THIRD PARTY TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I saw someone extrapolate some measurements that puts him at about two foot, so about the same size as Generations Metroplex, your standard Maximus.

Supposedly target price is $350...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Funny, I thought he looked a bit bigger than that.

In any case, that's outwith my budget for an individual Transformer.

(And by the time it comes out I bet £ will be worth even less, making Transformers even more expensive...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I think it's the bulk of it makes it look bigger.

Apparently it's 55cm to the top of the head.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Okay, so a new(?) company called ACE Toys are doing a Cliffjumper and Hubcap.

https://www.facebook.com/kapowtoys.co.u ... =3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/kapowtoys.co.u ... =3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/TFsquareone/po ... 9181357154

They look... not brilliant, for me. But I dare say somebody will buy them. Available already for preorder in the usual places.

With their versions of Grimlock, Galvatron and Weirdwolf maybe about ready to ship (reviewers have had samples), it's time for FansToys to release more prototype photos of stuff we probably won't see for about three years. Specifically Hydra - their version of Sixshot.
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/11/21/fans ... dra-329017

There also seems to be information circulating that their Omega Supreme will be released in two parts - pics attached. Quite how that'll work is open to interpretation. Hopefully it just means it'll be shipped across two packages, because otherwise what's the point.
Attachments
omega4.jpg
omega3.jpg
omega2.jpg
omega1.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Planet X are apparently releasing their version of WFC Trypticon in the same manner: part A and part B.

For some vague reason I get the impression that it's being done for logistical purposes related to the figures being so large.

Also, lol @ the "Estimated release Q1 2017."
Clay

Post by Clay »

Right, so 3rd party groups are making live-action movie figures now.

Lockdown

AOE Prime

Dino

... I mean, how? Are they magic?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Clay wrote:Right, so 3rd party groups are making live-action movie figures now.

Lockdown

AOE Prime

Dino

... I mean, how? Are they magic?
I've seen the video reviews of that Lockdown, and the Transformation looks ingenious - virtually zero kible, with 99% of the car parts hidden. Even his back is clean, with a nicely-sculpted backbone-type thing going on.

I'm no fan of Age of Extinction, but I've got an order in for that Lockdown, simply because it's a great toy, rather than being a character I'm particularly fond of.
Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

[skims thread, sees absolutely no mention of the current 3P companies working on Aerialbots]

Hey guys so it looks like YET ANOTHER third party company are working on a set of Aerialbots. This time it's Fanstoys.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/11/13/fans ... ion-353519

No idea what size these are going to be. I think Zeta Toys' limb bots are about the size of MP-10, so who the **** even knows anymore. TFW's article says "in scale with Omega Supreme" but that's vague as ****.

Anyway, Silverbolt looks as gorgeous as he can for an uncoloured prototype with absolutely no frame of reference.
Clay

Post by Clay »

It really is hard to keep to track of everything nowadays, isn't it?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Some stuff.

An attempt at Transmetal 2 Megatron

Wei Jang pseudo-technobots. Seems to have alt modes in common with the technos, but everything else about it is original. No apparent partsforming for the combined mode; drill and bike make the legs, car and two-pronged spaceship make the torso, and the single-pronged spaceship splits down the middle to make symmetrical arms. Neat! No references for size, price, or release date yet, though.

Also, Fantoys' masterpiece style Arcee.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Not included there is the promo pic of Springer raping Arcee (or "Springer and Arcee having totes consensual sex because all women pull that face when orgasming right?" as some would have it). An odd choice to say the least.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

The Aerialbots look fantastic, that one of Air Raid at the top of this page especially. I've always wished they could big up the Aerialbots to give them Seeker level detail and articulation.

However, I'm a bit bothered that none of them seem to be acknowledging Slingshot. I know he was the nonce of the group. but he changed into a Harrier Jump Jet which had a very distinctive look (isn't it a British design?). Has Slingshot gone for good from every iteration, even third party?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:because all women pull that face when orgasming right?" as some would have it
Not all, but going from O face (tasteless enough) to rape with the inference seems quite a stretch -- the company probably isn't insane.

Line up fits well together but can't say I'm struck with any of the FT cartoon designs apart from maybe Kup.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Clay

Post by Clay »

Third party Transmetal 2 Megatron in color.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this pleases me.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The torso is too skinny, but otherwise that is glorious, yes...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Here's Vortex, the first of MMC's attempt at a masterpiece-styled Bruticus.

I mean, yeah... that there is pretty nice. It's obviously too early to tell much about the rest of the set, but it seems that they've traded limb swapping for dedicated arm/leg and left/right configurations for the goal of being self-contained. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Here's a rough 3D print of a triple-changing Lio Convoy that's also a tank.

None of that sounds workable when written out, but golly... it actually looks pretty good!