Survivor Series results.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Bombshell

Survivor Series results.

Post by Bombshell »

Spike, Bubba Ray & Jeff Hardy def. 3-Minute Warning & Rico (YES!)

Billy Kidman def. Jamie Noble for the Cruiserweight Champion (Bound to happen sooner or later)

Victoria def. Trish Stratus for the Women's Championship (BAH!)

The Big Show def. Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship (Did anyone have any doubt about this?)

Los Guerreros def. Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit and Edge & Rey Mysterio for the WWE Tag Team Championship (Great...
:rolleyes: )

Shawn Michaels wins the Elimination Chamber match. ( Brend's gotta be happy about this... ;) )
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

i didnt see it at all...but by the match outcomes...this ppv sucked
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by ThunderCracker84
i didnt see it at all...but by the match outcomes...this ppv sucked

Which ones haven't in the past 6 months?
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
Which ones haven't in the past 6 months?
Good point.

This whole thing reeked of bad planning and old cheese. Time's ticking away on my attention span, they best do something big real soon...

Oh and if I saw right, Poppa Pump is gonna be on RAW.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

from a wrestling standpoint and the amount of effort put out by the wrestlers, this was a good show...and HBK took the gold so those of you who have a problem with that can do two things...

brend...i'll let you finish that!
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
from a wrestling standpoint and the amount of effort put out by the wrestlers, this was a good show...and HBK took the gold so those of you who have a problem with that can do two things...

Bitch and Complain.... well thats what most are gonna do anyways :glance:.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Disgusting.
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

HHH got injured during the match, he was sent to hospital. possible throat injury.
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Well... this is the first time I saw a Pay-Per-View since Summer Slam 2001 and I thought it was good. I don't see why everybody hates wrestling so much these days. The storylines are pretty weak, but at least the talent is there.

Hardy going through the table from the top of the entrance was awesome. I loved the little shrug he did before he jumped. I don't care if nobody else likes him; he's still my favorite wrestler. And re-uniting Devon and Bubba Rey was nice to see, even though I never liked them very much.

I usually hate watching women's matches... but this one was actually pretty good.

Kidman took a huge bump when his feet were caught on the top ropes and still got up for the shooting star press. I still think that's one of the best moves in wrestling.

The Big Show as the WWE Champion is terrible. He is so boring. I hope Lesner gets the belt back by Thursday. The Haymen screwjob was rediculously predictable.

The triple threat match was disappointing. Benoit and Angle should have been in it for a lot longer. I was glad Eddie and Chavo won though... The other four competitors should be in singles competition.

Version 2.0 and Nowitski were hilarious. If Steiner came out and started making fun of NY with them I would have laughed so hard. It's a shame he's acting like a face right now because everyone knows he's just going to turn heel right after he signs with RAW or Smackdown.

The Elimination Chamber was sweet. I don't think HBK winning the belt was the best idea ever, but I'm just glad the Big Nose Show isn't champ anymore. Of course he'll just feud with HBK and get the belt back next PPV, but the match was still good. Jericho and HBK going through the 'bullet-proof' glass was sweet.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Galvatron91

brend...i'll let you finish that!

I won't, because I have a problem with it myself :p

And what the hell happened to the HurriDust match?!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Brendocon
I won't, because I have a problem with it myself :p

And what the hell happened to the HurriDust match?!

It was on Sunday Night Heat before the PPV actually started. Regal and Storm won with the brass knucks.
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

The PPV was good..but not better than the last Survivor Series though. But I really like it when D-Von came to the rescue.....*starts chanting "3-D'*
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Lesnar wont get the belt back this week, he's out for 6 weeks to heal those ribs. :mad:

maybe they'll have Angle going after Big Show so when Lesnar comes back... Angle VS Lesnar match.
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

If Big Show had a shred of credibility going into Survivor Series then he doesn't anymore. Before the predictable Heyman heel turn, Brock beat him so badly it was embarrassing.

The Elimination chamber was good, I was glad to see HBK win but I was hoping that Booker T might not actually do the job. :rolleyes:

They're running out of ideas with the Dudley's so they re-united them. Good for last night but bad in the long run.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

*Sigh* Will Vince wake up for once and give the belt to those who really deserve them? Booker T has a real chance at being a champ and now I am not sure if he will get it next year or ever. :mad: :glance:
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

I don't think that Angle will make any runs at the WWE championship until after he has decided not to go the the olympics in 2004. They are going to save the Lesner Angle thing for something big, and to have Angle leave to go train for the Olympics would render any tension they built up now as kind of moot.

Angle thinks that the Angle-Lesner rivaly will be the biggest ever. I don't know about that, but I sure am looking forward to it.

If Angle doesn't go for the Olympics, they might go for a Lesner-Angle run for WrestleMania.
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

As a big HBK mark, I'm quite happy to see The Showstoppa winning the belt. Aside from HBK, I had wanted Booker T or RVD to be the champ, but HBK becoming the heavyweight champion is just too cool. I don't see why people criticize this PPV so much, because if you take a look you'd realized that all the titleholders lost their belt, and I can't remembe the last time it happened. At the very least, WWE didn't go with status quo, and it may mean that WWE will try to make things a bit more unpredictable from now on.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by Raiden
As a big HBK mark, I'm quite happy to see The Showstoppa winning the belt. Aside from HBK, I had wanted Booker T or RVD to be the champ, but HBK becoming the heavyweight champion is just too cool. I don't see why people criticize this PPV so much, because if you take a look you'd realized that all the titleholders lost their belt, and I can't remembe the last time it happened. At the very least, WWE didn't go with status quo, and it may mean that WWE will try to make things a bit more unpredictable from now on.
Constantly moving the titles arounds just denies them credibility.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Gotta type this on the run, but...
all the titleholders lost their belt, and I can't remembe the last time it happened. At the very least, WWE didn't go with status quo

THAT'S. NOT. A. GOOD. THING.

There are a lot of belts floating around (eight, all told), but that wouldn't be a problem if people were allowed to hold onto them for a while. Brock's built up as the WWE's next legend, and his reign's only three months long? Please. Two great stars like Edge and Rey (or Benoit and Angle, for that matter) can't manage to hold onto the belt for more than 2 weeks. This is embarassing.

Like G84 said, swapping the belts around removes what little credibility they still have. Just look at the WWE's title situation since 1997. Back then, it was World, Tag Team, and Intercontinental Champions. Simple. Then they introduced the European Title. And the Hardcore Title. And the Women's Title. And the Light-Heavyweight Title. After a while, the Light-Heavyweight and Women's Titles got scrapped. Then they resurrected both of them, the former as the Cruiserweight title. Then WCW came along, and we suddenly had a WCW World Champ, WCW Tag Champs, and a WCW U.S. champ on top of all the belts we already had. At this point, there are...12 belts floating around. Insanity. Then they merge the WWF and WCW world belts under Jericho as WWE Undisputed champ, then they scrap the other WCW belts, then they merge the European with the Intercontinental, then the Hardcore with the Intercontinental. Then, the WWE Undisputed Title goes to Smackdown! exclusively, and so they resurrect the WCW belt as the WWE Heavyweight championship and hand it to Triple H. THEN, they merge the InterocontinentalEuropeanHardcore Championship with this new meaningless belt when Triple H puts down Kane. THEN, they create new Tag Team Champions on Smackdown!, leaving us with two sets of champions. Are you seeing the problem here?!?!?!!?!? Now that we're finally set on the belt situation, we can't have them swapping all over the place; the only belts left with credibility are the world championship on Smackdown! and the tag team belts on Raw. Disaster.

Is a World Champion pairing of HBK and The Big Slow really better than Triple H and Brock? Triple H bores me to tears, but even he should have the belt ahead of Shawn...a guy wrestling twice in three months and getting handed the world belt is a travesty. They've forgotten The Book even exists, they managed to eliminate the most talented guy in the match (RVD) first, and Jericho's character just doesn't make any sense anymore, since the two men he's most violently feuded with this year (Triple H and Ric Flair) are now his running buddies. No continuity at all.

Noble deserved to lose the belt, because he's probably the least-talented guy in the division. Kidman, Rey Rey, Hurricane, and Tajiri all deserve to be champion ahead of Noble. That is all. I'm outta here.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

all the titleholders lost their belt, and I can't remembe the last time it happened.

SummerSlam 1999.

With the exception of the Women's Title, of course. But that's the closest you'll ever find.