[questionnaire] Hello folks im new!...sort of.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Hello folks im new!...sort of.

Post by Hawkeye »

Hello everyone im another new person to the board, well sort of. I have actually read the message board (especially the news section) for two years now and have become quite familiar o the site. For some reason i had'nt got around to registering until now. Im familiar with the regulars (especially quicksilver/ cliffjumper who should have monuments built in his honor) and now i step out of the shadows to say hi.

I obviously enjoy transformers and as generic and common as it is my favorite series is g1 uk simon furman stuff followed closely by the beast wars cartoon. I also love comic books in general my two favorite non-tf comics being Batman and The Avengers. I am 19 and am currently attending memorial university of newfoundland studying history and English.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

opps sorry for posting again so soon but i forgot something. i dont really know anything about the making or application of sigs and would like any help with that. email me at
Sarcasticmarxist@hotmail.com if u could help me any help at all wold be much appreciated
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

For your information, I rarely if ever visit this section of the board. But when I saw your username listed as that of a certain bow-wielding member of The Avengers, I had to say hi.

Welcome to the board, dude! BTW; you do know there's a section here where you can actually ask people for help in making sigs, right? Just scroll down a bit on the main board. Yeah... just there near the bottom. That's right.

And once more, welcome to the board.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Kilik
Protoform

Post by Kilik »

Hello there. I maybe insane, but.. enjoy!
When bogged down in the muck, grab a mango!

Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. yeah i posted a sig request also. yeah my name is most definantly taken from my favorite Avenger, Hawkeye.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Greetings!

Yay, another fan of comic books! I too am a fan of comics.

As you may or may not know we have an entire forum set up for posting about non-TF comics. I encourage you to post in it often.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

will do! i have over 3000 marvel/DC comics in my colection! (obviously inherited/bought in bulk collections from other people no way id buy all those individually) mostly from the 70's/80's and as such I have a fairly large knowledge of comics in general and that sounds like something id be interested in ill definantly check that out.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Sounds like a nice collection.

Got any X-Men?

What's your favorite Avengers stories?

Got any Vertigo?

What are your favorite writers and artists?
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

X-men? hmmmm i got pretty much the entire dark pheonix run and just about every x-men book from the 80's especially the "inferno" storyline. dont have alot of x-books from the 90's because there are too many:D but i bought all the onslaught ones.

where i am only 19 i was but a child growing up with alot of these stories so they had as much of a hand raising me as my parents :laugh: i did'nt haev as much avengers growning up as spiderman or x-men but if i had to say favorite avengers story i'd have to say "operation: galactic storm" I thougt it was a cool space story with a good avengers line-up. I also really enjoyed those annual crossovers that marvel used to have that all the heros could get in on the action like "atlantis attacks" not so much "evolutionary war" because what the high evolutonary wanted to do exactly changes from annual to annual but those kind of stories are pretty cool

I dont own any vertigo not saying anyting bad about the line I just dont own any for some reason.

Favorite artists/writers? hmmmm this list will probably sound prety generic beacuse they are all pretty well liked but thats how it is i suppose. First and formost I love the Tim sale/ Jeph loeb combo in my opinion no one does Batman better. Frank miller also does Batman really well. George perez / kurt Busiek are another winning team. Jim Lee 'nuff said. Bryan hitch and Bryan Michael Bendis are some new faces (to me) that really stick out and I Love The ultimates (if only theyd hurry up and make issues of it). This could go on for quite sometime but ill leave it at that.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

The Phoenix Saga is definitely a great line, so was the Mutant Massacre.

Glad to see you aboard.