Pakistan vs Austrailia: 1st Test

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Pakistan vs Austrailia: 1st Test

Post by CloudStrifer »

Well, lets being this thread with good news. AUS 58/2. Seems like Pak is having a field day with the pitch they have set up there. Real fast and deadly. Just how our bowlers like it.

Mohammad Sami, Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Khalil are doing a pretty good job of bowling.

I just hope our batsman can work and continue the work of our bowlers.

EDIT: 60/3!!!! AHAHAHAHAHH!

Edit 2: 72/4!!!! Could it be going more our way?
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Be quiet dude. The Australian side are the worlds best and they'll get better. Even if we do get a dodgy score you still won't be able to make us follow on. We have one of the strongest teams in history next to the Invincables lead by Don Bradman. We're going to win this test, just as last time, just as always, and we always will for the next 5 years.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Well end of the first day, 357/8. Not a bad score, but we will get it. They certainly won't get to 500 as the pitch is made for bowling and it did certainly show that. It would be interesting how Pakistan plays it. Certainly will be hard for them since they aren't used to pitches like that but I guess Austrailia isn't either.

Tempest: The Bigger they are, The Harder they fall.
Fireflight
Protoform

Post by Fireflight »

Originally posted by Tempest
Be quiet dude. The Australian side are the worlds best and they'll get better

How? Warne and McGrath won't have long left at the top and it'll be almost impossible to adequately replace those two, let alone find better options. The top 7 will probably remain fairly constant over the next few years (with only Lehmann being replaced), but it's hard to see anyone making big improvements there.

Doubt Pakistan will score much more than 200 in their first innings.

First day of the South Africa and England test series tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to, though we're short of match practice on tour.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Well second day, Pakistan stopped Langer from making 200 which is all good. They are batting now, are are 18/0. lets hope and see if they can play. I will be praying for them.

AUS: 381

Pak: 35/1 Not bad, especially if AUS were 6/1, I don't like it, but I will take it. At least they are now playing somewhat better in their batting.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

God damn Cloudstrifer is delusional.

Pakistan are being absolutely thwarted.

Dunno if the other countries get The Cricket Show during the Lunch Breaks but the ones during this test have been pretty good. They have been focusing on introducing all the young new Pakistani players, and they had another on Shoib Aktar and his frustrations of being the only senior bowler in the side without any real back up coming from the other end.

Simon O'Donald was right when he said at the start of play this morning, take away the captaincy from Inzi and give it to Yosuf Youhana, they played a lot better when he was in control yesterday. Pity cause I like Inzi as well.

Fireflight: Yeah South Africa/England series should be good, can't wait until the Ashes Series next year, looking forward to it for sure.

Warne plans to go another 3/4 years which he will be able to do with relative ease seeing he doesn't play ODI's anymore, and usually just fields in the slips.

McGrath, dunno how much long he'll be with us, probably at least 2 years I'd say, but at the moment, we have so many bowling options it's riduclous, Brett Lee can't get a game because of it. And after him, we've got Nathan Bracken, Shane Watson, Brad Williams, the list goes on, there's so many good young fast bowlers coming through it's not funny.

Warne will be the hard one to replace though, it's kind of hard to replace the best spin bowler in the world.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Double post! Woo Woo!

Ahem, anyway, what I would like to see is someone step up and start perfecting slips fielding for us.

Warnes done an excellent job since Mark Taylor and Mark Waugh have left, but he only plays tests. So that leaves Matty Hayden the job in 1st slip in the ODI's cause he usually plays 2nd in the tests.

My problem with that is he's a bit hit and miss sometimes. So I'd like to see someone who's in both the ODI and Test side step up and take over the slips. Gradually of course, cause Warne's still a gun of a slips fielder.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Grimlock

Re: Pakistan vs Austrailia: 1st Test

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by CloudStrifer
72/4!!!!

72/10!

........you've asked for it.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It took Australia a whole 31.3 overs (and only 4 days) to finish off Pakistan.

God damn, they lost 9 wickets in a session. That's pathetic for a team playing at this level.

McGrath get his best ever figures with 8/24. Damn Kasper taking two wickets away from him.

Mind you Pakistan havn't won a game since landing here, those games include:

Western Australia 2nd XI first
Western Australia second
Chairman's XI third
and then finally Australia.

That's pretty poor, they should have won the previous 3 games at least.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Re: Re: Pakistan vs Austrailia: 1st Test

Post by CloudStrifer »

Go ahead, laugh. I certainly don't really care.

Why? because I know Pakistan will always do this and its natural. They always almost preform bad if you keep your expectations high. Meh, no big worries. We beat India and thats all that matter. So nuts to you.

Austrailia you will fall and when that day comes, I will be standing high and laughing the loudest. Weather Pakistan or others beat it, is no concern of mine.

And did you really expect us to win this. Then your out of your minds. I am already looking at our upcomming tour of India which is more important that playing in Austraila.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Yer because someone's not bitter. :rolleyes:

What's your point? We beat India as well. We've got the Border/Gavaska trophy now. But the thing is, India have had an absolute crap year, so beating them isn't exactly the biggest feat.

No I didn't expect you to win, but I at least expected a competitive match. I mean we won by what? 491 runs. Bloody hell.

Yeah because playing in India is more important than playing here, cause nearly all the teams from the subcontinent can only win games there cause they can't play on any other wickets.

Winning games on pitches from all around the world is what makes a good side. But at the moment, I'd love to watch Australia play some competitive cricket which is why I'm looking forward to New Zealand in New Zealand in Feb I think. And then the Ashes, god damn that's gonna be awesome.

Not to mention the Australia VS. World XI games in October next year.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Damn it Grimmers I wanted to do this but I've forgotten about it.

The Sunday Times said it best:

564 Reason's Why Pakistan is on the Canvas

And it had a Picture of Martyn with the bat in his hnad over his head. Priceless. Of course this was at the end of the 3rd day I think, but it was still good.
Fireflight
Protoform

Post by Fireflight »

Heh, Langer beat Pakistan by 37 runs.;)

England beat South Africa in the first match and have now won 8 test matches in a row, with Andrew Strauss scored 220 runs for once out in his first away test.

Bring on the Aussies!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Bit shaky there at the start of their 2nd innings though.

I reckon that 2nd ball was absolutely plumb. Would be been 2/0.
Fireflight
Protoform

Post by Fireflight »

That's what I thought at first, but the replays showed it pitched an inch or two outside leg stump. We didn't play all that well really, Strauss and Butcher scored most of the runs and Harmison was out of touch, so it was a pleasing victory.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Well second match and from the looks of it this one could be better yet I am not going to judge this one yet. Salman Butt is a great player, and I support him in his position. Good luck buddy! Hit Shane Warne till he cries to his mama!

Pakistan : 93/1
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Good first day of cricket that for both teams.

Good stuff to watch for sure.

Can't believe Butt was dropped in the first over.

If I was Inzi, I'd be $hitting myself right about now with Yousef Yohanna breathing down his neck. Although I've heard Inzi plays a big off field role for the team.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Well, looks like Aus is on the ropes. 254/7 not a good score, and with bowlers remaining to bat, it could be start for Pakistan to level then win the series. Lets hope so.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

We've one one test, Pakistan have a chance to win one. Australia still have the third test to win this thing. While it pains me greatly, Pakistan did a good job today. Well done.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by CloudStrifer
and with bowlers remaining to bat.........

Gillespie is good for a few runs thanks and if he doesn't wanna go out, trust me, he will stay at the crease, and whatdaya know. 50*. Good work Dizzy.
Originally posted by Tempest
While it pains me greatly, Pakistan did a good job today. Well done.

What f*cken game are you watching?

85/5 at the start of the 2nd innings and only leading by 47 at the moment is not a good score and not a good effort.
Zombie Dave
Protoform

Post by Zombie Dave »

Tresco and Strauss were the **** today.

Come on England, 9 in a row!