OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Knightdramon wrote:I'll make a separate thread to address that, but from MP Star Saber onwards Takara has really pulled all stops when it comes to getting figures all the accessories they'll ever need, plus more.
Yeah, that little horse that came with MP Ramjet for him to headbutt was awesome.

Sorry what?

Oh. :(
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nice. Although it's probably mostly due to the fact that with all of the alternatives, they'd want to differentiate. (Quite tempted to try to give Hellfire a discreet 40K transfer in homage Phoenix King when it arrives).

It's a bit soon to be re-doing Rhinox and Rattrap, isn't it?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Yeah, that little horse that came with MP Ramjet for him to headbutt was awesome.

Sorry what?

Oh. :(
:lol: Yeah I guess Ramjet and Thrust are poor examples, but Tracks, Star Saber, Ironhide, Ratchet, Hot Rod, Shockwave, Delta Magnus, Loud Pedal [released, btw] Primal and now Inferno have got more stuff than you'd expect.
Denyer wrote:Nice. Although it's probably mostly due to the fact that with all of the alternatives, they'd want to differentiate. (Quite tempted to try to give Hellfire a discreet 40K transfer in homage Phoenix King when it arrives).

It's a bit soon to be re-doing Rhinox and Rattrap, isn't it?
Hah, Inferno will mostly be Phoenix King for me rather than Inferno. He can pull that look off and the fact that he has different chest plates will make it easy.

Don't know about Rhinox and Rattrap, they are both re-releases and repaints but Takara did not think it was too early to do MP10 5 months after the last release of MP01.

In all fairness, Rattrap is more likely than Rhinox at this point.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64511

So apparently Hasbro is doing their own MP Bumblebee release and it's already out in Canada...for $120. Because,you know, that's what you do when the $90 Bluestreaks won't sell. You release a smaller toy with a higher price tag.

:lol:
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:Because,you know, that's what you do when the $90 Bluestreaks won't sell. You release a smaller toy with a higher price tag.
I just spent a full ten seconds trying to find the "like/fav" button before realising that Facebook and Twitter have ruined me...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Warcry wrote:You release a smaller toy with a higher price tag.
And which good quality KOs of are going for about twenty quid, less than a third of the price.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'm pretty sure you could have imported the Takara version twice over and still came out ahead compared to the domestic release, too.

Considering the 15+ Bluestreaks still gathering dust at my local TRU when all the previous (reasonably priced) MP releases sold out within a day of being stocked, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I won't even see this in person. But if I did I'm sure it'd just turn into another pile of never-to-be-sold boxes, because this is ridiculous. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these two spelled the end for Hasbro's MP releases, because who the hell is going to buy this?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I love the line in that discourse "Go home hasbro, you're drunk."

$119.99 ...

... just, no hasbro. no.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Unfathomable.

I guess this is how niche the western mass release MP market is, 2 years after the original release more or less.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I think it'll sell better than Bluestreak because it's a character people have heard of, but it's still going to bomb badly.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

The fans with internet access over the past 2 years would have already got one from Japan for 1/3 or so of the price.

The fans with internet access over the past 2 years but with the thankfully disappearing "I'll wait for it to be on the local shelves" are now looking for places that still have it in stock in Japan.

The casual fan that walks in store and sees it in stock for that price will take one good look, maybe smile, and put it back and leave due to the price.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's possible for it to still sell better than Bluestreak and still sell very, very badly. A more popular character means more mugs. If nothing else I'll bet there are more "Must own every Bumblebee toy and all its variations" out there than there are for Bluestreak.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

MP pricing may be Hasbro overreacting to that one time they tried to give fans a bargain by selling Soundwave for US$120. Scalpers grabbed most of the stock and sold it on-line; fans still paid high prices. So, Hasbro figures they might as well gouge us directly. At least this way the money we spend actually goes to the people who made what we're buying.

The difference is that Hasbro's Soundwave came with 5 cassettes, which Takara sold separately. So, even with the scalping, Hasbro's was still a good deal. Now, the prices are about what Takara imports cost, plus the non-financial cost of waiting however many months.

The gouging may not be Hasbro's decision, since these are TRU exclusives, and TRU's been raising TF prices. At first, CW deluxes sold at TRU for about what they sold for elsewhere, US$15-17. Then, TRU bumped them up to US$20; now they're US$23. Everywhere else, they're still US$15-17. RiD warrior/deluxes aren't as bad, but still a couple bucks more than everywhere else.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Hadn't clocked it on the pic of accessories before, but Inferno comes with an exciting ejaculate plug-in.
Attachments
spunkferno2.jpg
spunkferno.jpg
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Looks alright, but wont be interested until its redeco'd into Artfire.

Love the squirty effect, that's ace.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Nice, but I don't know if that's 130 pounds nice on Kapow.

HLJ preorder at 85 GBP [excluding shipping].

Failing pound, failing pound.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Yeah slightly annoying as I cancelled my (£85) Backdraft order to wait for Inferno, but dems the breaks.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Knightdramon wrote:Nice, but I don't know if that's 130 pounds nice on Kapow.

HLJ preorder at 85 GBP [excluding shipping].

Failing pound, failing pound.
It's down to £109.99 at Kapow right now. TFS-Express have got an additional fiver off that.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Seibertron's got a gallery of Fortress Maximus up. Holy crap is that guy huge!

Fort Max
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I still can't fathom what in the world you'd do with a Transformer that size. Either as a collector or a kid. Most of the kids I know don't even have enough empty floor space in their bedrooms to turn the thing into base mode.

I'd love a modern Fort Max (or the inevitable Scorponok that'll surely follow) but I can't see myself spending $200+ to buy something so huge that I'll never be able to do anything with it bar standing it in a corner of my basement.