Why do I go batsh*t insane over new Star Wars crap?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

oh my remember when this was about star wars?

will someone please think of the children?!!?! :p
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
oh my remember when this was about star wars?

will someone please think of the children?!!?! :p

Ok. So what are the best Star Wars toys out there, currently?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

When did I become the butt of all the english and grammar jokes?

Oh .. yes ... I remember now ...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Civ
So what are the best Star Wars toys out there, currently?

Probably the Unleashed figures. Anyone manage to find the Sidious/Yoda one?
Civ

Post by Civ »

I think I found one that's even better.

Fear the wrath of DARTH TATER!!!!
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah Darth tater is pretty sweet. that deluxe anakin figure with the vader costume and everything seems prety hardcore.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
deej
Protoform

Re: Why do I go batsh*t insane over new Star Wars crap?

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I've bought 9 new figures in the past 5 days. Even figures I already had before like the Emperor, Kenobi, and Vader. I bought two boxes of Crispix tonight to get the UPCs for a R2D2 cereal bowl.

I even contemplated buying a copy of The Phantom Menace. :sick:

So I'm not the only one. *phew*

In the last little bit, I've bought 5 figures, 2 of the lego kits and came very close to buying an ARC fighter lego kit.. There's a sci-fi con in brisbane this weekend (Ray Park, Temura morrison (aka jango fett) & Daniel Logan (kid who played boba fett in ep2) are all going to be there) and casefresh are going to have a stall there (australian online distributor.. one of the very few)... which means exclusive stuff up for grabs... also hoping to get a copy of TF: Generations or the Binaltech book, but I'm not holding my breath - SW stuff is what I'll be after for the most part.

Darth 'Tater also rocks majorly - scary bit is, he wasn't my first Mr. Potatohead figure either :D Ana-vader is right up there as one of my fav. figures in the new line too, despite the vader head/cape bit being a little hard to get on initially & the lack of articulation (which seems to be sacrificed in order to make the gimmick work)..

Auros - have you seen the clone trooper 4 packs that are coming? 4 individually coloured (or plain white) troopers in a package.. almost like they're doing a Republic Commandos set :D
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I saw them advertised in Toyfare this month, but I didn't know they were making it to mass market.

What version of Anakin has the burnt face? Is it that quick-change one? I have the one where it looks like he has on eye-liner and a robe and replaceable ungloved robot hand. The other version I saw had red and blue sabers, no robe, and less "makeup."

On the off-topic side of things, reading about Mike Vick having herpes was the best news I've heard all week. Hopefully one of the skanks he shared with his brother passed it on to his pederast ass.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

EDIT: The clone trooper four-packs are coming out in may (according to BBTS. I've gotta order those). There are four variants: white/clean, white/battle damaged, color/clean, color/battle damaged.

I bought a bunch of stuff. They're descent, but I think the Kenner ones of 10 years ago seem a bit sturdier for some reason. My Obi-Wan's Jedi Kick broke because I moved it a micron too far (which just happens to be a micron beyond where you need to move his leg to in order to get him into position (way to give us a margin of error . . . something tells me that he's gonna get returned a lot. I can't be arsed to do that, so I'll just be using him for display . . .). To tell you the truth, I'd rather they skipped the gimmicks, and give us figures with nice articulation.

My favorite figure so far is the Clone Trooper. His gimmick is useless (as he usually just ends up throwing the gun when you use it), but his articulation's probably the best. I'm still trying to figure out why they made "Vader's lightsaber attack" the way they did (They should have left the lightsabre out, and just called it "Beat it." Yeah, I went there . . .). Seriously, it looks terrible, and I doubt it would be effective in combat.

An R2-D2 cereal bowl you say? Does it look like you're eating cereal out of his head? Because that would so pwn!

Well, I was going to say there's nothing wrong with it until you mentioned that you were thinking of buying TPM. There's a lot wrong with that. :p
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Well, I was going to say there's nothing wrong with it until you mentioned that you were thinking of buying TPM. There's a lot wrong with that. :p

As long as you buy the version that has Jar Jar edited out. I have seen that floating around at conventions.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I've been buying Star Wars figures too, for some reason. They never interested me until now.

From the Episode III like I picked up Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Mace Windu and General Griveous.

From previous lines still on th e shelf I picked up Jango, Tuskan Raider, Obi Wan (old) and Bossk.

I'm going to do a Star Wars edition of my comic as soon as I'm finished with my current one. So at least I'll get some use out of them.
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

I've picked up the Emeperor Palpatine, R4-G9, and General Grevious Unleashed figures.

I've also put the Incredible Cross Sections and Illustrated Encyclopedia Books on layaway just so I can complete my set.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Baxter
I've also put the Incredible Cross Sections and Illustrated Encyclopedia Books on layaway just so I can complete my set.

OK, I need to ask this. Has anyone found these books yet? Because I've been to every single bookstore I can think of, and those two are the only ones I have yet to find.
Ultimate Weapon

Originally posted by Baxter
I've picked up the Emeperor Palpatine, and General Grevious Unleashed figures.

Palpatine Unleashed?:confused:
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Probably the Unleashed figures. Anyone manage to find the Sidious/Yoda one?

Havent seen the Yoda one, but I have the Sidious one as well as the Vader, Maul and Leia ones.

My G/F picked up a Darth Tater a few weeks back..... its so dumb that its funny
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Palpatine Unleashed?:confused:

No, the 3 1/2 inch one.

I found the books at Wal-Mart.
sikkbones
Protoform

Post by sikkbones »

anyone here post on theforce.net?
Jetfire

Re: Why do I go batsh*t insane over new Star Wars crap?

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I've bought 9 new figures in the past 5 days. Even figures I already had before like the Emperor, Kenobi, and Vader. I bought two boxes of Crispix tonight to get the UPCs for a R2D2 cereal bowl.

I even contemplated buying a copy of The Phantom Menace. :sick:

Because you, like everybody else, can't help but get excited about the new Star Wars movie. Still I brought the phantom menance in a HMV sale. It's got a fair few lugh hearted laughs, and 2 utterly brilliant scenes (Pod race and that light Sabre fight) and Natalie Portman - possibly the most beautiful woman in the world, Possibly.

I find it funny that your so critical of Lucas and yet pour far more money than the average person into his wallet :laugh: :p

Originally posted by sikkbones

Ocassionally. I lurk on the ep 3 spoilers a lot. Great website :cool:
Ultimate Weapon

Originally posted by sikkbones

Please change your avatar. It is not allowed.
Cliffjumper

Re: Re: Why do I go batsh*t insane over new Star Wars crap?

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Natalie Portman - possibly the most beautiful woman in the world, Possibly.

Yeh. And what a staggering decision it was to hire possibly the most beautiful woman in the world [well, one of the top 100, anyway...], and then cover her face with **** and dress her like a jester.