Live bands.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

No.

I saw them first time back in 1998 on the tour for The Colour and the Shape, then I saw them again as the closing act of the Leeds Festival. They really are a superb band.

Iron Maiden (who I also saw at Leeds) blew me away, so I'm off to see them again in December. Also going to see Disturbed (who're supposed to be great live) in September.
Sades

Post by Sades »

The Tea Party live= brilliant entertainment. They've been split up now for months, however. :(
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

my fave live band for the last 3 years has been the von bondies, they kick ass, although a bit quiet on info at the mo.

also recommended are jon spencer blues explosion and the music.
join me on myspace!!!! http://www.myspace.com/jezzy_bravo

if you get chance check out my eBay auctions...... http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjezzy_bravoQQhtZ-1
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by saysadie
The Tea Party live= brilliant entertainment. They've been split up now for months, however. :(

Apparently the lead singer alone is better, that's my friend's take

Add IMA Robot and She Wants Revenge to the list of those worth seeing. The IMA Robot lead singer just blew me away with how into it he got. She Wants Revenge is very interactive with the crowd, and they are quite fun live.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
schecter sigma
Protoform

Post by schecter sigma »

Saw anthrax, megadeth and mudvayne last year and they were all great but it always depends on the venue.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
Apparently the lead singer alone is better, that's my friend's take

I don't get that, sooo... your friend is on crack imo.

I don't know, I'm of the opinion that Jeff Martin was a bit of a **** if what I've heard is to be believed- apparently broke the band up without saying anything? Though I know next to nothing, really... and I'll stop babbling about things no one else gives a damn about now.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by saysadie
I don't know, I'm of the opinion that Jeff Martin was a bit of a **** if what I've heard is to be believed

How many musicians aren't a **** to some degree or another?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by Brendocon
How many musicians aren't a **** to some degree or another?

Not a clue. But people in general can be ****s [sometimes] anyway, so my guess would be roughly equivalent.