Video Game Movies

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Tempest

Video Game Movies

Post by Tempest »

Several video games have made their way to the big screen, yet while they might of been good games, they sucked as movies. I'm talking about Mortal Kombat 2, Resident Evil 1 & 2 and AvP (While it also had a comic book series, it was also a game).

Now, their are quite a few games that can still be made into movies, that if you apply good writers, good actors (that fit the part) and a good director, you could get a kick ass movie out of a video game. Personally I wouldn't mind to see if they did something with Duke Nukem movie.

Suggestions on others?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

You forgot to mention Mario Brothers in you "List 'O Suck" (R). I've never seen any of the others, but I remember that movie wasn't that special.
Rew
Protoform

Post by Rew »

You forgot Tomb Raider....that was a dire movie in my opinion...
Civ

Post by Civ »

Don't forget Final Fantasy. As a movie, it wasn't all that bad. It wasn't the greatest but it was watchable though somewhat confusing.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Tetris.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

GTA: Vice city, with either Ray Liotta or Bruce Cambell as Tommy
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Space Invaders would be a damn good movie.

"DEAR GOD! IT'S AN ALIEN INVASION!"
"What are they gonna do to us?!"
"They'll move in poorly-animated zigzag lines and blast us to smithereens with their Painfully Slow-Moving Death Lazers(tm)! We're doomed!"

And you forgot the Street Fighter movie on the list. *shudder*
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

for the worst ideas I could mention Pong, Pacman, asteroids, snake

for the good ones starcraft, warcraft3, diablo1 and 2
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

the first Mortal Kombat film was ok, RE was ok but didnt follow any story and had that fugly bitch fro mTeh Fast & The Furious. Street Fighter 2 anime kicked ass!!!
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

oh good god i'd forgotten about the Super Mario movie, now that was tragically funny.
The best way to make a movie out of a video game is to not use the main character from the game and instead follow a lesser character or just use the same world that way it won't have to have such a rigid plot line , also if it strays away from the ethos ofthe game then it won't matter terribly.

Was just about to say "would like to see an anime based around the Z.O.E universe" then remembered that i all ready own it :\

Though if they made a movie about Dantes brother from Devil May Cry that would be good, well it would be cool on paper i can't imagine it could ever be done right.

Saying that the amount of games which have been liscenced to be made into films is ridiculous, i know GTA has and Metroid (not a long list i know but i can't think of too many off hand), just hoping to god they never use the liscences.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
You forgot to mention Mario Brothers in you "List 'O Suck" (R). I've never seen any of the others, but I remember that movie wasn't that special.
oh that wasn't htat bad:p (jk... a lot)

umm... good movies, good games, good movies, good games

i would say command and conquer (any one of them) but i don't think an rts could make that great of a game
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Trollking
Protoform

Post by Trollking »

Last I heard there was a duke Nukem film in the works but that's been a while. Also Metroid had a script being written for it but I haven't heard anything in the past 2 months. A few others movie put throught the process of being turned into a movie but I doubt they'll make it into production.

Oh and you guys forgat that double dragon movie. It sucked too.
Parasite Eve for awhile was being considered being amde a movie until Madonna got her hands on it.
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

Metroid could be absolutely epic. It has such great potential, not just for fantastic settings and cool FX. Samus Aran is the definitive badass videogame heroine. Lara who? Croft you say? Bah; she's a poor remake of Indiana Jones in silicone. Samus would beat Lara's ass into the ground and she wouldn't even need her power armor suit to do it. If they took it seriously, say, as serious as Richard Donner did with Superman (1978), it would be an instant classic. Chances are, however, the script will be a huge waste of paper, they'll use lots of low-grade CGI, and the actress playing Ms. Aran will turn in a performance that sinks both the movie and any hopes she has of a career.

I have always thought Bionic Commado would make a cool movie. Lots of action, guns, sh*t blowing up, that cool bionic claw-arm. But it should be closer to the japanese version and bear its' original title "Top Secret: Hitler's Revival". Though the subterfuge of the US version made for one helluva reveal when you finally saw who "Master D" really was. Who could forget being called a "damned fool" by ole Adolph? Who could forget the horror of the Albatross Laser Weapons Platform? And who could forget ruining Hitler's **** by shooting him right in the head with an experimental high-yield rocket launcher? Memories...

But Hollywood would screw this one up too.
Back for good... for Evil.
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Originally posted by Shockmeister

And you forgot the Street Fighter movie on the list. *shudder*

You mean the live-action one, right? Yeaah, that was pretty craptastic.

Ummm..... I think a movie about the origins of the whole Armed Core series would be nice.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by the_escaflowne_2k
Saying that the amount of games which have been liscenced to be made into films is ridiculous, i know GTA has and Metroid (not a long list i know but i can't think of too many off hand), just hoping to god they never use the liscences.

film rights to most games have been lapped up, its the way the industry works, you see a new game coming out that MIGHT be a hit and you go and buy the rights to it, even if you're not planning on doing anything with it for bloody ages... hell i bet one film company still owns the bloody rights for a james pond film
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

The Street Fighter movie blew

Zangief: (In a stupid confused manner) Bison was a bad guy?
:laugh:

Or when Ken puts a cap in Guile.

E. Honda & Balrog work for the CIA or whatever

Super Mario Bros. was tragic alright, me & my bro went to see it but it was sold out so we saw Sandlot, man back then as kid I was pissed but I dont regret seeing that piece of crap in theatres I really like

Mario "No I'm MArio, Mario, he's Luigi, MArio!"
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Zelda.

Absolutely, undoubtedly, Zelda.
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Everquest. It would be funny watching all the actresses shiver, as they walked through frozen tundra wearing a thong/bikini.

Although in that regard, any MMORPG, and most computer games would work, I suppose...

Or maybe "The Sims". Wouldn't a movie based on a game based on life be awesome?

On second thought, maybe not.

Ooooh, I know!
A movie based on Hasbro Interactive's "Beast Wars - Transformers!". Wouldn't that be awesome?

Actually, after thinking about the game itself... maybe not.

A movie based on Giants:Citizen Kabuto would be pretty neat, primarily for the blue lady-who-is-topless-in-the-Euro-copy on the cover.
He's alive. Go figure.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Lord Decepticon
The Street Fighter movie blew

Zangief: (In a stupid confused manner) Bison was a bad guy?
:laugh:

Or when Ken puts a cap in Guile.

E. Honda & Balrog work for the CIA or whatever

There were a couple of gems, like M. Bison's "For me...it was Tuesday...". And the DVD has a cool little tutorial on the language and customs of Zandaloo. Most of the tutorial consists of things like "Please do not shoot. We surrender."
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

Warcraft saga can be made to resemble LOTR and that would be pretty hot also.

Halo could also be a cool movie. Space ring concept etc..

Plenty more I could probably think of but I'm drained...
________
[url=http://www.****tube.com/categories/597/lesbian/videos/1]Gang bang lesbian[/url]