OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Well, I'm definitely on board with Starscream and Rodimus Prime. Don't know how I overlooked their announcements at SDCC 2017. Starscream has that 'robot-tacked-on-a-jet' thing going on, but hot damn! That robot mode is fantastic!!!

And... Dinobots. Going to get those too. I'm psyched they're bringing back some Combiner Wars! Not that the line was that long ago, but they're some of my favorite things over the past couple years.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Denyer wrote:Kind of cool in a Pretender-inner-robot kind of way...

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/09/02/new- ... m=facebook

https://i.imgur.com/SvKb8qe.jpg
I saw a similarly packaged Prowl at Walgreens tonight on Valley St in Manchester, NH. The box was about Voyager sized, but opaque, so I don't know how big the figure is. It transformed in 6 steps. I don't know how much it was, since it wasn't actually on display yet. An employee mentioned it to me when I was buying Quake, and sent someone to get it for me. I didn't buy it. They said they only had the police car, so it looks like they ship in solid cases.

Edit: I saw the Bumblebee at another NH Walgreens for US$9.99.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

NYCC pics:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/10/05/new- ... ime-351444

Also, apparently they managed to make Grotusque for the convention and keep it a secret: http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/10/05/tran ... ack-351299

Hopefully Grotusque sees a wider release because he's one of my favourite nobody characters. Not sure that's the mold I would have used but the robot mode is great and he looks okay as a beast too.

The small Terrorcons look awesome. Hun-grrr is what it is. They got Abominus's head wrong, so hopefully that'll be enough to keep me from wasting money to complete the team.

Windcharger is neat. Not the greatest head but that's what the guy looks like.

Evil Rodimus is hilarious.

Really not sure why they're reissuing that mediocre Shrapnel.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Well I hope everyone who always wanted a Dinobot combiner is happy. I'm still going to be laughing about that when I'm fifty.

Big fan of Windcharger's "oh yeah this lemon is really tasty, no seriously" face.

Where's Abominus' head?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Continue to be impressed with what Hasbro are knocking out -- they've picked up the late era character ball and run with it more than ever.

Also liking the "exclusive" approach of early release and more stock getting through to retail channels later.

Will be a little bit surprised if the Terrorcons keep all of those paint apps.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

So Encore is apparently making a comeback with...God Fire Convoy?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I heard that! At first I was all "what?", and then I realized that RiD/Car Robots is about as old now as G1 was when Takara first started to put out reissues.

Then I felt old.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Terrorcons look great. I think Hun-Grrr looks okay, but is easily the weakest member of the team. I like Shattered Glass Rodimus too!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote:
The small Terrorcons look awesome. Hun-grrr is what it is. They got Abominus's head wrong, so hopefully that'll be enough to keep me from wasting money to complete the team.
I take it that you prefer the purple head from the cartoon? I'm not much of a stickler for toon accuracy, but yeah, a purple head looks better.
Clay

Post by Clay »

God Fire Convoy images are out now; it's basically the Japanese TRU boxset version with the Master Sword included.

Also, because it worked so well the first time, Takara are having a stab at Star Wars vehicles turning into Star Wars characters.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Clay wrote:I take it that you prefer the purple head from the cartoon? I'm not much of a stickler for toon accuracy, but yeah, a purple head looks better.
It's not that, it's that it looks like his antennas are missing. Though in retrospect, maybe they flip out like Superion's?

As far as the colour goes I think they both looks are nice, though white is what comes to mind first since I've had the toy's head since I was around four.
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Where's Abominus' head?
They show the head flipped out of Hun-grr's torso towards the end of the gallery.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

And in a move nobody saw coming when Pretenders were brought back, Takara are bringing down the average costs on the Fort Max mould some more by giving us Grand Maximus. Because obviously.

And the inevitable Greatshot redeco of Sixshot had also been announced.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Takara movie anniversary solicits, including potentially a leader class blackout, finally.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/39899/
Clay

Post by Clay »

Legends Grand Maximus is going ahead for production, although apparently still needs more pre orders for the pretender shell to be made.

This one, I think I'll get. I skipped the TR Fort Max because I have the encore release of the original, but Grand Max is different enough that I'd like to see what's changed from Metroplex.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Masterpiece Dinobot product listing. It's... twice as much as Primal? Surely that's not right, even if they make him at the scale used for the show (he would be the biggest Maximal).
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'd like to believe that's the wrong price, but that's what people said when Sunstreaker preorders first went up, and we all know how that went. :(

In spite of my fanatical love for Beast Wars, if the price is anywhere close to that I'll have to pass.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Wasn't the initial price on Shockwave something absolutely ****ing ridiculous that then came down to not quite so mental?

Yes I know I could go and check, but I can't be arsed.

Considering that we've gone April to December without a release I care about and that the next one I'm vaguely interested in might be extortionate, Takara are really knocking it out of the park right now.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

I’m pretty sure that initial preorders for MP Ultra Magnus were also nearly $300 before being marked down once the official solicits came out.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I hope you guys are right!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Me too...no way that's anywhere near my 'prepared to pay' price range.