Ying Xiong "Hero"

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Tempest

Ying Xiong "Hero"

Post by Tempest »

It had made it to our cinema's last week and I thought I'd go and check it out. II have to say, it blew my mind ... thats the only way I can say it, it was just incredable. It was well rounded cast and a lot of talent.

However, I was going in expecting a full out action movie, I was glad I was wrong. At first I was ticked off how it was in subtitles but then I realized it made it more authentic.

From what I found out in IMDB it was realsed in 2002 :eek:, which was suprising. Just wondering if it hit US screens or did it jsut stay to DVD?
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

It came to the US like a few months ago. It wasn't that popular here as it was in China. Jet Li was awesome in that once again.
________
[url=http://www.****tube.com/categories/458/german/videos/1]CREAMPIE GERMAN[/url]
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

yeah it was released in asian territories a couple of years ago, but got brought over to the "western" world only a few months ago, and i praise you... you know why?

for not going Quentin Tarantino's "Hero"
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by CounterPunch

Yeah, that's always bugged me, too. He had about as much involvement in it as I did, but everyone automatically sticks his name in front of it. He was an executive producer. Technically, one doesn't even have to have read the script to be an executive producer.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
yeah it was released in asian territories a couple of years ago, but got brought over to the "western" world only a few months ago, and i praise you... you know why?

Yeah, at first I thought he directed it then I noticed he didn't he stole credit!

Still a good movie though.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Bah, a Chinese Propaganda movie and nothing else. 'Die for your Country" is a stupid message to give and certainly the movie isn't so good. I give it a 2/10. 2 because its the swords and the moves. Nothing else was good.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by CloudStrifer
Bah, a Chinese Propaganda movie and nothing else. 'Die for your Country" is a stupid message to give and certainly the movie isn't so good. I give it a 2/10. 2 because its the swords and the moves. Nothing else was good.

Propaganda? How the hell was it Propaganda? He didn't die for the country, he died for the idea behind it. Someone else could of united 'our land', and thats what he was willing to die for.

And in one scene, Snow Vs Wind, the whole scene was using their clothing make the leaves that were falling to hit your oppenant. That was brilliant!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Tempest
Yeah, at first I thought he directed it then I noticed he didn't he stole credit!

Actually, he generally realises that bugger-all people will see most of these films... he likes them, and realises basically having his name on it will raise its profile and get the movie and its' director a much wider audience than it might have got before. It worked fro Wong Kar-Wai, who couldn't get Western releases before Tarantino endorsed Chunking Express, since when he's had significant inde hits with Fallen Angels and Happy Together. Who cares if a few retards don't read up on what he actually had to do with the film?
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

Have to agree with you that the movie wasn't so great because it was pretty hectic but when you put it all together it was pretty nice. Definitely not propaganda, more like just another heroic story.
________
Maryjane
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Tempest

As Cliffjumper pointed out, it wasn't about stealing credit. It's about helping to get a movie released that wouldn't otherwise.

There was a movie that I saw at a film festival a while back. Apparently, Spike Lee saw it, and offered to let them put his name on it as executive producer if it would help them get it distributed. And sometimes, unfortunately, it takes someone's name being slapped on at the last minute to get it out there.
Blues Clues
Protoform

Post by Blues Clues »

Originally posted by fort_max
As Cliffjumper pointed out, it wasn't about stealing credit. It's about helping to get a movie released that wouldn't otherwise.
Jet Li should be enough to make people go see it. Don't really give a sh*t for Tarantino personally.
Bah, a Chinese Propaganda movie and nothing else. 'Die for your Country" is a stupid message to give and certainly the movie isn't so good.
Thanks for spoiling the ending. :glance:

Welcome to the TFArchive!
Here you'll be treated with dignity and respect ...
Now strip naked and get on the probulator!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Blues Clues
Jet Li should be enough to make people go see it. Don't really give a sh*t for Tarantino personally.

It's not a matter of who's going to go see it. It's a matter of who's going to distribute it. And the people who distribute films only occasionally have a clue.