Al-Zarqawi dead.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sociopathic Autobot

Al-Zarqawi dead.

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

So the US Military actually gets a huge victory in Iraq. I will post more when I get home on how I feel about this.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

I don't think anything much better will come of this. There will always be extremists, and new leaders will step up. But if it makes the American's feel better about themselves...
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Its just suprising that all this time they couldn't kill him, Aren't they supposed to be the most techological armies in the world and they couldn't kill a single man or find him? How suprising that it came a few days after the fact that marines went on a rampage.

Anyway, good for the US. They should be proud that they killed one man. Lets see, 10,000 + to go....
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Sociopathic Autobot

Originally posted by Aardvark

I love that.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Seriously though, what good is one dead man, if it is even Zarqawi, when Al Q and others are glad he was gone?

It won't stop the resistance, it will just become a mad scramble to gain his position. Then it will be back to normal. Marines killing innocent people, government coverups and the rest.

A normal day in Iraq.
Sociopathic Autobot

It isn't the victory that won the war, but it does give the US a significant and needed morale boost. Make no mistakes I was very much anti-Iraq but now they're in there and there is no point in hating the US Soldiers for doing what they need to do to survive. I believe that some of these 'troop atrocities' are overblown and over-analyzed because of Abu Gharib. Does that make them happening okay? No, but I think the magnifying glass is reading too deep into things.

I think that if the US does get morale up they could actually beat the terrorists in the end.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
I think that if the US does get morale up they could actually beat the terrorists in the end.
If by "the" you mean "this lot" or "some".
Sociopathic Autobot

Originally posted by Denyer
If by "the" you mean "this lot" or "some".

I am referring to the Iraqi Insurgency, not terrorism in general. Sorry for the mix-up.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Well, I can't copy Aardvarks picture link, but pulling general phrases out of my arse is what I do all the time. I'm not going all technical into this war business.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by ravimus prime
Well, I can't copy Aardvarks picture link, but pulling general phrases out of my arse is what I do all the time. I'm not going all technical into this war business.

You're a hero to everybody with a social conscience.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
Make no mistakes I was very much anti-Iraq but now they're in there and there is no point in hating the US Soldiers for doing what they need to do to survive.

That's sort of where I stand... while I don't agree with America going in in the first place, they're there now and it's more than an abstract armchair political issue, so if they take out some dangerous bastards while they're there some good might come of it (and certain segments of Iraqi insurgents are blowing up all sorts, not just Coalition troops - probably using "standing up to invasion" as a rallying call to push their own agendas). Like Myles says, if the US troops are there, it'd be nice if they weren't being blown up - that won't actually solve anything...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

How the hell do you manage to knock out those photoshop jobs so quick? And is chapter 11 on Irish generalisations?

I must ademit I'd never heard of this bloke before they started making a big thing of his death, but any sort of good news from Iraq is more than welcome at this stage.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Unfouruntanly, this terrorism thing won't stop happening once he is dead. Look, the terrorists that are there aren't Iraqi, look at Zarqawi himself! Hes a Jordanian!

Iraq has, in my opinion, not become a democracy issue it has become an American vs Terrorist issue with the poor Iraqi's inbetween. Just because one man has died won't solve anything nor will it be a blow to anything.

He styled himself as the Iraqi Al Q but was dismissed by Bin Laden and all. What seriouskly makes you think that since he is gone, they won't actually put up thier own man as the actual Al Q?

In anycase this is like killing one fly off a buffolo with a hundred files. Yes, the Buffolo will thank you for killing one fly, but he won't actually jump for joy because he knows those 99 flies will increase.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Got to start somewhere. Unless they have union meetings or something, this seems as good a place as any.
Sociopathic Autobot

There is one thing you always need to remember about the United States. When they have morale, when they have the support of the people they have always been unstoppable. The one war they really lost (Vietnam) they lost because they never made progress. They never killed the VC or MVA Generals organizing the attacks.

The US is deadly when they have morale, they become like the zealots they're fighting, focusing on a cause and grinding it out (World War one and two are good examples). This builds morale, and if they do something else along these lines again soon they will start to build steam and if that happens they may just be ableto play this as "Vietnam, but this time we actually know what the **** is going on."
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
How the hell do you manage to knock out those photoshop jobs so quick? And is chapter 11 on Irish generalisations?

I must ademit I'd never heard of this bloke before they started making a big thing of his death, but any sort of good news from Iraq is more than welcome at this stage.

Chapter 11 is a brief summary on the Crouch Thread. I have a knack for doing light speed photoshopping, pity the quality is always so poor.

Whether his death has a positive impact or not, I still feel uneasy about Bush celebrating a man's death in his speeches.
-Alex???
inflatable dalek

Whether his death has a positive impact or not, I still feel uneasy about Bush celebrating a man's death in his speeches.

I imagin that anything that stops people noticing that the richest and most powerful country on Earth has barely made much headway in the clearing up of New Orleans (A disaster they'd only had decades to prepare for) nine months on is welcome by him.

Do I get in thew generalisations book now?
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Yeah it’s all very convenient

Oh and see chapter 11, next to "Why do you Brits..." by Aardvark
-Alex???
inflatable dalek

Yeah it’s all very convenient

Oh and see chapter 11, next to "Why do you Brits..." by Aardvark

The answer to "Why?" is because we're bloody brilliant.