Chronicles Of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe - Teaser Trailer

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

Chronicles Of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe - Teaser Trailer

Post by Jetfire »

Been out for a while but I just rewatched it and it looks the most exciting film in the foreseeable future:

http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise ... rnia_movie

They look like they are being completly true to the story and the casting looks dead on as does the atmosphere.

Even better no americanisation or mTv'ing of it to "make it accessable to modern audiences" which is the normal excuse but which films like LotR's and Star Wars always wipe the floor with.

It does look fab :)
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Think I went to see Episode 3 when I saw the trailer for this.

Looks solid for sure. Definitely wanna see it.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

will probably take the kids to see it.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

its a must see on my list....:D
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Grimlock
Think I went to see Episode 3 when I saw the trailer for this.

Same here. It got me interested in seeing it.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

This was actually partly filmed in my home town. They used our Severn Valley steam railway station (which beats a town futher down the track that got Oh Doctor Beeching!) and did some filming in Wyre Forrest just down the road.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Did anybody here see the original BBC TV series of Narnia. It had TLTWATW, Prince Caspian, Voyage of the dawn treader and The silver chair.

They are very good if you can over look the old effects and relatively low budget.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And the fact Prince Caspian [my favourite of the four they did; I prefer The Magician's Nephew though] was only twelve minutes long.

I actually have some of them on video. The FX stand up fairly well, it's the acting that tends to suffer a bit [the White Witch leaps to mind]. About the only serious budget problem is that the big battle in Lion takes place in a small forest glen and totalsabout 15 combatants. Oh, and Reepicheep. Mind, he was a little cock, wasn't he?

I never liked the Silver Chair, even with the addition of a drunken Tom. Dull, dull, dull book. I always think Miraz was played by Tony Ainley, too, and he wasn't. And I'd swear blind Peter was random bit-part Perkins in Curse of Fenric, and he wasn't either. I love the way the most famous person in the thing was Kenny Baker...
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I probably have a "rose tinted glasses" view of the whole thing.

I didn't mind the silver chair as a book. It was brilliantly descriptive, particulary the start in the cliff above the world really feel like you're there abvove the clouds. But I'll admit it does have the least spectacular plot out of the set.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To be fair, for a BBC children's serial it stands up fairly well... they managed to nail the Pevensies and Eustace, and did get quite a lot of it right. To be honest, if you can stomach most Who,the Beeb's Narnia isn't going to make you lose the will to live... ;)
inflatable dalek

I remembered the BBC version fondly, but since buying the DVD boxset I've only managed to sit through the first one... Shame they never did the first (chronological) book, that was always my favorite as well.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Mine to. Prince Caspian and Voyage would be the 2 that are also close contenders though.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Mine to. Prince Caspian and Voyage would be the 2 that are also close contenders though.

I was never to keen on those ones...

Completely OT (though it relates to another TV show from our childhoods), I found out the other day that Mike and Angelo ran for ten years. How the hell did it manage that?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It was on ITV. On a relative scale to every other ITV kids' show, it rocked. C'mon, compare it to Zap! or something... Isn't it odd, though, when you remember a show when you were a kid running for years and years, and you look it up and they made, like, 12 episodes or something?

For the Narnia books, I'd rank them: -

1 The Magician's Nephew [Awesome stuff!]
2 Prince Caspian [Woo! Battles!]
3 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe [Seems a little basic compared to the above two, but still a great read]
4 The Horse and his Boy [Whippings, Aslan being a bastard, battles, nice "missing years" elements]
5 Voyage of the Dawntreader [Nice basic idea, but too many silly vignettes, and finding the last half-dozen lords in the same place felt like a cop-out when I was 7]
6 The Last Battle [Great first three-quarters, but then the biblical undertones become the entire bloody plot, and the whole shadow Narnia thing undermined a lot for me]
29 The Silver Chair [Dull dull dull dull dull dull dull dull]
inflatable dalek

Silver Chair owns Prince Caspian. :p
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Silver Chair owns Prince Caspian. :p

OMFG! Yr opnon suXX0r d00d!

Only on TV, because The Silver Chair got Tom Baker and most of its' plot left intact. I mean, why would a bunch of giants refer to eating two kids and a Marshwiggle as a feast? It's be like them all sharing a bag of crisps... Though I agree that the "not having Reepicheep" thing does also go in Silver Chair's favour. He was like Scrappy Doo.

You'll never guess who turned up in Tom & Jerry Kids yesterday. His slow, clumsy Southern cousin. Groundbreaking stuff.
inflatable dalek

Well yes, Uncle Tom does go along way towards making the TV version great, but it's not hjard for any book to be better than Prince Caspian... It just seemed a bit beige compared to the others (bar Last Battle that is, if anyone ever finished that one, can they tell me what happened at the end, ta).
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
if anyone ever finished that one, can they tell me what happened at the end, ta).

Ummm . . . Hermione dies?

Yeah, I've really got to read these books, especially before the movies come out.