Every time I get in my car, I come to this conclusion...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Starscreamsghost

Re: Every time I get in my car, I come to this conclusion...

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
...old people should be taken off the road by any means necessary. Slow old farts piss me off. They don't have enough sense to get in the slow lane when they're doing 35 on a 55, so they stay in the fast lane. They take forever to pull out onto a road because they have to wait until nobody's coming either direction for at least a mile.

See, I wouldn't say those are the actual reasons why one should have a problem with older drivers. They want to go slow and take their time, that's their prerogative, and you must deal with it.

The REAL problem is that old people tend to make decisions either much too slowly or much too quickly; this really comes into play when switching lanes (which they tend to do without signaling and quite awkwardly) and when making turns (and this includes the infamous 'left turn signal they left on from when they turned out of the driveway this morning' syndrome).
Minaru
Protoform

Post by Minaru »

Originally posted by ThunderCracker84
anyone who feels the need to come to a complete stop before making a right handed turn annoys me to no end...as well as anyone who does under the limit even by the slightest bit

That's the law... it's considering not stopping when you roll through a stop sign... or do you not mean ata stop sign cause that's what I guessed.... *wanders away*
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

I hate:

- Slow pricks who don't even have their foot on the gas and are just coasting along, until an opportunity to pass them comes up, then they momentarily turn into Richard Petty.

- Jerkoffs who are conducting a sightseeing tour. You want to point things out? PULL OVER.

- Sh*theads who aren't aware of their surroundings and take it out on you (Like the time I was called a "crackhead" for stopping at a Stop sign.)

- F*cking numbskulls on Cell Phones. A car pile-up just waiting to happen. Shooting these morons should be 100% legal.

- Stupid asses that think yellow = stop. If Ghandi ever had to back up because some moron stopped dead in the middle of the street when the light turned yellow, and then started backing up, he'd have gotten out of the car and whooped that person's ass.
Sir Auros

Re: Re: Every time I get in my car, I come to this conclusion...

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
See, I wouldn't say those are the actual reasons why one should have a problem with older drivers. They want to go slow and take their time, that's their prerogative, and you must deal with it.

No, they shouldn't be in the fast lane if they're going 20 under the speed limit, and the problem is that they do that AND they travel in that lane. It's illegal to just travel in the left lane, it's for passing, the right's for travelling. You can get pulled over and given a ticket if a cop sees you lingering in the left lane.
Blues Clues
Protoform

Post by Blues Clues »

Originally posted by Minaru
That's the law... it's considering not stopping when you roll through a stop sign... or do you not mean ata stop sign cause that's what I guessed.... *wanders away*

A friend of a friend got fined for rolling through a stop sign. 3 points (out of 4) off her licence. Fair enough if you're running straight through it, but if you're only crawling thats a pretty harsh penalty.

I really hate ppl who turn right from the left side of the road and vice versa. Or even people who turn from the middle of the road on a single lane road so u can't go round them when they slow down. And then there's the ppl who pull out straight in front of you at a roundabout. :mad: :rolleyes:
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

i just want people to use their turn signals. and IF they turn them on they BETTER actually TURN! Also people who pull out in front of you and then go 20mph!
Garand

Post by Garand »

You know those billboard signs from 'God' on the highways in America with messages to get people into church? They oughta repalce the religious message with "Use your me d*** turn signals" and such..
Scout

Post by Scout »

We have a billboard near here that says...

"Go ahead.
Just keep using my name in vain.
I'll make rush hour longer.
God"
Runningbee
Protoform

Re times a lot...Old people and stuff

Post by Runningbee »

I don't think oldies should be out on the road 'cuz...

Ya see, when my little 10 year old sis got off the school bus on da highway, an old fart sped by at about 40mph on a 30 mph road. My sister almost got run over.:eek: :mad: (Actually, it woulda been fine wit' me, but...)

:p Da Smushed One
Blues Clues
Protoform

Post by Blues Clues »

I remember reading the in Melbourne they had a 'Wipe Off 5' campaign to get ppl to drive 5km/h slower. This mag said that more accidents were caused by ppl day dreaming and instead the campaign should be 'Pay Attention You Dickhead!'.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Blues Clues
and instead the campaign should be 'Pay Attention You Dickhead!'.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Although I can agree with that, because we had an accident a few years ago, and the guy driving the other car (it was his fault) ignored the stop sign, and he was a Vietnimese Pastor from New Zealand who didn't know where he was going and spoke really broken English. :rolleyes: The car was a write off and we wern't happy.

Although apparently the wipe off 5 campaign has been working and if it hasn't those new tought/bastard laws introduced Australia wide last week definatly will. Melbourne roads are usually pretty good though.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Blues Clues
Protoform

Post by Blues Clues »

Originally posted by grimlock
... if it hasn't those new tought/bastard laws introduced Australia wide last week definatly will. Melbourne roads are usually pretty good though.

Australia wide? :eyebrow: I haven't heard anything about that. I should probably pay more attention to these kind of things! I know in either Melbourne or Sydney (or both) they're gonna book ppl for doing like 3 kph over, but we don't have that yet. 3 k's over is soo harsh, I mean your speedo could be out by that much and you wouldn't even know.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

The laws I'm talking about are:

1. 25k over the limit will result in an immediate loss of license
2. Talking on the phone while driving will result in the loss of 3 points and a $135 fine.
3. Can't remember this exactly but I think it's (I'm probably wrong)
3. If anybody who has lost their license for drink driving is found with ANY alcohol in their blood while driving, they will lose their license.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Blues Clues
Protoform

Post by Blues Clues »

Originally posted by grimlock
The laws I'm talking about are:

1. 25k over the limit will result in an immediate loss of license
2. Talking on the phone while driving will result in the loss of 3 points and a $135 fine.
3. Can't remember this exactly but I think it's (I'm probably wrong)
3. If anybody who has lost their license for drink driving is found with ANY alcohol in their blood while driving, they will lose their license.

Ahh yes, I remember them now. Well ... the first 2 anyway.