Covid 19 / everybody PANDEMIC

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Clogs
Articles: 0

Re: Covid 19 / everybody PANDEMIC

Post by Clogs » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:03 am

Denyer wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:51 pm
...in the same sort of given period more people are likely to accidentally kill themselves falling on a sharp piece of mango.
Vicious brutes, mangoes.

Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:04 am

Denyer wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:51 pm
I don't think it makes much difference. Pfizer have fiddled the testing slightly in terms of reporting figures that cast the best light (most effective age group etc) the same as others. Roughly speaking, for the two dose ones the first dose is about equivalent to having been infected (but without the risks, possible organ damage etc) and cuts hospitalization and severe illness risks and the second tops it up.
It's not the Pfizer vs Moderna that bothers me. It's the 57 miles away vs on my way home from work that bothers me. Especially now that I learned my appointment time is 7am, meaning I have to leave my house by 5:40 am. Sunrise is 6:20 am. I'm going to try to go to bed around 10 pm so I get most of a full night's sleep before waking at 5 am. But, I'm a night owl by nature, so I don't know if I'll actually fall asleep any earlier than usual.

At least the place is easy to find, so I won't have to think much. The appoint says 7:00 am to 7:20 am, then 15 minutes to see if I have any adverse effects. I wonder if they'll consider it an adverse effect if I sleep during that time. I should be done by 7:40, home by 9 am, then back to sleep. Hopefully, while I'm there, I can make my 2nd shot appointment for a later time.

Edit: 1st shot done. As planned, I was home before 9 and went back to bed. My arm's barely sore from the shot. I'm otherwise feeling just a little off, but that's more likely to be from the interrupted sleep than the shot. They said they'd contact me about the 2nd dose, so I couldn't schedule a later time.

Also, I learned that the college radio station I set my alarm to plays century old Wild Bill Hickock serials at 5 am, probably because they don't expect many people to be listening that early.

2nd Edit: My arms a bit sorer now. It's not bad unless I try to extend and raise my arm at the same time.

Sades
Location: I just took a DNA test turns out I'm 100% sick of this meme

Post by Sades » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:50 am

I get jabbed tomorrow \o/ was still in some sort of online queue but I had to go to the pharmacy on other business, talked to a pharmacist and just... booked an appointment.
Amazing what going in person can do.

And now I'm going to bed because "appointment" suddenly doesn't look like a real word. :yawn: