Because we're all a little pyro

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
homerbot
Protoform

Because we're all a little pyro

Post by homerbot »

So we usually play flaming hockey about once a year, at each unicycle convention, because the Canadian team brings their hockey stuff. Well they decided that they would sell kits including everything needed for a game of flaming hockey, and one of our club members bought it. He lives pretty close to the guy who sells them, and got the first one that's been made so far. (It takes 4 hours to make a puck, so don't expect them to be sold in bulk any time soon)

Fast-forward to a few weeks ago, some people scout around to find places to play, and come up with a big, fairly secluded, fenced in blacktop basketball court/roller hockey rink.

Fast-forward again to tonight, our first game. All is going well for a little while, my team was up in fact, and then the police showed up. My dad goes up to the policeman who asks us what we're playing flaming puck unicycle hockey. The officer, surprised, asks what that is, and my dad explains it to him. The police officer asks us to light up another puck so he can see (the puck went out just as he rolled up and we weren't sure if we should relight). We play some more and a fire engine rolls up, and as one of the firemen steps off, he is humming the tune from the Vonage* commercials. The firemen convince the policeman that it's not too dangerous, and even adds that if he could ride he would be playing too. We play some more until we've played about three periods, each lasting about 3-4 lightings of the puck (it stays lit for about 5 minutes), and decide it's time to leave. As we start packing up, the police come again saying that they got another call (same officer, he's loving this stuff). It was a fun night and my team won 6 points to 2.

*Vonage is an insurance company that have commercials to the effect of [video of someone doing something stupid, for example, cutting down a large tree only to have it fall on their car] "People do stupid things... Like pay too much on car insurance."

Anyone else have fun pyro stories they'd like to share?

edit: picture links!
this one's me
this one's not me, but it's got a nice fireball
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

When i was 6 there was a power-cut in my house so my mum lit candles and placed them around the house. When the power came back on she asked me to go and extinguish them...i decided to do so with a can of my dads deodorant, with no knowledge of its flammable properties, and set fire to the curtains....and i still love fire to this day

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

yeah fire good!
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

There's a post that contributes greatly to this thread.....:wtf:

Hunter S.Thompson
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

Huh??
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

:up: for flaming puc unicycle hockey.

Originally posted by Thefallenone
Huh??

That about sums it up.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

???
Dark Dranzer
Protoform

Post by Dark Dranzer »

Originally posted by Prowl1984
When i was 6 there was a power-cut in my house so my mum lit candles and placed them around the house.
Same thing happened when I was about 11 or 12, except I was sick, my brother had to amuse me while Mum was in her room, we had heaps of candles on but no fires...and the power didn't come back on until next morning, apparently it was the fault of somebody knocking a cable out of place and ultimately causing a blackout around Geelong and other local areas in Victoria...

S- Megatron is that you?

G- Here's a hint!!

*ka-blammo*
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Thefallenone
???
Simple:

Just.
Stop.
Posting.
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
pseudonymous
Protoform

Post by pseudonymous »

Fallen: People think you're stupid. I'm inclined to agree. But I also think people need to control themselves a little better, it's getting very middle school in here and I don't like babysitting when most of us should be beyond that sort of tripe.

Homerbot: He's got as much right to post as you.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by pseudonymous

Homerbot: He's got as much right to post as you.

So you agree, then - none whatsoever.

I tell you what, it really pisses me off when one dickhead starts pissing on another dickhead. It's like "oooh, diversion! Yes, mock this guy, he's as worthless as me, but I've been clogging up this place with my sewage for longer". Like whenever Tempest used to mock someone.

And that Movie thread in N&R. I love popping in there every now and then to see which two-bit nobody is in there playing Charlie Big Potato with the guests.

I'm turning into Claypool, aren't I?
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
And that Movie thread in N&R. I love popping in there every now and then to see which two-bit nobody is in there playing Charlie Big Potato with the guests.

I'd to it again too, they think I'm their God in that thread, their God I say......
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Originally posted by Wildrider
I'd to it again too, they think I'm their God in that thread, their God I say......

Does anybody else get the impression that people don't have anything else to do with their time on this board...

hmm..anyway, the point that i tried to make fallen was that your first post didn't contribute anything to the discussion...at all...

"yeah fire good"

doesn't really relate to homerbots question of

"anyone else have any fun pyro stories they'd like to share?"

now, what did you learn? c'mon, stand up and tell the class.

ok, which board member is pseudonymous? come on now, this alter-ego thing is tiresome and isn't really funny anymore... brend did it, it worked...'nuff said.

Hunter S.Thompson
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Does anybody else get the impression that people don't have anything else to do with their time on this board...

What in this serious forum of discussion?

What should I do with my time on this board? Should I start a thread on the bombings in Jordan? Should I discuss what effects the raising of the statutory retirement age, will have on Britain's elderly? Or maybe the continued pictures of Iraqi torture? Or the debate over Britain's proposed anti-terrorist laws?

Or maybe I should just reply to sycophantic Neil Gaiman threads and post nonsense when others pre-ceeding myself do so as well, because it sure beats the depressing crap that happens on a day to day basis in this world and yours.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Originally posted by Wildrider
What in this serious forum of discussion?

What should I do with my time on this board? Should I start a thread on the bombings in Jordan? Should I discuss what effects the raising of the statutory retirement age, will have on Britain's elderly? Or maybe the continued pictures of Iraqi torture? Or the debate over Britain's proposed anti-terrorist laws?

Or maybe I should just reply to sycophantic Neil Gaiman threads and post nonsense when others pre-ceeding myself do so as well, because it sure beats the depressing crap that happens on a day to day basis in this world and yours.

i knew i should have put a smiley face in my post...was meant to be a joke type comment, no offence meant dude, after all, i post alot on here too so i fall into that category, chill.

Hunter S.Thompson
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

you mean cliffjumper ISN'T claypool?:p
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

ok, which board member is pseudonymous? come on now, this alter-ego thing is tiresome and isn't really funny anymore... brend did it, it worked...'nuff said.

It's Sades... my bet is she just keeps getting the passwords confused ;) I honestly thought it was an open not-remotely secret? Certainly if you'd just asked Sades herself or someone would have said...
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

i knew i should have put a smiley face in my post...was meant to be a joke type comment, no offence meant dude, after all, i post alot on here too so i fall into that category, chill.

Crap..sorry....mumble...no excuses......I Love you.

Don't know what gets into me.:p
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

It's ok dude, i love you too *cries inexplicably*

hmm, i honestly didnt know it was Sades...so if the majority of people know...it reinforces my question of WHAT'S THE POINT!? not that im angry about this or anything..just curious...

Hunter S.Thompson