if coworker.age = 21 then

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Garand

if coworker.age = 21 then

Post by Garand »

DRUNK POST!!!!

wow.. I'm messed up.. but not as much as my coworker who just turned 21. Gesani doesn't know what he's missing by going to one of his friend's parties instead of being here!!

My coworker just turned 21 today, and has had his first taste of booze. wow this is hillarious.

I've been laughing my ass off at him for the past hour or 3. He's beyond screwed up.. and we're recording it and it's being broadcast on Gesani's mypsace (we think). If only the audio was working...

We were watching Cars, but I think my fellow geek's antics have stolen the show..

The morning is going to be interesting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Drunk posts are so Thursday :o

Glad you're having a good 'un.
Halfshell

Re: if coworker.age = 21 then

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Garand
My coworker just turned 21 today, and has had his first taste of booze.

Was I alone in thinking "awh, that's so sad" (in a genuine sympathetic, non mocking, way) when I first read that?
Sociopathic Autobot

Re: Re: if coworker.age = 21 then

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Was I alone in thinking "awh, that's so sad" (in a genuine sympathetic, non mocking, way) when I first read that?

Nope, I had some twangs of pity aswell.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

it's weird to think that in america, it's quite common for kids/adults to wait til their 21st birthday before they let alcohol pass their lips.

me? I wasn't even 12 when I first got pissed.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Warp might have been 12 at the time, his life's just been a drunken blur for so long it's hard for him to remember...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I remember getting lightly toasted at a family wedding on the Buck's Fizz that not many people liked... and trying someone's Guinness and not liking it... I think I was either 8 or 9.

Didn't really touch booze until the tail end of secondary school after that, having discovered cider. Worked out limits quite quickly. In fact, I can still probably count on both hands the times I'd consider I've been really drunk.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

"why, i've been drinking for as long as i can remember...which is like... a day and a half"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Denyer
In fact, I can still probably count on both hands the times I'd consider I've been really drunk.

Those are just the times you can remember though...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Pretty much the exact opposite...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I had the odd small glass of cider when a nipper... then I think it was 16/17. I tend to get fairly sloshed when I do go out, but I don't get hangovers, and I've only been sick once, so I guess I know my limits too.
inflatable dalek

I never get hangovers either. And the advantage of working Sunday night is that It's actually in my best interest not to get up till three in the afternoon...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I tend to get fairly sloshed when I do go out, but I don't get hangovers, and I've only been sick once, so I guess I know my limits too.

I tend to throw up as a matter of course shortly after getting home these days... it might be something to do with eating shortly before the whole getting hammered thing... fortunately it has the wonderful side effect of getting most of the alcohol out of my system, meaning I can be quite disgustingly cheerful in the morning.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Probably dissolving your teeth, though.
inflatable dalek

I'm fairly likely to be sick if I get insanely drunk, though thankfully it's a rare occurance.

It helps I tend not to drink towards the end of the night as the crazed drunken dancing bug takes hold.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm more of an alcopops person, which sort-of words... the taste sort of gets to you after 6 or 7, which is about the right point for me to stop drinking (I tend not to eat full stop unless I can help it, and I'm happy to be a lightweight - never seen the point of going out and spending £30 to get pissed - why bother when I can manage it on a tenner?).

Anyone else start out "proper" drinking with Hooch? Or am I the only one who remembers that sickly stuff?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I tend to suffer with memory loss these days... It's a bit disconcerting, to be honest. Went out Friday night, blew £40, got home on the beer scooter and woke up Saturday very cheerful and hangover free... Tis strange.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
inflatable dalek

I'm a Smirnoff Ice man, which I suppose counts as a alco-pop. I only drink pints when I'm having one or two.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Anyone else start out "proper" drinking with Hooch? Or am I the only one who remembers that sickly stuff?
Tried a sip of one when they were all the rage... I don't mind fruit juice and spirits, mixed well, but Hooch had an artificial citric acid taste to it.

What were the ones that came in bottles shaped like lightbulbs called?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Denyer
Tried a sip of one when they were all the rage... I don't mind fruit juice and spirits, mixed well, but Hooch had an artificial citric acid taste to it.

What were the ones that came in bottles shaped like lightbulbs called?

I never tried Hooch... Alcoholic lemonade is how it was described to me, and that never appealed. Bottles shaped like lightbulbs? Before my time, that is.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"