Magic Knight Rayearth

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Magic Knight Rayearth

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Have any of you seen this anime?

What did you think about it?
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I have yet to see it but my friend seems overjoyed and quite possibly obssessed with it so it could be a worth while check out...
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

well Plasmodium, if you want to see the series, send me a PM and i'll send you the 1st episode via ICQ.

You can also check

http://www.oneminuteleft.com

and download the RPG based on it for the snes, it follows the 1st season of Magic Knight Rayearth pretty well. Playing this game DOES spoil a few plot twists when you haven't watched the series. Especially the one near the end...
OmegaDenmad
Protoform

Post by OmegaDenmad »

Originally posted by Ravage_mk2
Playing this game DOES spoil a few plot twists when you haven't watched the series. Especially the one near the end...
Believe me, you don't want to see that spoiler...

---spoiler---

-
-
-

I like that series, it begins so cute and magical girl like, and ends in such a sad and miserable way with three girls trying to accept the fact they have become murderers...
Then came the second season and fixed that of course, but that's another story.
Insert philosophical phrase here. Yeaaaaah right.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Yeah, the SNES rpg of MKR(there is also a Saturn one) was the first and thus far only rpg that left me feeling BAD about defeating the final boss...

You have to admit though, that plottwist at the end is NOT something you'd expect.

Sadly never seen any 2nd season stuff, apart from the 2 openings, especially the 2nd opening is nice. You see that Mashin Gestalt being formed. The girls look older too
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I have the Sega Saturn RPG of it, GREAT!!! I've DLed very little of the show, but enjoied what i've seen. It's pretty darn good, and even though it has the usual run of the mill anime concepts in it, i think it's pretty fresh.