Old Chesnut: Why did you pick your screen-name?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Old Chesnut: Why did you pick your screen-name?

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mine? Impactor & Smokescreen were taken [the latter's posting regularity rivals my own], just seen "Changing Gears", signed up as Cliffjumper. Several cases of mistaken identity, innumerable flame wars [which I always won :p] and 600 posts alter, I decided Pietro fitted nicely.

JUSTIFY YOUR OWN!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

It's my last name with "Big" in front of it. So it sounds like Big Mac but it's not. Or something. I may just go Denyer style eventually and change it to "Josh Maki" but it'll likely be taken by then anyway. ;)
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I started with Prowl, Rodimus Prime, Springer, Bluestreak, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Starscream, Galvatron, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. All were taken, so I decided to use one of my own creations, as I was determined to not have to use a number in my name this time, so I went ahead with Redstreak.

I'd initially planned to stick around just enough to get the seeker rank...oh how plans changed...
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

I honestly don't know why...I guess after I stole Compy's name at TFans I wanted to keep the technobot theme going. Eh.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Well, Sixshot kicks arse, Quick Switch kicks arse. Both names were taken... I combined them both. And Quickshot sounds like an early spunker :) *lowers the tone*

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

I wanted a little anonimaty... Well, I wanted people to be able to work out who I was with little difficulty, whilst remain hidden to those who didn't really bother with my posts.

And I like digitiser.

And I used it as my dark alter ego. I had a lot of **** to deal to deal with at transfans at the time, so had to remain 'pleasant'.

Here, I wasn't bound by such constraints.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Well, I picked Savannah-tron because I live in Savannah, Ga, I know how original, but this was the first Transformer forum board I registered on.

I was trying to create a collector club for my area for a while, but most of the ppl who were interested kind of just moved on, so I just stuck with the name.

Auros gave me the nick name of Savvy T one night, and I kind of like it, so there you have it.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Jesus, can't even remember what I tried before I got to this...probably Starscream, Galvatron, and Devastator, I would think...in hindsight, I guess I'm glad I didn't sign up as Devastator...Clay and I woulda been a little too close for comfort.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

I'd just read the Headmasters comics, and got inspiration from them. Also, it has a 'dark' feel to it. I liked it basically, and Scorponok kicks butt.:)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

D&D paladin I usually play in any given campaign.
Computron

Post by Computron »

Thought Slag would be a bit naughty for a message board name, suspected Snarl was taken (or perhaps it was - can't remember), Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, wasn't sure how to spell Strafe and was too lazy to look it up so decided I'd just go for his bigger ego and picked Computron
I support a ban on powerposting
Optimus'
Protoform

Post by Optimus' »

I like Optimus Prime. The ' came about because someone got Optimus before me.
I can only be nice to one person today.

TODAY IS NOT YOUR DAY.

Tomorrow doesn't look good either.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Computron
wasn't sure how to spell

Doesn't seem to have stopped you since...
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

I own the toy, like the tech spec and nature of the character, and there you have it.
-------
Sig courtesy of the Sig Master, Skywarp!
-------
Former AWF Tag Team Champion
Co-Hardcore Champion (x 2)
Member of Pulp Faction!
-------
TF Archive RPG Co-Player of the Year
-------
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

I had just seen part 2 of "The Agenda" from Beastwars season 2.

I was still searching for a name for Yahoo mail. So I wanted to use Ravage, big surprise: already taken :( So I added the _mk2. I've used it online ever since.

Some of you may think MK2 refers to Mortal Kombat 2, but it doesn't. Mk is the abreviation used in M.A.X. for denoting the Mark(as in version) of a unit.(higher number = more upgraded)

Thus I am the upgraded Ravage :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Well, whilst I tend to agree with Grimmy's no-nonsense approach to things, I prefer one name for more-or-less everywhere... and included my first name to avoid routine questions... at a few other places, I'm simply sDenyer.
LigerZero
Protoform

Post by LigerZero »

I picked LigerZero because I like Zoids. LigerZero was always my favorite. It seemed like me tough, adaptable, smart, and has a sence of humor. And I like cats too.
THE WIND, THE CLOUD, AND THE ADVENTURE....

Check out my EBay Auction The Constructicons set of Knock Offs.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

I just like the yellow, black and purple Transformers....
I'm thinking of changing my name (There's another Kickback out there, and I've had people asking me if I was him), but I don't know into what... No, Mook is not a good idea.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Skywarp sounded much cooler than Cliffjumper :p

Seriously though, I decided to change my name to Skywarp when I created The TF Mausoleum....sleek black jet, was always cool :)

The StoneCold bit got tagged on after the AWF RR....like Denyer, it's pretty unique to me....helps when I visit other places :)
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Zathras, a character from Babylon 5 is the basis for my name. I use either Zath, Zathras or Ranger1.
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.