Mystical Secrets of... Your screen name

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sixswitch

Mystical Secrets of... Your screen name

Post by Sixswitch »

I was just thinking (thinking at 2:25 in the morning is usually a bad idea - lets see if this turns out stupid), and I was wondering why everyone chose the member name that they did.

Was it simply because it's your favorite Transformer? Or has some special significance? And if your name aint a Transformer's name, what's the significance?

Anyway, mine is an amalgamation of Sixshot and Quick Switch in case no one figured it out. Sixshot is one of my favorite Decepticons, and so not only is Quick Switch a natural choice to complement him, being a sixchanger too, but he was one of my three original G1 toys that I owned (the others being Grimlock and Bumblebee). So that's how mine came about.

What about you?

-SS

PS: If this has been done to death before I arrived, and you're all sick of it, feel free to shoot me.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Denyer

Because...

Post by Denyer »

...I would've just gone for Denyer, but that would've probably meant continually explaining that it's my surname (even though the only people who call me Stuart are my family, g/f, and people who for some reason aren't comfortable with the other.)

It's a simple way of filtering conversations, and a unique identifier (primary key, for those of you who are database-inclined) in far more situations than my first name.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Plas was chosen cause it sounded cool, thats it, no more, no less.
Sheba
Protoform

I got my username off of Battlestar Galactica...

Post by Sheba »

..which is an old old late 1970's sci-fi show that RULED ALL. There was a female Colonial Viper Pilot named Sheba. I took that name and used it for my character when I created her in 1983. I turned Sheba into a Transformer in 1985.
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Denyer

Where's the...

Post by Denyer »

"Koby" bit from, then?
Sheba
Protoform

Re: Where's the...

Post by Sheba »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
"Koby" bit from, then?
ok Little Koby Fish is a character I created in 1992. I had been to college for a week and had seen the pond full of Koi fish. I got the name of the kind of fish muddled in my head and was calling them "Koby" Fish instead of Koi. I named them all and called one of them that was red black and white "Koby #1 (Red Koby)", while a red and silvery one was koby#2 (silver koby) and a third one that was the spitting image of Koby#2 (red Koby) only he was coppery colored I named Koby #3 (Copper Koby). (there was also Angel, Data, Sparky#1, Sparky #2, Sparky #3 [cuz they had marks like lightning on them], Skippy--cuz he jumped out of the water a lot; and a whole pile of others...)

Then at the fair I saw a dunk the basketball hoop game. The prizes included these cute stuffed toy fishies in all the colors you can imagine. I won one (that's all I had money for :p :( ) that was red with black gillplate/face and stripe and had pink fins. I named him Little Koby Fish. There was a green one with orange head and stripe and yellow fins that I did not win that I started drawing (along with Little Koby) and named him Little Buddy.

But anyway, that's where the "Koby" business came from.
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

Cause Getaway was funking cool and hard in the comics and got killed more times than Prime

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

I chose Mirage because he is and always has been one of my 3 fave tf's.

The more I use the name, the more I fee it suits me
join me on myspace!!!! http://www.myspace.com/jezzy_bravo

if you get chance check out my eBay auctions...... http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjezzy_bravoQQhtZ-1
Denyer

Anything...

Post by Denyer »

...to do with the invisibility thing?

Hmmmm. Have to order Eugenesis, darnit.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Strafe is just a cool TF and name. Besides that means I'm 1/5 of Compy so I have some control over him! Haha!

On the other hand he's Nosecone at Transfans and I'm Computron which means he has 1/5 control over me as well...bah!
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

used to be theGame91, in homage of HHH. I became Galvatron91 due to the likeness of our personalities...

the part i get asked the most is the 91 part...no it wasn't when i was born...i'm almost 25 you ba$turds!

91 is my number in all sports i play now. Its my lucky number and my favorite one...now, I wanted to be more unique when i joined than just being "TheGame" so I added the 91...and when i switched screen names, I kept the 91 so people would recognize me...
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

My name originated with AOL... wanted something like "Shockwave" but that and just about every variation was taken.... the best I could come up with was Shockwaeve. When I joined here, Shockwave was taken again so I used my aol name and added "Commander" to the front to make it a tad more unique and less mistakeable for the other. When I had to change names recently, I adopted the title "Grandmaster" which I got from Dragonlance novels (the Grandmaster being the head of the Solamnic Knighthood).
Hang on to your ego.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

people call me Brend... nuff said really...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Long before I got back into Transformers again I saw Blasters toy (the hideous incarnation it is) And fellinlove because I saw the autobot Symbol since I had never seen it before. So I asked the owner what his name was and he said Broadcast (japanese) I said cool and asked if I could have him to which he said no. I left went home and started looking up transformers. and came across a toy site. I said his name was Blaster not Broadcast and got pretty mad at the guy for lying. I found out last year he wasn't lying just giving his Japanese name in english. Anyways I began to label Everything with Blaster_86. Starcraft names and and games. Acrophobia s/n On ICQ and Hotmail. I lost the hotmail account after one of my supposed friends changed the password and still refuses to give it back BUT checks it so I can't use it :mad:. Ever since I saw that toy Blaster has been my Favorite TF and Blaster_86 My handle everywhere I go (if it isn't take for instance on AOL I had to use Blaster86Autobot)
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

Hmm... I honestly can't remember why I chose Skycat as my screen name. Prolly cos when I first started surfing, Beast Wars was just showing, and my online persona is a winged cheetah. *shrugs*

What I do find cool though, is that in one ep of season two Beast Wars, Rattrap calls Cheetor "sky cat." That was pretty nifty, since I saw it for the first time ages after I'd already chosen Skycat as my nick.
Felafel
Protoform

Post by Felafel »

Well..........

I was sitting here when I signed up, and I didn't wanna use my other screen names.

Then I noticed my G/f's book next to the computer....

He Died with A Felafel In His Hand... (Now a major motin picture)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
Plas was chosen cause it sounded cool, thats it, no more, no less.
And what brain-damaged 8-year old told you that? Whoever did, they were lying...

Denyer, reason I tend to call u Stu is simply because having a unique surname meant I was referred to by it all thru 2ndry school, and didn't like it, so I tend to avoid doing it to others out of habit! But I'm getting better... I usually go for Mr. Denyer though :)

Oh right... my screen-name. Well it does kinda suit me [though I'm angling for a name-change to Quicksilver], but the biggest factor was that Smokescreen was taken. The guy's a regular poster too. So anyway, I'd just seen 'Changing Gears', and Cliffjumper was hardcore in it, so voila....
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper

And what brain-damaged 8-year old told you that? Whoever did, they were lying...

I swear I was drunk when I told him totally honest.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yep, had the same problem as Cliffjumper,

The bot I wanted to be was already taken (Jazz), so I worked my way through as many G1 Autobots as I could remember until I came across Windcharger. I didn't want to be just any G1 Autobot though, for example, I don't think I could stand being Huffer, Ironhide or Cosmos, that would be just too painful:D

I also wanted someone who did a little bit more, who perhaps chipped in his 2 cents for the Autobot cause, Windcharger had one brief period in the limelight when he teamed up with Ravage to save everyone in issues 18-20 of the UK comics.

So that's how it came about. I went through a lot of name's before I got to Windy, like Prowl, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Smokescreen, Bluestreak, Mirage, Hound etc etc. Should have got here earlier really. Oh well, and I'm nothing like his character in his tech specs. Also, my arms aren't positively and negatively charged and I can't change into a Trans-Am. I do have eye's and a mouth, unlike him. You ever looked at Windcharger up close? Eeeuucch! the guy's at Takara must have been sniffing something heavy when they made him.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I was just thinking, is there some sort of mechanism Wizard type thing where the admins could send a mail quickly to people like Sideswipe, Optimus Prime, Smokescreen, Sunstreaker etc. asking them whether they intend to keep their screen-name, maybe asking them to reply in 7 days or something, and maybe free up some fo the more popular, and to all purposes unused, TFs?