Movies that are looking good for 2004

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Remember that live action Mortal Kombat tv series, Mortal Kombat: the "something" Dimension?

I just want to make sure it actually existed and I wasn't having some horrible hallucination.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Remember that live action Mortal Kombat tv series, Mortal Kombat: the "something" Dimension?

Don't you mean rather Mortal Kombat: Conquest?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Ozz
Don't you mean rather Mortal Kombat: Conquest?

I could've sworn the word "Dimension" was in there somewhere.

Eh, it's not like I watched that pile of filth anyway.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

there was a cartoon called defenders of the realm.

and at this moment Paul Anderson (aka - annihilation director) is directing.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Stone Coldimus
Hey Decepticon Megatron did the preview to pitch black 2 look any good? I think the actual name of the movie is "The Chronicles of Riddick"

Yeah, that was it! It seems that Universal took over the rights of the movie from USA films. Here's the trailer in .mov format (Quicktime needed).

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal ... ofriddick/

Originally posted by Grimlock
Christopher Lambert and Robin Shou were both aledgedly in the movie, but now the cast is unknown again, and Linden Ashby's (OH THANK GOD!!!!!!) name is apparently out there for Johnny Cage again. It was crime to get rid of both Cage and Ashby, hopefully it will be fixed.

Yeah, killing Johnny Cage in Annihlation was a crock, and it was even a bigger crock that it wasn't Ashby who played Cage. They also need to bring back Bridgette Wilson as Sonya. Damn, she's friggin' hot!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
and at this moment Paul Anderson (aka - annihilation director) is directing.

Paul Anderson is not directing.

John R. Leonetti is directing it, who was the annihilation director, so your half right.

Anderson WAS directing it at one stage and then stepped down (as well as stepping down from directing Resident Evil Apocalypse) so he could concentrate on writing and directing Alien Vs. Predator.

What sucks though, is that when he did quit MK3, that's when everything shot to hell and everything was up in the air again.
Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Yeah, killing Johnny Cage in Annihlation was a crock, and it was even a bigger crock that it wasn't Ashby who played Cage. They also need to bring back Bridgette Wilson as Sonya. Damn, she's friggin' hot!

Oh yeah!
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Everything seems to be based on a book/comic/cartoon/remakes these days. Either that or its a sequel.
To be fair, original screenplays have been quite thin on the ground for a long time, and even those tend to derive from printed literature (even if it isn't credited.)

I do generally dislike the sequel trend, though. The only one I really want to see is Kill Bill Part 2—and that's only 'cause it's taking literally the comic book format.
Stone Coldimus
Protoform

Post by Stone Coldimus »

I don't mind sequels as long as they're warranted. Just making sequels because they're sure to make money because of the first movies success is what annoys me.

Bad Boys 2 is a perfect example of that. I love the first one, and they did it on a budget of only 20 million. Bad Boys 2 gets a budget of 100 million+ and what do we get? 2 hours of pointless special effects with little story or character focus. I got no problem with special effects, but only if they actually add something to the story. Using them just because they can prove they can do it, or just cause it looks cool adds nothing to a movie.
My Fanfic: Ghosts of The Past
http://www.geocities.com/tfgotp/index.html
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Kill Bill 2 that is all.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Bad Boys 2 is a perfect example of that. I love the first one, and they did it on a budget of only 20 million. Bad Boys 2 gets a budget of 100 million+ and what do we get? 2 hours of pointless special effects with little story or character focus. I got no problem with special effects, but only if they actually add something to the story. Using them just because they can prove they can do it, or just cause it looks cool adds nothing to a movie.

Bad bad movie. Gun fights every 5 minutes just to have gun fights, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence arguing every possible second for two hours, the movie being so damn long and the fact they had the hummer tearing across Cuba(no way they get to Guantanamo. I didn't catch where they went to in Cuba but it seemed they were hinted at the north side with Florida not too far away. Given that and where Guantanamo is there's no way they make it) at 100 mph makes this a bad movie. Can't believe I was forced to watch this thanks to my sister at Christmas.
"Your brush with greatness is over!"

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
A quote that I stole from someone from somewhere else
Stone Coldimus
Protoform

Post by Stone Coldimus »

Calling it a bad bad movie is putting it nicely. Like I said, I loved the first one so to see them butcher the second just because they had the cash to make it flashier just really irritates me. Style over substance isn't going to keep me interested for over 2 hours. :wall:
My Fanfic: Ghosts of The Past
http://www.geocities.com/tfgotp/index.html
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

I wanna see 'Seriously, Dude Where's My Car?'

Also, has the House of the Dead film come out yet? I saw a trailer for the film on my Xbox game
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

I'm hoping they don't screw-up The Bourne Supremacy. That's looking like the only decent flick for 2004.
Back for good... for Evil.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I'm looking forward to seeing 'Troy' the most.

Some others that I'll likely see are:

Kill Bill Vol. 2
Spiderman 2
Jersey Girl (New Kevin Smith movie)
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm gonna go out and get Kill Bill vol. 1, and then, when it comes out, I'm going out to see the second.

And Harry Potter. Have to see that...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Originally posted by Snake
I'm hoping they don't screw-up The Bourne Supremacy. That's looking like the only decent flick for 2004.

How many Bourne books are there?
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

Originally posted by Lord Zarak
How many Bourne books are there?

Three: The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum.
Back for good... for Evil.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »