Fat bastard dies

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Fat bastard dies

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Pavarotti#Death

Shock twist: not a lard/red wine-induced heart attack. Probably, I just skimmed.Prepare your worrthless "My thoughts go out to his family :( :( :(" platitudes now please.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Only you could come out with the subtlety found in the title of this thread.

kudos.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

You're a proper **** at times, mate. Even if you are right.

Was on the cards, really. Ever since he got hospitalised the other week I've had half an ear out for confirmation he's finally shuffled on.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Brendocon
You're a proper **** at times, mate.

Yeh, he does deserve a bit of credit for that Naked Gun cameo, I suppose. And then he goes and spoils it all by being friends with that ****-faced cockmaster Bono...
RCOSD

Post by RCOSD »

Get funeral tickets for a tenor
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I thought you were talking about the Austin Powers character...or Mike Myers, which, after Goldmember, I wouldn't have been opposed to.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Can I assume you're not an opera fan, Cliffy? :o

Pavarotti has been ill for well over a year and it was always a matter of waiting for him to die. Well, we're all waiting for everyone else to die - and they're all waiting for us... God's finally got a tenor (cheers, RCOSD) for the celestial choir.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Clogs
Can I assume you're not an opera fan, Cliffy?

I never miss Hollyoaks.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I never miss Hollyoaks.

And why do I respect your opinion again?

Still, all respect to the guy who used his fame and fortune to shag women half his age [Pavy, not Cliffy...]
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
And why do I respect your opinion again?

Still, all respect to the guy who used his fame and fortune to shag women half his age

.....and an eighth his size :o

Seriously sad news for a respected talent. Who else in Opera can be named by children. Respect to the guy for bringing a classical artform to the masses.
inflatable dalek

But has anyone ever seen him and John Rhys-Davis in the same room at the same time?
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

But has anyone ever seen him and John Rhys-Davis in the same room at the same time?

Nope. Funny how they have both cut down their work load since 2003. Now it has been cut own a lot more :eyebrow:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Jetfire
Who else in Opera can be named by children.

And how many living writers can they name apart from JK cocking Rowling? This is why kids have to go to school - to learn stuff so they're not so backwards. My best mate's girls have never even heard of Sergio Leone or Chris Morris (either of them). Kids' opinions aren't worth **** because they're all thick. You might as well cite something Bombshell says.
inflatable dalek

Kids' opinions aren't worth **** because they're all thick.

That applies to most adults as well mind.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That applies to most adults as well mind.

I forgot to mention that, actually, what with you daring to mock Hollyoaks and everything...
inflatable dalek

I forgot to mention that, actually, what with you daring to mock Hollyoaks and everything...

If I wanted to look at the women of Hollyoaks I can browse plenty of FHM pics on tinternet. If I wanted to watch entertainly daft TV BBC 4 is starting a run through of the Adam West Batman next week. Other than those what does it have going for it?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, unlike 1960s Batman, it's not an incredibly dull series which is nowheree near as fun as it's reputation (see also: The A-Team, Airwolf, anything most students claim is "Due, that was awesome, Kaiser Chiefs, Magners" and "much better than this **** that's on the telly now, Irony, Facebook"). Seriously, the last time I tried watching an episode I was bored to ****ing tears. Much better in tiny tiny clips on some Channel 4 schedule-filling "Best 100 ****ty Old TV Shows That Have Been Claimed By The Gay Community" compilation...

Why the Hell would anyone want to look at any of the women on Hollyoaks? Nancy's the only vaguely good-looking one...

It's half an hour's unprenteious entertainment. It doesn't matter, it doesn't mean anything, it has zero pretention, and it isn't plastered everywhere with the broadcasters trying to convince me it's cool. It's full of unprenttious people basically playing themselves and not getting delusions of grandeur because they're falour of the month with The Radio Times...
inflatable dalek

Well, unlike 1960s Batman, it's not an incredibly dull series which is nowheree near as fun as it's reputation
The Movie's the only thing I've seen recently, but it still stands up very well for me. I'd be surprised if the quality of the TV version dops off all that much.

Why the Hell would anyone want to look at any of the women on Hollyoaks? Nancy's the only vaguely good-looking one...
Most of the people I know who do watch it seem to do so for the skin factor (both male and female).

Last time I saw it was a few weeks ago when my Sister and I were both at my Mum's. It consisted of two teenage girls shouting loudly at each other over a miscarriage. The other plot seemed to have stolen the "Straight guy lured into gay cheating behind his gilrfriends back" plot Corrie did a few years ago. It's one thing to be unpretentious and quiet another to be totally without merit...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Miscarriage and teengaers? Not this year... As for the other... well, pretty hard to judge something from the one half-watched episode would be the charitable deflection of that.

Why exactly does something need to be with merit to be enjoyable for half an hour an evening now? Should I be learning to paint or something instead?
Dr Poth
Protoform

Post by Dr Poth »

Hollyoaks is great if you want to watch god awful acting.