Final Fantasy 7 movie

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Final Fantasy 7 movie

Post by Lambda prime »

I picked up this bit of news at http://www.computerandvideogames.com

Square to make the beloved RPG into a Spirits Within-style movie? Plus, Kingdom Hearts sequel and GBA original!

12:49 Various rumours have been circulating for a while now on a new Final Fantasy VII-related title. Now Square-Enix has indeed confirmed that we'll be able to revisit the world of FFVII next year - albeit not quite in the format you were hoping for.
As well as confirming Kingdom Hearts 2 on PS2 and another title, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on GBA, Square is apparently set to release Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children next year on...DVD.

Information on the title is just filtering through at the moment, and we remain hopeful that there will be some kind of videogame release too, but for the moment, this looks like another CGI movie affair in the vein of FF: The Spirits Within.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

There's been rumors about and FFVII sequal or movie or cartoon or..... for years now (since before the spirits with in) alot of this has been bolstered by Squarenix's release of Final Fantasy X-2 the first real sequal. There were those pictures of the "FFVII Sequal" which was a very well done fan project.

I'm courious to see an official press release from Squarenix. But if it is coming out, that'll be fantastic - I wonder who they got to do the voice acting.

That would be bizzare. I mean, we all know what Tidus and Yuna and all the characters for X sound like. But everything before - I have a voice in my head when I read them, I think I'd be disapointed if it didn't match. Ah well, time will tell.

Glad to hear (same concerns as above) that Kingdom Hearts II is makeing it into production (there was concern originally that Disney was going to up the licencing costs and it wouldn't be cost effective to do it then)
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Why people haven't gotten enough of this sh*tty game and the sh*tty characters in it is beyond me. This is pure square fan-boy garbage. They should stop using the world's natural reasources to make this puke....
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

LOL
Prowl? I take it you wouldn't go see it if it came out in theatres? ;)

But honnestly. The game still sells well every year (and for a game that's over 5 years old, that's impressive). People like the characters and the game, so it would be dumb of Squarenix not to market it some how (though I think a sequal would be cr@p and is unnessisary).
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Final Fantasy VII will always be someones Superman 64, i for one enjoyed it alot better then Final Fantasy VIII and X. RPGs aint everyones cup of tea and random battles and doing about 50 battles on the world map to 'level' up materia and character levels is damn stupid.
I hated the movie dull voices, dull characters and the weak premise and setting setting made it the perfect cure for insomnia if they make the next film with 'deformed' look characters include elves, dwarves, chocobos, Moogles, Eidelons and add likable characters with unexpected suprises it would work better.
How can they make a sequal to FFVII with the ending it got?
Brave Maximus

SPOILERS!

Post by Brave Maximus »

Appernetly there are a bunch of people on the net who (oh wait hold on)

Spoilers coming (games over 5 years old, so if you don't know by now.......... but just in case)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E
Alright, I think that's enough

Anyway - They want to know what happened after Meteror hit. Did the humans die at once, was there a catyclism. Did the humans survive ETC. How the hell did Nanaki reproduce when he was supposed to be the "Last" of his kind ETC.

And because Squarenix did a direct sequal to FFX they figured they might do one to their most popular game
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Maybe Square could polish the game for a PS-2 DVD release. Include everything they wanted first time out like those wierd statues found at Junon. Not remake it Resident Evil/Metal Gear Solid Twin snakes (PSone Metal gear Solid remake) on Gamecube, just make the animations smoother, maybe improve the character models and sell it when Final fantasy 11 online comes out. Whenever that is.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

FFXI should be coming out mid-november or December (they want it out for Christmas). Crystal Chronicals is due out some time in november (considering the release date has been pushed back like 4 times already, I wouldn't hold your breath) and X-2 is coming out early December (actually on Amarant's birthday)

The profits from X-2 are going to cover the initail loss from the North Am Release of FFXI (They say they have the bugs worked out, but if the Japanese release was anything to go by.........)

Nah, I like FFVII the way it is. Maybe when the PS4 or something rolls around, re-do it. But just leave it. Enjoy the game for what it is.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Actually FFXI is coming out for the PC sometime late this month but won't make out on the PS2 until Feb/2004. This is because they plan on putting the expandsion pak Rise of the Zilart in the North American release of the game.

As for the FFVII movie. It's going to be a movie taking place a couple of years after the game. There no plans from a remake or a sequel because you can still play FFVII on the PS2. Which is better anyway.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I thought they were going to release for both the Computer and the PS2 at the same time (that's what the news was last time we talked - of course the last time we talked about FF was well over 2 months ago) ah well,
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I dont know who said i think it was the president of Nintendo in Japan but Final Fantasy XI should have been multiformat. That makes sense as it cost a bomb to make, it was designed for PS-2, X-box and Gamecube can handle PS-2 ports easily, and the online nature may work against it in terms of expensive accessories and online gaming costs. I hope Final Fantasy XII is more one player then online gaming or multiplayer gaming and back to a system like that of VII and IX. The Sphere system of X really put me off.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Agreed. I really don't like FFXI's multiplayer format, but I will buy it just to say I have it. FX-2 is something I am looking forward to, heard that Yuna will have guns, and this pleases me. :D XII can't say because I haven't heard anything about it. As for new VII movie, I say cool.
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Amen to the FF7, 9 system of doing things. I was well pleased with them myself. The 7 characters lose almost all distinctness though once they have their ultimate weapons. Main difference is Limit Breaks at that point. 9 is cool though because all of the characters have different specialties and they don't really share much. 7 > 9 though for the sake of tradition. ;)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I think that every game had it's merrits. I actually like the Junction system of VIII (Though stealing magic pissed me off). And the Sphere system of X gave you alot of room for character development. You just had to get used to it.

As far as I've heard, XI is the only MMORPG Squarenix has planned. XII and XIII are planned as one player. Even CC, Which is multiplayer, is designed to have everyone in the same room.