comic relief!!!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Mirage

comic relief!!!

Post by Mirage »

.......and no, i don't mean exciting new ways to utilise your comic collection!!!

the day is upon us, wait, uhm, or rather the night is upon us! what have people been doing for comic relief? anything, nothing?

I was supposed to be taking pledges over the phone but am ill so i can't!!

howsabout you?
join me on myspace!!!! http://www.myspace.com/jezzy_bravo

if you get chance check out my eBay auctions...... http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjezzy_bravoQQhtZ-1
Sades

Post by Sades »

I've got today and the weekend off from work, so come tonight I'm ****ing outta here!

Whoohoo!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'll be buying the Little Britain DVD as they seem to have buggered up the Red Nose distrabution this time around (No one I knows been able to find one...). RND is always far better than Children In Need (and their Doctor Who spoof was better as well ;) )
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Wildrider

Comic Relief? Was a bunch of cr*p!

Post by Wildrider »

I hate Comic Relief, there was nothing funny on for the first six hours. I know it's for Africa and also for Domestic problems and is an exremely worthy cause and gives Lenny Henry something to do, but.....................................

They showed clips of WHY we should be donating our cigarette money to disadvantaged sorts every flipping ten to fifteen minutes. I haven't watched Comic Relief for years, mainly due to all the children who run around spitting red noses and sponsorship forms at you, but I'm sure thirty minute intervals would have sufficed.

I'm not adverse to showing the plight of others to tug the heart strings of the watching public, it IS important especially to the under eighteens, to see WHY they get to piss about on a school day for 'charity'.

Also It's not beacuse I feel uncomfortable by the images I saw, there were at least two very moving stories about a street girl being re-united with her sister and a kidnapped boy being returned to his family four months after his abduction. It was classic emotional blackmail, thoughtful and well done and left many people reaching for the phone to donate a few quid (Myself included) but this constant barrage , I thought, was overbearing after an hour or so.

This important message was completely oversaturated and as such desensitised the topic. The show was meant to be ten hours plus of comedy????

Where was it? Most of the acts were inept, failed either by woeful lack of material (Spiderplant Man? )or the constant bumblings of the BBC (All of it, especially fame academy) who should stick to football and 'Songs of Praise' from now on , when it comes to live broadcasts. The few acts that had potential had been sledgehammered to death by newspapers and TV guides up to a month before being broadcast and so lacked any impact what so ever!

All of this and with every 10-15 minutes interspersed with harrowing images left the viewer, confused and left the programme lacking any kind of continuity.

I've bought my red nose, my novelty charity crisps and even participated in some 'wacky' work related activities for charity, but Comic Relief???
Good cause = Yes, Good Idea = Sort of,
Good Implementation = No chance.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I laugh because I obviously had no ****ing idea what the topic was about.

Go me!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Serious point - if Dawn French, Lenny Henry, Johnny Vaughan, that Carr wanker [he was probably in there somewhere], John Culshaw, Patrick Cuntly, Keira Knightly, Jennifer Saunders and all the other tired old tossers they drag out each year donated the piles of money they had lying around their mansions to Africa, there'd be no need to bug me for the few quid I have for bread, cigarettes and Collected Comics.

Lenny keeps babbling about how 5p will feed an Etheopian for 28 years and whatever. How many could they feed for the cost of flights etc. to fly a dozen has-been comedians and BBC film units out to Africa to present carbon copies of the documentaries they did showed last time around?

I tried to instigate a "Sponsor Me to Insult Customers and see if I can gloss it over and convince them I didn't" thing at work, but management weren't up for it, coming up with the highly original idea of, *chortle* wearing a red nose for a shift. I didn't partake, and we raised about 9p.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, the Peter kay video gets my support for bringing Bungle out of retirement (why should it just be George and Zippy who get all the comebacks?).

But wait... wasn't the Bungle costume stolen a few years ago... Could this be a *gasp* imposter Bungle? The world should know!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!