Myspace.com

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Terome
So now you're blind AND collared. That's a pretty bad way to walk down the street. People would make fun.
Not really. You yourself said that we're like celebrities and as you know, celebrities play an essential role in a culture obsessed with beauty; they define to the rest us what is beautiful, what is chic, what is hip. After the paparazzi see him sashay down the street blindly, everyone will go to great extremes in order to emulate this hip, new, look….. until the next fad arrives, and last weeks sensation ends up hosting reality television programs. Yay! ;)
Originally posted by angloconvoy
Oh my god, first time I`ve looked at wikipedia in ages, since when was it cover in WARNING: THIS MAY NOT BE TRUE stuff?

Well, it isn’t always. “Leet” terminology, such as “emo”, I’d say qualifies as dubious content. Someone who has distaste for whinny, angsty, teenage boy, rock may as well have posted it. I thought it was pretty funny, personally. :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Please do not fear me; I have been hanging around TFArchive since it hosted the scans for Warrior School, but never really posted, and I've come to regard most of you in the manner of characters on a television show that I enjoy.

That's essentially what I did as well - I started coming to the site in 2001 or 2002 after I realized information on Transformers was available via the web. At first, I was overwhelmed to just look at scans of the original catalogues and have the memories of... looking at the catalogues (I didn't have that many TF's as a youth) come flooding back.

After that, I just started reading everything that was up in the content sections. I was intimidated at joining the forum because everyone already had so many posts. I thought I had missed the boat :o

Anyway, back to the thread derailing...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Clay
That's essentially what I did as well....

Seems to me, that's pretty common around here - that folks tested the waters first before they joined. I did the same thing my self. I lurked here for years, actually.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

that's exactly the smae thing i had done, but what the hell, might as well jump in sooner than later, and i had opinions on things..

angloconvoy: Oh my god, first time I`ve looked at wikipedia in ages, since when was it cover in WARNING: THIS MAY NOT BE TRUE stuff?

that's something that I've bever seen either...
weird.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Lurker too.Damn lotta years.Redman has it right though,and it was a website found completely on accident for me.Noow near the top of my favorites.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Well that's nice to know. Checking an interactive message board almost daily for seven years or so before deciding to actually interact with the place seemed like quite strange behaviour when I came to describe it just up there. It's good that the strangeness is diluted by a couple of you guys.

But, ah yes - those old days. Reading the very incomplete Transformers Encyclopedia, trying to piece together the story from my very fragmented hoard of Transformers comics, annuals and toy boxes. I was pretty excited when I found out that most of the cool stuff was UK-only. Also, reading the actual issues that were described in those annual 'the story so far' bits was a little surreal, actually.
Not really. You yourself said that we're like celebrities and as you know, celebrities play an essential role in a culture obsessed with beauty; they define to the rest us what is beautiful,

True, true. Do you think that the beautiful people out there are emulating TFArchive already, or is it more of a sleeper hit whose impact will only really be felt next season, when it comes time to break out the shorts?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Nothing will convince me that any of you ninnernet people are real.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

True, true. Do you think that the beautiful people out there are emulating TFArchive already, or is it more of a sleeper hit whose impact will only really be felt next season, when it comes time to break out the shorts?

Nah, the archive is just beginning to alienate the masses with its mind warping programming. Just wait for the season finale!
looks around cautiously
Okay, okay, listen - you didn’t hear this from me, by the way but…you see, a couple nights ago I found my self at a prestigious gathering where important, beautiful, folk were consorting over champagne and an array of designer drugs. You know, the higher-ups that have “connections” to the archive. I got myself, shall we say, acquainted with a big shot executive. Baseless rumor has it that a key archive character will die, while a male member will be pregnant with the deceased members baby and one of the moderators will reveal his or herself to be none other than Wing Omega Convoy! (...what?!!) The exec said a lot of things actually, but it’s a bit of a haze, if you know what I mean. But trust me, the archive ain’t going stale….not by a long shot.
;)
Terome

Post by Terome »

Good detective work, Rubi. I've done some investigating myself, actually. I read on a toilet wall last week that Cliffjumper was going to die and be reincarnated as Nevermore's child.

Coincidence?

We'll just have to see.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Also, reading the actual issues that were described in those annual 'the story so far' bits was a little surreal, actually.

Am I the only person who was hugely disapointed that the "Shockwave pwns Jazz and Ratchet" art actually had nothing to do with The Last Stand?

And I am Michael York.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

I remember being incredulous as to how Shockwave could knock Jazz's head off using his gun hand. My reaction to reading Second Generation was not logged in any readily-accessable part of my memory. To the meditation chamber!

By the way, Mr. York, my mum loved you in Cabaret.
inflatable dalek

I remember being incredulous as to how Shockwave could knock Jazz's head off using his gun hand.

Because he's Shockwave of course!
By the way, Mr. York, my mum loved you in Cabaret.

Your mum loves me everywhere baby.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Because he's Shockwave of course!

You make a good point, Mr. York. I bet Shockwave could go to the Moon, if he wanted. He could make an orange Starscream. He could make special warheads. I wish Shockwave was my dad.
Your mum loves me everywhere baby.

Nice try, Michael York! You might have won the Town of Karlovy Vary Award, but if anyone's going to marry my mum, it'll be Shockwave and he could take your head off by punching you with his gun arm!
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

get back on topic!!!

i insulted all myspace users by calling them emos remember?
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

yes but canadians aren't real people so no-one cares for your opinion....

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
inflatable dalek

He could make an orange Starscream.

All he'd need is Tango.

Nice try, Michael York! You might have won the Town of Karlovy Vary Award, but if anyone's going to marry my mum, it'll be Shockwave and he could take your head off by punching you with his gun arm!

maybee he could, but only I have been in a Tekwar TV Movie, a far, far more deadly thing.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Originally posted by Prowl1984
yes but canadians aren't real people so no-one cares for your opinion....

:(
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

anyway...

emo's are dumb, and myspace isn't Full of emo's, just getting there....

fun to try to match people now that are asking to be friends as to who they are here. I guess it's fun, if that's the word.....
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
:(

your emoticons won't fool me! you have no emotions! although that would mean no emos which is a good thing....well with the exception of Myles obviously...but he's special...

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

aha but thats the catch 22 now isnt it? by admiting that canadians have no emotions you are inevitably admiting that your rival myles is indeed not-emo!

he cant be both emo and truly canadian can he? how many emo hockey players have you ever seen? or emo beavers for that matter?