[Culture has nothing to do with culture]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I remember some bloke advertised online for some one to eat in germany.

The media has an agenda from newspapers favouring a particular political party to reality shows like big brother which edit the footage to show people in a certain light.

this poor bloke was obviously conned and good for him for not going along with it.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Zisteau
You're contradicting yourself. That's merely a difference in culture. The only proof that would proove your laughable position would be if a chinese baby were raised in germany at that time and engaged in cannibalism.

Please at least think through your lame arguments before you make them.

It can be said no clearer than that...

Well said indeed!
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

You're contradicting yourself. That's merely a difference in culture. The only proof that would proove your laughable position would be if a chinese baby were raised in germany at that time and engaged in cannibalism.

If the child had been raised in a higher civilization with better human standards and a sense of human worth it would be westernized. But this only happens in a society created by Europeans. The Asia mindset left alone isolated does not harbor what I would call humanitarian interests. The cultural value of a human is less in Asia than it is in Europe. This is simply evolution and has nothhing to do with culture. The Japanese had to eat humans to survive in WW2. When forced into these situations inferior qualities dominate the psyche. It is up to the individual to rationalize what is right and wrong for the community. The best choices will be made from a culture that as harbored a sense of the greater good for centuries as in Europe. As every year they had to surivive winter and develop a community bond to survive this natural onslaught together. In Africa and Asia you do not have to worry about surving a winter every year. Therefore a different mindset would develop over time. This is called a phenotype.

@ Brave Max: Do your own research!

@ Sir Auros: Isolated cases do not represent a nation or culture. Especially one that as been occupied by it's enemies for 60 years.

@optimuskids: LOTF is a work of fiction!
Brave Maximus

Cutting through some BS

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
If the child had been raised in a higher civilization with better human standards
it would be westernized
only happens in a society created by Europeans.
The Asia mindset left alone isolated does not harbor what I would call humanitarian interests.
The cultural value of a human is less in Asia than it is in Europe.
This is simply evolution
inferior qualities dominate the psyche.
The best choices will be made from a culture that as harbored a sense of the greater good for centuries as in Europe.
This is called a phenotype.
No, it's called racism. What you think you are doing by saying this on this board? You have been told numerous times to stop, yet you persist with.... this.... Someone please delete the off topic bits or lock it or something. I know I shouldn't call for stuff like this. But it's so far off topic and, well you can read it for yourself.

Oh, and to point out some flaws right off the bat:

The cultural value of a human is less in Asia than it is in Europe This is simply evolution and has nothhing to do with culture.
I'm glad to see you can completely contradict yourself in a matter of a few lines.
In Asia you do not have to worry about surving a winter every year
I'm sure Tibet, Mongolia, Northern China, Siberia, northern Japan and a few other places would argue with you on this point. Not to mention anywhere closer to the equator that had mountian villiages....

@ Brave Max: Do your own research!
How about you read a book or two. History 101 is a great place to start. Then some basic philosophy. How about anything that might differ from your.... arian view point. And yes, lord of the flies is a work of fiction, but a wonderful micro-cosom for western civilization. But then again, Animal Farm is just about a bunch of farm animals, isn't it.

my comments edited, as I really am not that mean....
Ever have one of those days.......
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The cultural value of a human is less in Asia than it is in Europe. This is simply evolution and has nothing to do with culture.
Gnyargh... brain... melting...
verytired

Post by verytired »

I don't know why people bother arguing with UW, as he is incredibly dense and has a shut off mind: either ignore him or ban him for being a clear cut racist, but don't feed his fire by actually paying attention to him.
Just my opinion y'all.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

really Lord of the flies is fictional and there I was convinced it was a cutting edge textual documentary.

The Chinese were using gunpowder in weapons in the 1230's when cutting edge European Weapons tech was beaten metal .

------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic spin is a part of modern life something we can't get away from .

Some politicians do manipulate the media , debates on Tv in the UK must have representatives from both sides . 1 side can't show up for some reason no debate.
Halfshell

Ultimate Weapon is a tit.

Post by Halfshell »

Discuss.

[Ban me, see if I care! The truth will always out]

EDIT:

Awh. That's not fair! This wasn't directly related to the topic... it was more a general all-round comment, that I felt deserved a wider audience....
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

The Asia mindset left alone isolated does not harbor what I would call humanitarian interests. The cultural value of a human is less in Asia than it is in Europe.

You're saying "asian" as if it were some tiny homogeneous area, not to mention as if it had been completely static over the last several thousand years. NEWS FLASH! There are dozens and dozens of cultures in Asia, and they're all different.
This is simply evolution and has nothhing to do with culture. The Japanese had to eat humans to survive in WW2. When forced into these situations inferior qualities dominate the psyche.

Guess what, Asshat? If it were a matter of life or death, I'd eat human flesh too!
It is up to the individual to rationalize what is right and wrong for the community. The best choices will be made from a culture that as harbored a sense of the greater good for centuries as in Europe.

The greater good in Europe? I seem to remember certain times in European history when life wasn't that valued, like the crusades, the inquisition, burning 'witches' at the stake, the holocaust, etc.
As every year they had to surivive winter and develop a community bond to survive this natural onslaught together. In Africa and Asia you do not have to worry about surving a winter every year.

In Asia you don't have to worry about surviving in winter? Are you mad? Maybe in a _part_ of Asia you don't, but you seem to think Asia is this blanket statement you can throw over more than half the population of the world.
Therefore a different mindset would develop over time. This is called a phenotype.

No! It isn't! You show a stunning lack of conmprehension when it comes to genetics. (and most other things)
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

Moment of levity for this discussion; Trading Places, staring Dan Ackroyd, Eddie Murphy, and Jamie Lee Curtis.
Back for good... for Evil.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Snake
Moment of levity for this discussion; Trading Places, staring Dan Ackroyd, Eddie Murphy, and Jamie Lee Curtis.

:laugh:
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Guess what, Asshat? If it were a matter of life or death, I'd eat human flesh too!

Once the person dies, they become meat, same as any cow.

If it comes down to it, screw respect for the dead, because I'm going to survive.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

And that some people are just born inferior.

Whoa.....

Inferior? No.

Now, I do agree that some people are born jerks, no matter what thier 'status' in the world is.

I've seen some wonderful people who live in the hood, and more than a few assholes that live in the upscale 'burbs.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

.......AND CUT.

so who has seen The Fantastic Four movie?

grumble grumble
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by Snake

Dear God....

I just got that....

LOL!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Because every race has their own unique ability that they can do better than another race.

So, people, grouped by 'race', can be hallmarked like different Pokemon? Or different attachments for a socket wrench?

Dude... F**k... off...
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Clay
So, people, grouped by 'race', can be hallmarked like different Pokemon? Or different attachments for a socket wrench?

Dude... F**k... off...

As bad as that sounds, recent scientific studies are showing that it might be true. Like animals develop differently when they live in different areas scientists are now beginning to think humans do too.

I will try and find the article I read.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

recent scientific studies are showing that it might be true
Statistical trends, particularly to do with disease resistance. You'd be hard-pressed to nail down a genetic definition of a race—even considering a situation such as male-female twins reproducing, there's still genetic shift. Multiply that shift by regularly distributed spread of genetic material, centuries of long-distance travel, etc. and the 'racial purity' individuals such as Hitler banged on about has never existed... the gene pool is continually in motion.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

And with telecommunications and transportation constantly improving, the world's becoming a whole lot smaller.

Eventually, long-distance relationships will become a thing of the past, I bet. Not because people will say "This doesn't work," but because no matter where you are on the planet, you'll be able to reach someone with in a few hours (and it'll probably narrow down to a few minutes I supposed). If we see something like that happen, then the gene pool will become even more homogenous. Hopefully, this won't cause the loss of culture, as that makes things interesting (especially the food, though I suppose we'll see something like the situation in Boston, where you have different restraunts, which specialize in cultural food. The sad part is that a lot of times, these foods are bastardized versions of the actual food. Growing up with half of my descent being Italian, I hardly ever got to eat it when we went out. Later on in life, I understood why. It's quite disappointing to eat such bland sauce, when you can make a really good one yourself. It takes 2-3 hours to make, so I don't make it all that often, but when I do, It's worth it).
Civ

Post by Civ »

Ummm...I'm just curious about what these "laws of nature" are that UW is referring to.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up: