Hiding in plain sight (Transformer toy sightings)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sades

Post by Sades »

How many people sniffed their Whirls today?

*raises hand*
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Springer is genuinely a strong contender for best non-MP toy of last decade. And I say that as someone who still finds the arms-as-side-bits-in-helicopter-mode annoying (and the only thing that firmly allows that ROTF Prime to still be in contention).

I also think Roadbuster is great, **** the rest of you large feet hating bastards.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have not sniffed my Whirl. Should I? I wont have an Adrian Mole style trip to hospital with a toy stuck to my face, will I?

Of these recent Generations Voyagers, I'd say Springer and Whirl are the bestest. If you see those cheap, go for them.

I also really like Douledealer. He makes a better go of the Blitzwing mould than Blitzwing does, but the shoulders are still a problem as they don't fully lock into place (still better than the rubbery nonsense Blitzy has). Sandstorm is just too clumsy as a retool from Springer, Roadbuster is ...underwhelming. He's a 'nearly, but not quite' figure for me. worth a punt for £13 if you've a passing interest in the guy though.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Just to be clear, is "sniffing your Whirl" some euphemism or a new youth thing I'm not aware of? If so, this thread went weird fast. :sweatdrop:
Wreck and Rule!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Sniffing your Whirl is a fad. I've had guests at my house today engage in that. Yes, mine definitely smells of disinfectant/alcohol.

On the topic of these figures, while good, I don't think Springer qualifies for best non-MP toy of the decade, there's other very good figures all around. He's definitely top notch though. :up:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Awww, my Whirl doesn't smell funny. I feel like I'm missing out :( (wow, that really does sound like some kind of euphemism).

Will agree with most points on Springer and Whirl, though I'm not super keen on the former's helicopter mode. Don't hate it, just feel it's the weakest of Springer's three modes. Dig the tumbler-esque vehicle mode, and the 'bot mode is slick.

I've sung enough praises for Whirl elsewhere. Gets points for being so unconventional in design. And for the pinchy claws. I love those :)

Roadbuster is... okay. Just okay. Fits in with the other two, though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Knightdramon wrote:Blitzwing is almost unanimously bad. [...] Blaster is Soundwave with an extra gun and different head :lol:
Blaster's a better use of the mould IMO. Kept a 3P one since it's more in scale with CHUG deluxes, but he's fun and has a good head sculpt.

Blitzwing... didn't like the stock head, but other than that he displays well.

Sandstorm's alright if not standing too close to Springer. Speaking of which, if anyone can't find the latter gimme a shout.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

My local B&M (Ipswich East) had one each of Sandstorm, Roadbuster and Sky Byte this evening. Still no Doubledealer. :(
Wreck and Rule!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

TRU have also picked up some of this stock. Merry Hill had a couple of Springers and Sky-Bytes out.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

HasbroToyShop.com is having a 20% off sale with free shipping. Sadly, this makes the deluxes only about the price of Walmart, but voyagers and leaders come out at a nice discount.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

And now Target has 15% off all Transformers on the Cartwheel app.