Review Question

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
HotShot81
Protoform

Review Question

Post by HotShot81 »

Anyone who has seen my profile knows I do a ton of box shots.

Thing is as part of the Amazon/EBGames Exclusive of the War of Cybertron line the boxes are rather plain.

I mean literally if it wasn't for the character's name being on the side of the box, you wouldn't know who is in there until you paid for him (or her, Nightbird is in this subline), and opened up the box.

Question is, do we need/want a shot of what amounts to a rather poor box? If we do, what do admins want to see when these photos are sent in.
ganon578

Re: Review Question

Post by ganon578 »

For these types of releases, I don't see the point in taking a box photo. The Generations selects are straight cardboard with some stenciled 'spray paint' looks that are the same for each release. A box shot of that line is useless.

If present, like in the mass retail releases, the box art is more useful. These can be scanned if necessary, or a small photo taken of the art cards like in the recent CW/Tr/PotP releases. For the current WFC/Studio Series stuff, the art on the box could be scanned or photographed up close.

Personally I'm more interested in good photos of the toy itself, rather than it in the packaging.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

I think it could be useful for identification purposes, especially since TFU.info doesn't have anything for the last few years.
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Dead Man Wade wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:01 pm I think it could be useful for identification purposes, especially since TFU.info doesn't have anything for the last few years.
This is the main reason all my reviews have a box shot, and at a decent resolution.

As I earlier stated some of the bots in the Siege line are in a brown cardboard box, so very easy to fake.
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

I figure this question is on the same vein.

Do we consider the character artwork on the side of the box as the artwork? Or is it the whole box?