Funniest thing I've read all day...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Funniest thing I've read all day...

Post by Sir Auros »

Taken from a shmuck I know's AIM profile...
"When we leave God out of our lives, there is an empty space left in our hearts. We try to fill that empty space in all kinds of ways: sex, drugs, alcohol, pleasure, personal relationships, money -- the list is endless. But it will never be filled by anything or anyone except God. No matter the troubles in the world, you can have peace with God."

Yeah, pleasure and personal relationships make people REAL empty...considering that's pretty much all we really have. Gotta love those people who've deluded themselves into that mode of thought. I laughed and laughed when I read this...this guy seriously thinks he'll be the Republican presidential candidate in 20-30 years too...

I can understand the last bit about having God there to help you find peace if you can't find it any other way, but I fail to see how my life is empty by not really giving a hoot.
Runningbee
Protoform

Post by Runningbee »

*Giggles*

Hmm... Well, the funniest thing I've heard all day was:

"Anybody got any toilet paper?"
"I used to have that problem... 'til I turned two!"
"That was a very long time ago, my friend!"

Laughter... My life would be empty w/o it!
"The squeaky wheel gets replaced."
-Todd B. Hawley
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

One of my friends just started going out with someone (it's the girl I like, but it's irrelevant to this story somewhat), and he's been setting himself up for some really dirty jokes, and I've been calling him on all of them.

As far as the God thing, he can help you find peace, but even that's not a guarantee. I believe in God, but there are definitely times when I just feel empty even with Him there.

For the most part, the only reason that I no longer feel empty is because I realized that I fall for people too quickly, and now that I know that, I can be more carefull. It has nothing to do with my relationship with God. Sure, they can and do effect each other, but they're not the be-all and end-all of happiness.