Major Smackdown taping SPOILER!!!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Major Smackdown taping SPOILER!!!

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Your new World Heavyweight Champion is...
SPOILER! (select to read)
Kurt Angle!!!
:up:

2 unforseen swerves in 1 week! Vinnie Mac's on a roll!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

But this one was sooooo much better than Edge.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Oh, jeez.
Not cool. :down:
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I read the article on WWE. Very unexpected.

I wonder what will happen now
SPOILER! (select to read)
for Raw without him on it. Especially when he was scheduled in a match next week with Michaels
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Pretty good Smackdown. That was a nice twist when Angle showed up and kicked everyone's ass.

I'd don't follow wrestling constantly with the backstage real life info and the websites and all that....is Batista's injury for real or a work?
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Originally posted by Zisteau
Pretty good Smackdown. That was a nice twist when Angle showed up and kicked everyone's ass.

I'd don't follow wrestling constantly with the backstage real life info and the websites and all that....is Batista's injury for real or a work?

Not sure bout the triceps injury, but he's been laying off from doing singles matches for a while now ( month or so) due to a back injury, he decided against surgery for that (this injury wasnt aluded to in the show i belive- well bar him being taped up for a weak), this current triceps injury could either be a new injury or a way of covering up for his back injury being worse than first realised.

As for the match itself, while i knew the outcome i was hoping when i saw it for Rey to win, would have been a nice set up for him over coming Henry.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

It would have been awesome for Rey to win the battle royal, but it seems that, if Rey is ever going to win a world championship, it'll be at a major PPV event, either SummerSlam or even WrestleMania. Maybe Angle/Rey as the Smackdown WM main event this year?
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Vin Ghostal
It would have been awesome for Rey to win the battle royal, but it seems that, if Rey is ever going to win a world championship, it'll be at a major PPV event, either SummerSlam or even WrestleMania. Maybe Angle/Rey as the Smackdown WM main event this year?

It would certainly make some great matches to come between the two, but do you honestly think that Rey Rey stands a chance at becoming World Champ? He's one of the best wrestlers out there, but in the world of wrestling, nobody would believe a character of his size could be world champ. Vinnie Mac wouldn't allow it. God I hope I'm wrong.
Ignavus
Protoform

Post by Ignavus »

I would have agreed, but with the push we've seen Rey get lately, I think he's finally made the jump to legitimate contender. Especially with the unfortunate passing of Eddie, damn I miss him, it seems Rey had taken his spot next to Tista.

I don't remember if I said it here, but that battle royal should have seen Angle on the outside, and Rey eliminate Mark Henry. Huge pop for Rey, he thinks he finally won... and then Angle Angle Slams him over the top.

Sure, Angle was getting positive reactions against Cena, but you SHOULDN'T turn Angle face.

This way, the seeds are sown for Mysterio/Angle at Wrestlemania. They could have Angle screw Mysterio out of the number one contender spot for the Rumble (Angle realizing he's the bigger threat... even more build) and then have Rey win the right to challenge him at No Way Out.

Since we ALL know cena is taking the belt back off edge and trippers is gonna win the rumble (yuck) this seems like a great way to make a Wrestlemania 'happy ending' as the "smallest man" in wrestling and the ultimate underdog becomes the World Heavyweight Champion.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ H. Simpson
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I agree...Mysterio should have eliminated Henry, then been eliminated in a crafty way by Angle. It's not as if they're going to build a fiery, compelling Angle/Henry feud. This might be another example of WWE pushing Mysterio near the top tier, then pulling him back. This happened late last year, when Rey feuded with JBL before being absolutely destroyed by him at No Mercy. Before that match, Rey was beginning to look like a viable world title contender, but hasn't since until this battle royal. Time will tell whether Rey will line up to face Angle at WrestleMania, or whether the honor will go to someone like Benoit.