Fast Food Poll

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

What are your favourite eateries?

Burger King
21%
KFC
7%
Wendys
14%
McDonalds
7%
Long John Silvers
3%
Pizza Hut
7%
Other fast food chain
10%
Sit down meals at more formal diners
17%
No fast food- prefer to eat only at home
14%

Total votes: 29

Scout

Fast Food Poll

Post by Scout »

Last night I stopped at a hybrid gas station/McDonald's for dinner, and wound up sitting there in the jeep, under the gas station's awning, watching shooter-marble-sized hail come down and bounce around for quite a while.
Got to thinking- I've never posted a poll (with good reason). But, now I'm curious so I'll try one- most folks eat out once in a while. Where do you like to eat out most? Fast food chains? If not fast food, any favourite, more leisurely places?
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Sit down professional meals with a waiter and a suit and tie. I prefer that than fast food joints such as wendys or McDonald. I may occasionally eat out at normal joints such as a Steakhouse or the local Outback.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Occasionally eat at McD's when my head decides it wants monosodium glutamate and burnt-tasting caffeine. Generally reminds me why I don't eat at McD's, but does the trick.

Unless on the off-chance I'm around for breakfast, as I do quite like the glutinous mess they sell as Egg McMuffins. Shame they're not available all day.

I don't particularly enjoy sit-down gatherings -- I'm either there to eat or talk, not both at the same time. Food + bar afterwards is fine... and I'll happily go suit and tie and relax, but anywhere with a dress code can stick it.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Wendy's has the best dollar menu right now, but Hardee's has some really good burgers nowadays. Burger King had a good thing going until they dropped jalapeño poppers and then slashed their dollar menu to ribbons. McDonald's is only worthwhile for breakfast bagels. Long John Silver's has the best fish batter in the world.

I try to limit fast food to once every two weeks, but end up eating way too much of it when I'm on a vacation.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

A&W
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

If I'm hungry and need something cheep than Maccy D's thend to be the only thing available thats warm. Occasionally I go for a Zinger Tower at KFC (My fast food of choice). Otherwise Fast food normally comes via being drunk in a KFC ripoff place (Chicken cottage etc) or the odd kebab.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Hate fast food in general, havent had a Maccy Ds in YEARS but I love their milkshakes, my fast food of choice is KFC, but usually I only get the popcorn chicken box, or two drumsticks.

I much prefer getting a burger from kebab shops, either half or quarter pounder depending on how drunk I am
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

McDonalds offended my sensibilities years ago when they decided that, no, people don't want quarter pounders without that sheet of processed yellow rubber in it. I've never forgiven them.

I don't think I've been to KFC since I found what can only be described as a medium sized wig in sharing space with the mayonnaise in my fillet burger once.

Burger King's Western Whoppers are the shizzle for rizzle.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Macedeys Quarter Pounder with Bacon is sheer genius- though generally i prefer Burger King stuff.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

I used to get KFC every so often, but now it sickens me. I love Pizza Hut, though I hardly ever go there because of how long it takes to get your food or even give your order and their insane prices. Pizza Hut Express is a better alternative, it has all Pizza Hut's great food, but without the waiting, and it's cheaper.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Chipolte for me. Althought I think McDonalds does own them.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

I rarely eat burgers these days because I just don't find them healthy and eating one makes me feel more guilty than full. I do love Wendy's dollar menu. Their chili and chicken nuggets rock like no other. As for McD I only buy fruit & walnut salad and parfait there now. Weird isn't it?

But if I have to pick a burger joint it's got to be In N Out, follow by Wendy's.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Fish & Chip shop chips, drowning in their own fat, with ****loads of salt and vinegar > Everything Else.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Mmmm, that actually sounds good......
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
A&W

<3
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Scout

Post by Scout »

Proper UK chippies chips/fries rock mightily. Closest thing we have is LJS, which admittedly has the best-tasting battered chicken anywhere in my op. I can't have fish, so can't compare there. Wendy's baked potato > chips/ fries. Coolness. Thanks for the answers so far. :smokin:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Fish & Chip shop chips, drowning in their own fat
Done in dripping, ideally... we're far enough south it tends to be oil, though. On the whole I prefer scallops (big battered chunks of potato, for the benefit of non-Brits...)
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

fish and chips joints do indeed rock.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Fast food tends to freak me out (being a vegetarian doesn't help; my fault, I know), and being less lazy than poor makes cooking at home more appealing than eating out. Though Whataburger has grabbed my intrigue...

Oh, I also appreciate Sonic because they exist here. They sell TV commercials in Pennsylvania, but I've never actually seen a branch there. Don't know if I've ever eaten at one anyhow.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Sorry..I had Chipolte again today, so I'm still a happy gal..

Reflector...you can go veggie at Chipolte...and love it.