The Golden Age of TF Archive

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

The good ol' days eh.

When The TF Mausoleum first launched (pre-ubb) and was originally intended to be called "Crystal City" nor was I to be the only webmaster, but as I was the only one doing any work for it, I took it on myself, and The TF Mausoleum was born.

My first post (pre-ubb) was as Overlord, asking if anyone had any cartoon pics of the giant.

I then changed my name to Cliffjumper (before you had to log-in with names) which I posted as a lot pre-ubb, then with the coming of the UBB and The TF Mausoleum I changed my name to Skywarp and hence it has been since.

big t (odd name, no capitals in it Image) was my partner at The TF Mausoleum writing the episode guide innitially, then moving on to write (an un-finished) Book of the Dead, then he went quiet, I never heard from him, then last Christmas I received an e-mail where he proclaimed he'd lost interest in Transformers and was no longer going to be a part of the community, he is sorely missed as no-one knew as much about TFs as he did.

My first post at the UBB was saying "hi" regarding my name change and possibly The TF Mausoleum, then defending the change to UBB, to Pun if I remember.

Then I became a mod here, and eventually an admin. No-one will ever forget the in-famous Carly, all the pale immitations now are nothing by comparison.

Topics regarding Cyclonus soon became faux pas, cos of me Image Image I don't really care, but it was an animation error Image

The original sigs I hosted were thumbnail images, then I started making pics, back in the day t'was a slow process cos I had a cr@ppy program. Then after getting PSP 6 I started making images for people, looking at my early work is scary sometimes, it sucked!

Things progressed, somehow Addl, G91 and I were lumped together, something to do with alcohol (go figure...)

I started to talk to people outside of the UBB via AIM/ICQ and do so, more than I do on the UBB itself.

This place is still my MB home, despite my lack of posting et al.

Strange reminising (sp?) like this, I'll probably come back and edit this at some point.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Good times...
My first post was pre-UBB, about the reason Shockwave was left on Cybertron. The first real event of the board I remember after that was the great flame battle between Badoona and Cloud Vader, because Badoona dissed somebody (Pacen?) for plugging his video game, then turned around and did so himself. Of course, my favorite time was the gestalt war, depite Prowl's screwing it up with his stinkin' TUG...

------------------
"Luckily, I'm immune to idiots." - Wes Holevinski
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I don't even remember what my first post was pre or post UBB.

Now if I actually remembered enough of the past to reminisce (sp?), I would.

------------------
Jim quoting Side Burn's Motto: "Speed limit? What speed limit?"
----------
"Guns don't kill people, the Government does" - Dale Gribble
----------
"Ah. Self cleaning mutant. Leaves only the fresh scent of pine." - Tom Servo
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ah, Ire ember the suer name thing - we had a rash of Starscremas, and with the exception of Ghost they were all humourless nancy-boy-worshippers... With the exception of one, they're all deads now. Woo-hoo!

I do remember a couple of people asking me if I was Skywarp, which rather threw me at the time...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Professor Smooth
Protoform

Post by Professor Smooth »

I remember when the TF boards first started. Right around season 1 of Beast Wars. It was all questions like "Did Arcee ever have a toy?" or "Who was the red cassette player guy?" or (even then) "What's with the animals? Transformers (weren't called "TFs" yet) should turn into cars and guns!"

All topics like that...

You guys remember Big T? Or the Original Triumvirate? Ahhh, memories...

------------------
ProfessorSmooth1 (on AIM)
The "Un-Smooth" list:
Brendocon
that is all.
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

You mean I acutally caused some comotion at THE TF Archive?! Wow. I guess I'm moving up from nothing to dirt.

------------------
Tell me what's on your mind. Or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!

Join TFW at www.transformerswrestling.homestead.com/tfw.html
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

First post?

Ehhh, I guess "Where can I d/l TF - The Movie?"

------------------
------------------
New updated
trade list
cosmotron
Protoform

Post by cosmotron »

Originally posted by Addl:
First post?

Ehhh, I guess "Where can I d/l TF - The Movie?"

try morpheus or kazaa

------------------
EXPERIENCE IS THE BENCHMARK OF MATURITY
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

LMAO.... Ok so it didn't actually fall off, but I laughed quite a bit.

------------------

Fish Bee will destroy you unless you click here and, like, attend or something.

This new, improved sig was brought to you by sprites touch.

[This message has been edited by LordSixshot (edited 12-11-2001).]
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Originally posted by cosmotron:
try morpheus or kazaa

hmmm... in march 2000?

------------------
------------------
New updated
trade list
S
Protoform

Post by S »

My first post in UBB was bitching about it. I had been active in pre-UBB times as well but I can't remember my first post there. Maybe something about Beast Machines sucking or Carly's IP address.

Speaking of Carly, he's a regular poster at Seibertron nowadays. Still has his peculiar sense of humor. Image

------------------
- S
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I can't remember all that much from my early days, but I do remember the: my 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th post topics, god they were lame.

------------------

'Cause Sucka's Gotsta Know!>>>Grimlock's Trading Page<<<Oh You Better Recognise!