What gets you cheesed off?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sassy
Protoform

What gets you cheesed off?

Post by Sassy »

Generally I try to keep a happy go lucky attitude and stay positive but some people are just rediculous and I can't help but become heated up.

What makes me furious is when I'm busy working and one of my coworkers isn't (bull ****ting, going to the break room, shopping, talking on their cell phones, chatting all night etc.), then blasts me for not doing her job, this used to happen a lot when I worked in one department, and it just happened yesterday but I pratically laughed in the non-workers face, which infurated her and then made me mad.

At my job we have sections to do, so if one person leaves their section (for a legit reason-toilet room breaks) or their busy (multitasking) and another person isn't busy the one may help the other one out. I'll try to help out whoever I can whenever I can because I like it when they do that for me and it makes me look/feel good.

Anyways yesterday, Lila was just BSing all day, got caught, and then slammed me for not picking up her slack (cuz if I did its less likely she wouldn't have been caught). So I scoffed at her (imagine the audacity) and then I explained if she had done her job in the first place she wouldn't have had any problems. She shock her hand and head at me as if I was wrong and then walked away, I couldn't help myself so I followed her to her section and tried to explain that it wasn't my fault, if she wanted me to help she could have asked me and not just left without notice.

The manager came, listened to Lila, who then said it isn't the first time I've had a problem. I explained the current situation to the manager and then explained that the problem the other day was a caller called from a cell phone with a bad connection consequently she had to call back. The Manager said to both of us that it's okay and it's over now, then I was sent back to my own section, avoided Lila for the rest of the night.

But God damn I was really really pissed off! I can't remember the last time something had set me off that badly.

Anyways what really gets to the rest of you?
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

umm... my work's just not interesting enough for me to care. the only time i really get mad is when i can't get my girlfriend to understand me, and that's just because i get exasperated.

... i did bite my friend's arm after he screwed up a concert flyer my brother gave me... but that was in primary school.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

An easier question would be what doesn't annoy me. I think people should realise just how poor this planet really is and then they might understand my perspective.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Wolfang
An easier question would be what doesn't annoy me. I think people should realise just how poor this planet really is and then they might understand my perspective.

I think you should realise how good life can be, if you make the effort. Really mate, all this depressive talk does no one any good. Not you, not anyone else on this board - no one.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

People who insist on spelling "ridiculous" with an "e" in it cheese me off.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The fact that I can never fully remember Brend's colour scheme off the top of my head. This means I actually have to read and comprehend his posts rather than just saving time by seeing the colour and geting the gist.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

If you think that's bad, try having to open up the control panel and check the raw code for your own sig every time you make a post...
inflatable dalek

See- I had to read those words wot he wrote! Imagin if we lived in a world where everyone had to pay attention to what eachother was saying, sheer madness would ensue...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Losing to the computer opponents when I'm playing Hearts. That's what really pisses me off.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

You know it cheats, right?
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Work colleagues probably irritate me more than anything, when they dont bother pulling their weight. On a Sunday after the stores closed 70% of the people working on our area do f*** all, we have to shut down the tills (I work at Sainsburys) clean them all, clear the rubbish, collect up any left behind items, any security tags and stuff and other jobs, I'm probs one of the senior members of staff in terms of how long I've worked that shift, so I'm given job after job after job, now I'm not saying I cant handle the work load because it's not too hard, but it's so annoying when I'm given 20 jobs to do and some little 16 year old tard is standin round talkin to his mate.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

If you're one of the senior staffers, can't you delegate one of your jobs to the brats?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Brendocon
You know it cheats, right?

I suppose, though it's all the more satisfying when I win...

...which I do, frequently.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Brendocon
If you're one of the senior staffers, can't you delegate one of your jobs to the brats?

not senior as in position, senior as in how long ive worked there. I've been there 2 and a half years, and am one of the longest servin people there on closing on a Sunday.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

My problems are almost the same as Sassy's and Cpunche's, although my work subject is more like CP's.

I mean, it's irritating enough that you work without any health insurance for a measly 27-32 euros for 8 hours [roughly 40 USD], but you're treated like **** from most colleagues when it comes to work [thankfully, work alone].

Working the nightshift usually calls for washing all the glasses [which in turn, calls for waiting for the last client to leave] and then mopping and cleaning the entire bar. My colleagues usually get off an hour earlier than me and they get paid for an additional hour, and then they just have to sit and have a drink while friends and other people just hang out at the bar. The coolest guy was the one that asked for a paper cup so I didn't have to wash additional stuff at the end.

At all the staff meetings they usually say that they f*ck us up real bad at times and everybody says that's right but nobody really makes a difference. A couple of people really help but that's it.

If I didn't have my casual and fun attitude I'd be chocking people left and right at that place.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by CounterPunch
not senior as in position, senior as in how long ive worked there. I've been there 2 and a half years, and am one of the longest servin people there on closing on a Sunday.

That's nothing, I've been at Tesco four and a half years and have all the seniority of a frozen pea.

Yesterday a chap in another aisle was working insanely slow- About one cage every three hours. Now I've been taken in the office and told off for working three or four times that fast, but instead a maqnager comes up to me in cheese and told me I had to work faster to pick up his slack. :confused:
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by CounterPunch

Which, as far as I see it, means you should have the right to shout at the newbies who refuse to do their job.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Not really, because while I've been there longer and so get given all the jobs to do by those who actually have any authority at all, I cant order these 16 year olds around, simply because my job title is exactly the same as theirs.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I love life in general, and there are very few things that get to me, but one annoyance I can't ignore is a student of mine who just will not shut up. I've had a few, and they all have driven me to the brink.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Workplace politics. Is there anything more pathetic?