Movie 4 toys... it begins

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I think I like the one you linked better too, by a far greater margin. The other one is too blingy and boxy... and I do really like the ROTF/DOTM design over the new AOE one, and Voyager Battle Blades Prime is a really great figure to justify replacing that quickly.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Knightdramon wrote:Yup, two completely different figures

I think I like the one I just linked better.
See I like the back kibble and alt mode of that one WAAAY Better. But I also like the chrome on the First Edition, hate the kibble, alt mode is ok.

Tough choice... overall though the one you linked is better and since I can pay cold hard cash for it in a store and not have to break out the credit card for Amazon... The normal Leader is the one I think'll go for. I skipped the DOTM line except one of the black SUVs... which I can't find anymore. So I want to get back into collecting again. been over 4 years since I bought one full price maybe even 5 and that was from ROTF.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

YouTube reviewer "Optibotimus" (the one with the really whiny voice and a trillion jump cuts in every video) has posted a review of the FE Prime.

It's a giant shellformer!

Yeah... passing on this one, for sure.

Hopefully some of the other TF4 figures will be a bit more involved. The transformation has been simplified, but at the expense of a giant backpack and half a truck cab hanging off the back of his legs. Not good.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Yeah... Not really impressed with either so far... I would maybe be tempted by one if the chrome was consistent, but the mix with grey plastic looks pretty poor. Not enough to over-ride the shellformer aspects!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Yeah after watching reviews of the first edition... I'm passing on it.

The alt mode is awesome but it's just too cheaply made and too simple for my $60. and that backpack... NO...

Let's hope we get better figures than this from the AOE line...

From the reviews it seems like I should track down the ROTF Prime, as that's what I REALLY want out of a Leader figure.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99