OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

So...newest insider info...

Test shot of MP Megatron V2.0 on the horizon soon.

MP Jazz and Mirage delayed/tied up---probably licensing? Hound to come at around the same time as Megatron.

MP Trailbreaker for 2017 like Ironhide and Inferno this year---big carbot price/size.

MP Dai Atlas in the next 12 months

These all are scenario 1.

Scenario 2 substitutes Megatron for Galvatron and 3 releases of MP11---one in MP+ cartoon accurate release and another Ghost TT exclusive.

Let's see how this pans out.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Could maybe go for a Jazz if it's relatively toy like.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Knightdramon wrote:MP Dai Atlas in the next 12 months
You all need to buy this so Takara do God Jinrai as well.

I'd expect the Jazz/Mirage issue hold up is probably to do with sponsor logos, etc, while they work out what they're going to do.

@ Denyer - there's an upcoming 3P Jazz that looks a bit toy-ish. Will see if I can rustle up the info. Want to say it's Toyworld...

[EDIT] Ah - Generation Toy. Knew it was one of the ones who've done a Devastator
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/05/10/gene ... age-315292
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm, spotted. Of the ones that've been teased, I prefer the T&RO one the most with the oversized chest -- updates such as the Binalt just haven't done it for me. But TT are in with a chance on this one.

Really like the CHUG with extra accessories TBH, not in any hurry.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

MP Black Tracks baby! Loud Petal, Tokyo Toy Show exclusive.

Toy gun, decepticon character [with decepticon stand], Raoul and what looks like Twincast [or an evil version].

So much like Bluestreak, Tigetrack etc he should be available throughout the year after June.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yup, up for that. Mould's not the greatest of the MP cars, but I've enjoyed Road Rage a lot more than I thought I would.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Knightdramon wrote:MP Black Tracks baby! Loud Petal, Tokyo Toy Show exclusive.

Toy gun, decepticon character [with decepticon stand], Raoul and what looks like Twincast [or an evil version].

So much like Bluestreak, Tigetrack etc he should be available throughout the year after June.
Looking good so far.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Masterpiece Thrust confirmed!
http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810842606/

[EDIT]
Takara's Unite Warriors Sky Reign also confirmed to include Sky Lynx (obvs), Ratchet, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker and Hound.

Pics of Masterpiece Inferno.
http://hobby.dengeki.com/event/212858/

It's Tokyo Toy Show at the moment, btw... probably loads more news out there...
Attachments
inferno bits.jpg
inferno back.jpg
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Knightdramon wrote:MP Black Tracks baby! Loud Petal, Tokyo Toy Show exclusive.

Blaster's Micro Change colours apparently.

Is anyone else getting a Needlenose vibe from the face?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Inferno looks great, if the likes of Shockwave and Ironhide tickled your fancy. Meaning he looks very cartoon accurate but is complex enough, and those are a lot of extra accessories for a minor character.

Bought.

Thrust looks like a mess TBH. It's probably cartoon accurate but those random white/purple knee pads are a mess, he doesn't have enough of a wing mass in either mode---which further brings attention to his huge head/face in robot mode.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Knightdramon wrote:Thrust looks like a mess TBH. It's probably cartoon accurate
It isn't.

Well, it is in terms of colour scheme, but the problem with Thrust is that the animation model completely cheated in terms of the size of his wings - putting both them and the fins along the length of his leg. Something that just isn't possible to recreate in toy form because... well, because laws of physics.

Ramjet's face/head looked better in person than in pics, so I'm fine with that aspect. And at least I know now that the nosecone can be angled backward in robot mode so it's not hanging out of his arse.

I genuinely expected Dirge to be the second Conehead, tbh. Solely because there's less retooling necessary on the wings in order to get it to line up with the animation model. I figured they'd stick him out and use the extra time to try and find a solution to Thrust's wing issue, but it looks like they've skipped straight to "get em to rotate and **** how it looks". Which is a shame.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

INFERNO IS LOVE. Can he hold Smokescreen like a rugby ball? NM, another Lost Lighter on the shelf!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Should have some info and a test shot of MP Cheetor tomorrow [Tokyo Toy Show].

Thrust, Inferno, Loud Pedal, Delta Magnus, Primal, Red Alert+ and Cheetor...it would be surprising [but very welcome] to see anything beyond them.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

MP Cheetor test shot

Looks amazingly show accurate. Alternate beast and robot faces, gut gun and transformable tail gun. Faux beast head for robot mode from what it looks like.

Based on the clear Tracks stand he's on, he's roughly MP carbot sized.

More pics of UW Computron

Looks nice, although it feels odd that Hasbro's has those nifty hands and toes and this one has the basic CW ones.

Takara's Legends Ginrai [PM Prime] will be heavily remoulded from the Hasbro version.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That Cheetor looks aces. I am impressed :)
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ooooh, yes! :up:
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Ginrai/Japanese PM Prime test shot

Not the best quality of shots, but shows a lot of remoulded parts, including ankle tilts on the feet.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

That Cheetor looks much nicer than I'd expected. I'm a little surprised it turned out that good. However, it doesn't interest me enough. Hope it does well se that we get a Megatron, preferably of the Transmetal variety.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, Megatron would be the gateway character personally too.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

BW will be an interesting series to tackle because so far, G1 characters only have the one form/body so an MP Prowl is definitive, but MP Cheetor---will they stop at S1, will they do TM1 and TM2?

Same goes for Megatron, Primal etc.

I'm sure we'll get a Megatron before long to go with Primal.

Of note [at least for me] is that MP Inferno comes with 3 truck fronts. 1 is a toy/real life truck accurate one, 1 is a simplified cartoon one and the third has clear support prongs for MP Red Alert to rest on.

I'll make a separate thread to address that, but from MP Star Saber onwards Takara has really pulled all stops when it comes to getting figures all the accessories they'll ever need, plus more.