as Wheelie's defensive hand.

their full galleries can be found here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/accardi1/s ... 429671064/
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bloody. Hell.
Lonewyrm
Protoform

Post by Lonewyrm »

Amazing.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It's a Dinobot combiner.

That not only isn't godawful, but is actually awesome.

Are you god?
Wheelceptor

Post by Wheelceptor »

Bloody, buggering hell! This is awesomesauce on fish and chips! Which is good.
~Wheelceptor.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote: Are you god?

Even Richard Dawkins would probably agree he is.

On the main forum page when I saw the heading abbreviated to "Dinobots merge to..." I was already to jump in and take the piss out of some poor mooks hideous attempt to do something nobody wants. Now I can't do this I feel somewhat lost.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Fragging awesome!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

inflatable dalek wrote: On the main forum page when I saw the heading abbreviated to "Dinobots merge to..." I was already to jump in and take the piss out of some poor mooks hideous attempt to do something nobody wants.
I as well, or at least to gawk at. Especially as I read The Beast Within recently.
Civ

Post by Civ »

That is ****ing amazing!
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

Jesus! How lond did that take to make?!
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

This is crazy incredible and nothing on earth and cybertron can compare to this. :eek:
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Pure fanwank awesomeness :up:

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

If i was a girl I'd be your groupie
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Wheelceptor

Post by Wheelceptor »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:If i was a girl I'd be your groupie
I'm not a girl and I'll still be your groupie.:p
~Wheelceptor.