Pakistan vs Austrailia: 1st Test

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Good fightback from England for sure after their first innings collapse.

Australia quickly finished off Pakistan today. Good series win that.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Grimlock
Australia quickly finished off Pakistan today. Good series win that.

Holy crap ... I was referring to the first day. Pakistan put up and decent fight >_>. However it looks like their balls got shredded today.

Auzzie Auzzie Auzzie

OI OI OI

Auzzie Auzzie Auzzie

OI OI OI

Auzzie

OI

Auzzie Auzzie Auzzie

OI OI OI
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Oh well thats Pakistan for you. Eh, nothing I would expect either happening so it was no shock to me. Time for more important matters, like WI vs Pakistan which is much more exciting than Aus vs Pak for sure.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by CloudStrifer
Time for more important matters, like WI vs Pakistan which is much more exciting than Aus vs Pak for sure.

Yer cause it might actually be a competive match but I think the Windies might steam roll them as well.

It's a harsh reality check when you see how your country compares to the best in the world.

Bring on England already.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

With the West Indes its always a safe bet on what team they bring, that you can say weather they might win or lose. But thats if they chose the team that was in the ICC cup.

Anyway, more importantly is that Pak will be going to India in Feb and thats more important that WI. Keeping the tradition of beating India alive!

Oh Grimlock, make sure you have a soft landing. When you fall flat on your ass that is 3-4 years time. No biggy for me, I already know how my team preforms. Its just a matter of time when the classic Sri Lanka vs Aus with Aus favorite and how Sri Lanka kicked your asses in 1996 world cup with warne sixed every other ball will be replayed. I will be watching. My bets on England though eh, I don't really like their players much. Not personal wise but preformance wise.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Originally posted by CloudStrifer
Oh Grimlock, make sure you have a soft landing. When you fall flat on your ass that is 3-4 years time. No biggy for me, I already know how my team preforms. Its just a matter of time when the classic Sri Lanka vs Aus with Aus favorite and how Sri Lanka kicked your asses in 1996 world cup with warne sixed every other ball will be replayed. I will be watching. My bets on England though eh, I don't really like their players much. Not personal wise but preformance wise.

at least we made the final
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

OMG! My team r winning! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EAT MY **** YOU GUYS! EAT MY **** YOU AUSSIE WANKERS! HAHAHAHAHAHA U R LOSERS! WE R GOING 2 WIN!

*time*

Yeh, well, I don't care. I never thought we were going to win. I don't care. I'm taking my toys home now, you people were really nasty to me. Anyway, your team lost a game in 1928, so we know you are CRAP. In 70 years' time, your team will have died of natural causes, and then we will see who's best!

God, I'm not a cricket person, but for CloudStropper's input alone, this is the greatest thread ever.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

[sorry double post]
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

So have others, my point is that Aus fans are becomeing obnoious and thinking thier players are Gods and thier team in the end of all teams. While every team must have its hayday at the top it shouldn't last long as it turns fans into rabid fans and results in them attacking everything that isn't meant for them. For example, I had this guy attack me for my comments on Salman Butt and how he is a good opener for Pakistan. He starts off with how he sucks and that Aus openers are better. I mean he puts Aus players where they don't belong. I am a fan of David Boon and Warne but as these players dominate almost every message board, my love for them decreases.

Cliffy, go attack someone else. I will not bow down to your level and insult others because I have great respect for this board.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

not all fans are like that Cloudstrifer. I can definatly appreciate good players in other teams, however I don't need to post threads laughing at how badly a team is batting before seeing how my own team goes
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

My problem is that Australia's dominance over the rest of the world doesn't make for good viewing. You seem to miss the point, although I love Australia winning, I'd like to see a competive match, which at the moment no team in the world seems to be able to give us.

Apparently Australia's First Class Cricket leauge is lightyears ahead of everyone elses, and that includes County Cricket (Surprised me for sure when I found this out). Other countries need to adapt and raise to these standards so that they can get the best effort from their players possible and inturn make their country a powerhouse.

I think it's great that all the players from both sides get together after games and share viewpoints, I love how Danish Kaneria can go up to Shane Warne and get advice on how to be a great leg spinner.

And as for that "thier team in the end of all teams" comment. You know why? Cause it is! This current Australia side is continously being compared to the Invincibles which were lead by Sir Donald Bradman. Not only that, when people are asked what do you think is the best XI side ever? Two people are names automatically. Bradman and Sobers, and fast becoming a 3rd automatic selection is Adam Gilchrist who can turn a match in no time flat. Also, this current side has set an insane amount of records for most wins in a row, etc. and after beating Pakistan in the 2nd test, ranked up win number 300 for the country, which no other team has reached, although England is close, but they have also played something ike 100 more tests than we have.

Oh yeah, and that '96 or whatever World Cup was real good, who won the last two? And the last one without losing a match mind you. Yeah but also, that's One Day Cricket, while I love ODI's cause they're fun to watch, they don't really count when compared with Test Cricket.

I'm looking forward to the Ashes series because it will be good competive cricket (we all hope). I just read an article that was intriuging, it was about how Strauss has Langer worried. They played together with Middlesex, and they are friends and keep in contact with each other, but Langer said how focused he is and how he's able to score runs fast and how he emobies the new belief in the England side. Good read for sure.

On England: Lunch Day 5:
South Africa require another 274 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Good match that has been for sure.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Nice white wash we finished off with today.

On to the one dayers now.

I'm gonna have to drag my arse to the MCG on Monday to go see that Asia Vs. The Rest Of The World charity match. Should be good fun to watch for sure, then I think we kick off against the Windies 3 days later. ripper!